[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Historically accurate war games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: janes-ww2-fighters.jpg (46KB, 673x505px) Image search: [Google]
janes-ww2-fighters.jpg
46KB, 673x505px
Hello anons, I'm interested in games that have a particular focus on historical accuracy. That could be game scenarios closely mirroring actual battles, or realistic game mechanics -- that sort of thing.

I'm mostly interested in WWI/WWII shooters but feel free to post whatever. Rot3K and the like are welcome also.
>>
Darkest of Days
>>
>>3474967
Lol good one, cool game though

>>3474469
I used to play the shit out of that game back in the day.

You want

Access of the deep
Red baron 2/3d
Not retro but best all round ww2 flight game is il2 also the remake of battle of Britain.

Also not a war game but grand Prix legends is a God like racing sim of the 1967 racing season
>>
>>3475971
*Aces of the deep
>>
File: Their_Finest_Hour_Coverart.png (147KB, 256x326px) Image search: [Google]
Their_Finest_Hour_Coverart.png
147KB, 256x326px
>>3475971
>the remake of battle of Britain.
Which game? Did someone remake that Lucasarts game? I'd like to know more about it because I played the shit out of that game when I was a kid.
>>
Panzer Generals, and more recently, Panzer Corps, did a fantastic job of showing operational level warfare in an elegant and entertaining fashion.
>>
>>3476117
Rowan software
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=battle+of+Britain+2&rlz=1Y3TXLS_enAU525AU525&oq=battle+of+Britain+2&aqs=chrome..69i57.10092j0j4&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8
>>
>>3474469
KOEI games and the Daisenryaku series.
>>
OP here, some good suggestions have been posted! Thanks everybody.

>>3475971
I forgot about IL-2, definitely been meaning to play that for a while. Gonna check out that Grand Prix game as well since it sounds like my wheelhouse.

>>3476681
I'm pretty familiar with most of the Koei games but I've never heard of Daisenryaku, definitely will check that out too.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.