[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game good or bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 47849_front.jpg (111KB, 640x902px) Image search: [Google]
47849_front.jpg
111KB, 640x902px
This game good or bad?
>>
It's The Ooze
>>
File: megapanel.jpg (87KB, 600x831px) Image search: [Google]
megapanel.jpg
87KB, 600x831px
I'll try it out and report back here. I have the whole set of Genesis ROMs. It's easy for me to try ANY game.
>>
I've never played it but the first level theme gets stuck in my head every fucking day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRxgL1UGF4A
>>
haven't played it since the 90's, but I had a lot of fun with it.

Something about Genesis games with bright green protags just does it for me.
>>
Stage 1 has some GOAT music.
>>
meh... it's an overhead shooter kinda like Soldiers of Fortune
you shoot little tiny shots at enemies, it's hard to position yourself properly
>>
>>3474750
That game scared the shit out of me when I was little
>>
Mediocre, just like most STI games.
>>
I like it a lot. It was one of my favorite rentals. I finally purchased the cartridge when the rental place closed. I like to think Ooze's universe is closely related to Boogerman's universe, although the latter is humorous in nature.
>>
>>3477307
go lick jap taint you fucking weeb.
>>
>>3477318
mad gaijin detected
>>
File: Comix-Zone-img.1.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Comix-Zone-img.1.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>3477307
You take that back!
>>
>>3477307
Fuck off tryheard weaboo
>>
>>3477307
I'd agree about the ones I've played so far, except for this one >>3477330 which is really good.
>>
>>3477327
Not mad, just disappointed that you'd rather play some annie moo chinese crap.
>>
>>3477330
Yup, CM is their only game that is truly great, hence the 'most' part.
>>
>>3477362

Not that anon, but this game really isn't that good. Definitely not worth getting so defensive over.
>>
>>3477429
I know. It's just fun doing this shit when you're bored.
>>
>>3474750
It's an okay game, not bad but has some annoying parts.

The levels are all extremely huge and mazelike with many puzzles, there are 20 levels plus 5 boss fights. There are no passcodes or save function, so a full playthrough may take hours to complete. On top of that you also have a lot of hidden stuff on each level, some which are required to get the good ending.

The problem with the difficulty is that when you are damaged, you do a little hurt animation, and during that you can't fight back. So fighting enemies is very annoying, you always have to run away and sneak up on them, otherwise things like those green bugs will eat you.

Also there are tons of things that can damage you, some not very visible (like a drain you can't see). And the bigger you are, the less likely it is that you can avoid things. Due to how your form flows over the map areas freely, sometimes you can reach a drain just by going past them. There are some poles that you can punch to quickly move around without filling out the area inbetween, but for that you have to "punch" them, and that can sometimes be difficult to how you go into stun mode if you get hit.

cont.
>>
>>3477465
Some stuff (quick travel poles or items) also requires curved punches to reach: punch in one direction and move the d-pad mid-punch to change the direction of your reach.

The problem is that the level design is pretty brutal and you have many, many things that can hurt you at the same time. Very often you only have an extremely small area to navigate. This is made worse by the fact that there are some things on the maps which can influence how you control (like a slope you flow down on).

Don't expect to have a large bodymass for the majority of the game. On the up side, you only die from a headshot.

Music is GOAT though, and not just the first stage. Check the sound test; there are 3 unused tracks there too.
You can reach Options by pressing down on the screen that says "Start". It's easy to miss since there are no indications that you can change that screen.

Worst part is that, especially compared to how difficult it is to get there, the endings are very unsatisfying. It's just a You Win text and a picture. The good ending (that you get if you find all DNA in the game) gives you one extra 4-frame animation of a guy emerging from the pool. No text, no story, no nothing else. Not even a unique ending music...

So, it's a fun game, but not very satisfying. It could've used more large open areas (stage 1-2 already has you navigating tight corridors). If it had larger open areas, the levels would be less maze-like, and therefore less difficult and less long. Also it would feel much more fun, given the large size of the screen you can occupy.
>>
I don't think I'd even ever heard of this game before.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.