[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HoMM/Might and Magic thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 522
Thread images: 94

File: MM6TitleArt.png (158KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
MM6TitleArt.png
158KB, 600x337px
Astrologers proclaim the week of Idleness.

Old thread: >>3438018

http://pastebin.com/6G9B1cMA
>>
Good to see the thread is back.
>>
>>3474450
Woke up this morning and saw it was dead so I made a new one.
>>
>>3474529
You're the guy who's been trying out odd parties in MM7 right? Hows the current run going?
>>
>>3474567
Not him, sorry.
>>
>>3474567
> anything but 2 melee guys + CS
> "odd"
OK

Well I am the guy who has been trying to run with RAAC, but I had been very busy for the last 2 days. I realized I needed to save/load to get a scholar hireling
>>
What's the best mainline M&M game to play first? Not necessarily the best one, but the one that's easiest to get into.

My only dungeon crawler experience is Wizardry 8.
>>
>>3474765
Any one except for IX is at least good. 1 and 2 are good too, but they are just a bit too old both from the tech and gameplay point, you will need a specific setup to play them (see the pastebin)

Not being very much into pre-Windows games myself, I'd say M&M6 is a good place to start. You won't have any hassle—just apply GrayFace patch to the game and you're good to go. Not to mention the game is in 3D and all that, with mouse look if you install the patch.

If you're not afraid of older games, you can start from 3.
>>
>>3474765
6 or 3
>>
So, talking about M&M7: is there actually no way to avoid instant kill attacks without GM Body? I really, REALLY hoped there was no bad instakill in M&M7. So far it looks like I was wrong.

I guess you could avoid it if you fight from a range. But then again, there are minotaurs who can surround you and fuck you up big time. To heck with minotaurs—even the wyverns in Avlee can instakill.

Neither are required to kill… But I have no idea what I'd do in the minotaur maze with a fighter party without GM body.
>>
>>3474765
I only ever played M&M 6 and I loved it, didn't feel lost in any way.
>>
>>3474814
>>3474826
>>3474853

Thanks guys. I'll download me some M&M6
>>
>>3474567
Speaking of odd parties, what's the oddest party you guys have ever tried in any of the M&M games?
Did you manage to finish the game with that party?
>>
>>3474765
7 is probably the easiest to get into, but definitely not the best. it's much more hand-holdy than the other games.
>>
>>3474843
I believe there was some discussion in the last thread that you can stack body resistance to at least avoid the chance of an instakill effect, but its not the same as GM protection from magic obviously.
>>
>>3474957
Yep, it was I who wrote that, but still it's pretty hard to get it under 10%.

If everything is correct, GrayFace's page suggests that the chance of death/eradication working is

> 30/(30 + LuckEffect + BodyResistance).

Since luck effect is impossible to get over 30, and very hard to get even to 15 without potions, the best bet here is to increase Body resistance.

But, Body Resistance potion adds 3 x (potion power) points to the resistance in question. Even
using philosopher's stone, it will add around 300 points to it. Meaning, there will still be ~10% of getting instant death. That's not over 50% for sure, but still not full protection.

I have tested this on Wyverns in Avlee. I gave the same 107 power Body Resistance potion to a different character every time and let the party get surrounded. Usually, the one who got the potion didn't get instakilled or got killed the last. It was especially apparent when one of my monks with ~900 HP got instakilled immediately, but the other one who got the potion withstood around 100 hits, and would probably hold on if I didn't run out of Divine Cure potions.

But sometimes, it was almost like they did no difference. One time, I think the one who got the potion actually died the first… I still wonder if I got mistaken though. Funny how every time the last man standing still got diseased—this depends on EnduranceEffect, not on BodyResistance.

So, where am I going with this, you might ask?… Someone mentioned that Titans cast Sparks, and every spark has a chance to kill instantly. Too bad I've killed them all already, I'd like to test if Body resistance potion would do any difference at all.

Of course you can (and should) add Day of Protection to this. But how much will it add? At 30 points of skill, it will add 150 points of resistance. That's pretty good, but still not full protection. Even at 1000 Body resistance, you will still have 3% chance of getting instakilled. And that's just sad.
>>
>tfw could dust the desert dragons for days but never made it past the big room at the beginning of that demon hive thing
>>
>>3474957
>>3475070
Also, I checked MMVIII to see how Preservation worked in it, and from FAQs (surprisingly few out there actually, not even a full one on GameFAQs), it seems that it only delayed death when unconscious.

This is just bullshit. I get it: the strongest monsters in MMVII are already not so tough. But I hate instakill more than anything, it's ridiculously unfair bullshit, just like SP drain.
>>
>>3474863
Did a no magic team in WoX (Barbarianx3,Knightx2,Ninja). Savescummed to get miscellaneous items of everything from light to day of protection and fireballs. Finding items of teleport were the worst. Also unlike MM3 you can't recharge items of recharging so I had to keep an eye out for anything that would let me recharge my beacons/DoP/DoS/teleport.
>>
>>3475108
And items of jump which are required in damn near every dungeon. I never had enough charges for those damn things.
>>
>>3475097
Try not charging in and pulling the whole damn room. If you have wizard eye cast, you can see when they agro because they show up as red dots. If they aren't on your wizard eye they probably don't see you yet.
>>
File: mmwox.jpg (146KB, 929x931px) Image search: [Google]
mmwox.jpg
146KB, 929x931px
>>3475108
>>3475114
>>
>>3475108
>>3475138
Crag Hack approved version
>>
File: Hack and Crag.png (444KB, 672x586px) Image search: [Google]
Hack and Crag.png
444KB, 672x586px
>>3475169
That'd be Heroes of Offense and Offense™ III

A game of attack and… well, only attack

—Attack hordes of enemies
—Attack smaller stacks of enemies
—Attack medium stacks too
—Hundreds of different units to attack
—Attack

System requirements: should be able to handle so much attack
>>
>>3475169
>No magic allowed
More like Yog version
>>
Just realized "Bracada" is an anagram of "Cadabra". Are there any other obvious anagrams/name origins in M&M7? What about Deyja/Tularean Forest?
>>
>>3475310
Dragonsand = sandy place full of dragons
>>
>>3475314
Umm yeah I meant slightly less obvious

So far I can't figure any of them. "Avlee" is an anagram of "leave". Not very nice
>>
>>3475317
Well you know elves, they hate when humans, orcs, goblins or ogres come to their forests to rape their womenfolk.
>>
>>3475324
"Tularean" is an anagram of "true anal". Hmm
>>
>>3475324
>>3475350
Actually, I think it sounds close to "nature/natural", and "Avlee" resembles "elves" a little.

Now to think what Nighon/Eofol mean
>>
>>3475310
kriegspire = war spire and is full of devils
really makes you think
>>
>>3475376
>>3475356
>>3475350
>>3475324
>>3475317
>>3475314
>>3475310

D E E P E S T L O R E
E
E
P
E
S
T
>>
>>3475376
so the devils are germans?
>>
>>3475380
Goblins look like mexicans and blacks.
What did JVC mean by this?
>>
>>3475384
in bootleg bay there are camps of black cannibals and dead white women impaled on spikes, really makes you think
>>
Can anyone recommend me a good map pack for HoMM 3? I have around 2000+ maps but only a few of them are well made. Most are very very sloppy
>>
File: archie.png (147KB, 640x479px)
archie.png
147KB, 640x479px
How is this as a starting army for the last mission of the evil campaign?
>>
>>3475939
Go to maps4heroes and acquaint yourself with any of these:
Sander's Folly
Unleashing the Bloodthirsty
Lord of War
The Empire of the World (2 is a good starter, but any from the 1-4 are good, some of them might require a light WOG installation or ERA though, for bonus assets; TEW2 should work straight from the box though]
2 Friends (for co-op play)
Eternal Love campaign
A Wizard's Tale
Vengeance is Mine
To Kill for Power
The Lone Knight
Fall and Rise of the Sharai [great for Fortress fans]

I'm not listing any maps that require near-autistic micromanagement (like Wayfarer). Most of the above are narrative/RPG maps where you have a single hero and focus on his development and story, but they definitely encourage developing some other heroes (Intelligence or Logistics hero will be very welcome) if you can handle that.

And also, the maps in-built with HoMM3, if you haven't played them yet, can be pretty good. Definitely try A Viking Shall We Go and Myth and Legend.
>>
>>3474863
Solo sorcerer in M&M6.
And yes.
>>
What do you guys think of Warriors of Might and Magic and Crusaders of Might and Magic?
>>
>>3475356
>Nighon
Because it's near. Nigh.
>Eofol
Evil.
>>
>>3476229

Eofol kinda sounds like Awful

Nighon sound like Night On
>>
>>3475960
That's right about what you should have. Archibald's last scenario is harder than Roland's and that army size is exactly why you should always do the army instead of the artifact.
>>
>>3475960
>Archibald the Warlock
I thought he was a necro? Also, its a shame he never showed up in HoMM3, I never played HoMM2, but seen him a lot in MM6&7
>>
File: ISHYGDDT.jpg (45KB, 311x325px)
ISHYGDDT.jpg
45KB, 311x325px
>>3475960
>Choosing the tax lien
>>
>>3476229
> Because it's near. Nigh.
Well it's not very "nigh" really. Especially considered you can only get there through a tunnel
>>
File: pictures of sandro.jpg (48KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
pictures of sandro.jpg
48KB, 400x300px
>>3475218
>this post
I'm so proud
>>
>>3476478
OC WIP donutsteal

I need your suggestions how can I replace Geroge's arms
>>
>>3475218
>>3476478
>>3476539
is crag hack supposed to be a parody of randy savage or something?
>>
>>3476421
Warlocks can learn necromancy. Sandro also started off as a Warlock in HoMM1 (though it's not a stretch to assume that his new role from HoMM2 onwards is a small retcon).
>>
File: Ahnie.jpg (616KB, 1782x2745px) Image search: [Google]
Ahnie.jpg
616KB, 1782x2745px
>>3476539
First thought that comes to mind is replacing his arms with Ahnie's.
Pick related isn't too bad.
>>
File: Offensive.png (284KB, 672x586px) Image search: [Google]
Offensive.png
284KB, 672x586px
>>3475218
I love Crag Hack.
>>
>>3476705

>expert offence instead of a spell book

Now we're getting creative
>>
I have two questions:

Whats a good HoMM game for a total noob to get into?

Where do you guys get these games from?
>>
>>3476831
HoMM3
read the pastebin for links
>>
>>3476831
>>3476836
and someone else less lazier than me has posts saved about how to start out with HoMM3, like tactics and how you should build your towns and manage heroes
>>
>>3476705
Couldn't he just have 2 swords instead of a shield?
>>
File: HoMM3 skills guide v4.jpg (107KB, 656x1209px) Image search: [Google]
HoMM3 skills guide v4.jpg
107KB, 656x1209px
>>3476847
General advice:
—Always get several heroes for scouting to grab resources, mark mines and explore. Give them fast units.

—Don't sit at your castle while you wait lvl 7s. Every faction has good units for early expansion:
* Castle—Marksmen
* Rampart—Grand Elves
* Tower—Master Gremlins
* Necropolis—Vampire Lords
Google the rest if you're interested.

—Use 1 or more as your main and bring him all the experience. Pick the one with the best specialty.

—Plan your build-up. Mark sawmills and ore mines ASAP (and I mean it). Build as many dwellings as you can afford on week 1 and preferably end it with building Castle to maximize your number of units.

—Forget about war machines, for beginner and intermediate players they're not worth it.

—Try to get lvl 6 and 7s units ASAP for most factions. Grab all of them and go fighting.

—Level up your main hero whenever you can and always grab better artifacts to maximize damage. See picrelated on quick cheat sheet for best skills.

—Damage spells are ok in the beginning, late in the game they are usually not worth it (except for Armageddon and less so Implosion).

—Get yourself some Earth/Air magic skill for speed spells (Slow/Haste). They are some of the most important spells in the game on mass level

—For best results, always try and get the following spells:
Lvl 2: Blind
Lvl 3: Teleport
Lvl 4: Resurrection, Town Portal (they need Advanced Earth skill to be most useful), Armageddon, Clone, Berserk
Lvl 5: Implosion, Fly, Dimension Door.
>>
>>3477213
Pathfinding should move up to great, but more specific. If you have any swamp or snow anywhere on the entire map, the skill is worth it.
>>
>>3477274
I have discussed this in some previous thread, but I'll state my points again anyway.

The first major problem with Pathfinding is that it does absolutely nothing on normal terrain. It only does ANYTHING at all for rough (native Stronghold type of terrain), snow (Tower), sand (neutral, penalty can be avoided with Nomads in your army) and swamp (Fortress). For rough, the penalty is 25%, which isn't really such a big deal.

The second problem is, you can't plan ahead unless you know the map. Few scenarios really pressure you to traverse swamp/deserts/snow with a lot with non-native units. If they do, of course getting Pathfinding might be very desirable.

Otherwise, you might wind up with a skill that's as useful as Navigation in a desert.
>>
>>3476607
>>3476539
Version 2
>>
>>3477493
Against players I would tend to agree. Against AI I strongly disagree. They will come at you from every angle. Unless you can hunt down the weaker heroes you will lose city after city to weaker heroes on anything other than small maps. There will virtually always be a fortress or tower city.
>>
>>3477493
Lava and Subterranean is the same as dirt and grass? Always thought there was a penalty associated with them.
>>
>>3477497
Just needs some cleaning up and you have a fine image.
>>
>>3477517
Do as you wish. If it works for you then fine.

I try to avoid getting surrounded "from all sides", see >>3462931 . Personally, I feel I have much better things to fill a skill slot. Especially since I like playing Tower and Fortress sometimes.
>>
>>3477526
Yep. I was also surprised there was no penalty associated with them. But then again, most scenarios have underground, so if it had a penalty, that'd be quite bothersome.

Snow and swamp are harder to traverse in real life. Underground is basically paved tunnels.
>>
File: costanza crag hack 3.jpg (55KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
costanza crag hack 3.jpg
55KB, 600x450px
>>3477529
Is this enough? It's kinda hard to clean the image

All I have is the original SoD Crag Hack background in small res
>>
File: HeroCragHackIII-2.jpg (5KB, 58x64px) Image search: [Google]
HeroCragHackIII-2.jpg
5KB, 58x64px
Speaking of which: I never really understood where Crag Hack's mouth is in his Heroes 3 picture
>>
Trying to make a definitive Crag Hack party
>>
>>3477924
>Crack Hag
rip sides
>>
>>3477924
Should probably have more accuracy and speed.

>Crack Hag
>>
>>3477924
Doesn't Crag Hack himself show up in MM7?
>>
>Found a very detailed map.
>It also has good story and progression
>The placements of objects and quests make you feel like you are in a real RPG game
>It's riddled with OP enemies that are free to move around in an attempt to simulate end game boss!
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>3477835
I always think he is looking up in that portrait so his eyes are covered by the shade of the helmet and his mouth is in the center of the pic covered by his beard
>>
>>3478086
He does, as he's part of the default MM3 party, which shows up for MM7
>>
>>3478353
There are too many Crag Hacks. There's one in MM1, but then there's one in MM3, where he would not have a chance of appearing, and then how do you explain his appearance in HoMM1 and 2? Did he crash, go to Enroth (with Kastore, I assume, to fight along Archibald) then return to Erathia for MM7?

I mean, its kinda autistic to be looking for those things, seeing as how HoMM character rosters seem like a Smash Bros kinda deal of MM characters, but still.
>>
File: jvc-logo.jpg (84KB, 2867x1100px) Image search: [Google]
jvc-logo.jpg
84KB, 2867x1100px
>>3478591
The simple explanation is that he was JVC's favorite character in D&D.

> "Crag Hack" was one of my most played paper AD&D characters. He was a LVL 16 Human Neutral Fighter, 18/00 strength, used 2 one handed swords, acquired Psionics and among other things one of his hands was replaced with the "Hand of Vecna"... it’s a long story. : )

So I guess that's why he put Crag Hack everywhere, without much concern for the plot. AFAIK, you're correct: there was no real justification of him being in MM3 or Heroes I–II (at least). Unless there's another NWC explanation for it, like "something something robots, ancients, nacelles and stuff".
>>
File: EarlyCragH3.png (93KB, 250x332px)
EarlyCragH3.png
93KB, 250x332px
>>3478190
In early Heroes 3 artwork Crag Hack looks kinda weird. He has no beard too.
>>
File: Unknown-3.jpg (111KB, 600x600px)
Unknown-3.jpg
111KB, 600x600px
Creature Quest marketing team knows no better ways to promote a game than post cringeworthy puns on social media.

It's actually sad. You know, on the surface the game has too much trend wagon-hopping bullshit, like round-eyed kittens, pugs (god, kill all pugs please), and overall looks like Chinese IAP-driven puzzle game clone. But stronger later creatures look actually interesting and really evoke that authentic M&M feel, with its blend of art direction, lore and atmosphere.

I haven't played it yet, but if it comes out on Android, I'd give it a go. JVC sounded serious about the game's mechanics
>>
>>3474424
Just found out that there's some sci-fi shit going on in M&M6 and 7

Reactor cores, lasers, spaceships, space stations, literally what da fuq
>>
>>3477825
Pure art
>>
File: 1468657044776.png (584KB, 960x800px) Image search: [Google]
1468657044776.png
584KB, 960x800px
>>3478726
Welcome to Might and Magic friend
>>
Playing World of Xeen, but can't figure out where to buy the light spell? The hex shop in the first town doesn't have it for either my sorcerer or cleric.

Is there another way to light dungeons?
>>
>>3478591
He's in M&MX (the new one) as well, and that takes place who knows the fuck where.
>>
>>3478862
It should be in the first town. Try going through the portal to the dark side and check the town there?
>>
>>3478871
Nope, they don't have it either. Even signed my paladin up for the guild as well and neither magic shop has it for sorcerer, cleric or paladin
>>
File: spells.png (45KB, 1149x572px)
spells.png
45KB, 1149x572px
>>3478881
Am i boned?
>>
>>3478905
Check the shops for a light gem
>>
>>3478909
No such luck, but one of my characters has a Jewel of light and a Whistle of light. Not sure where I found those, but I'll take it.
>>
>>3478946
Close enough
>>
>>3478685
When i looked at that goblin's nose, by dick involuntary twitched.
Oh god, what have I become...
>>
Why Might and Magic 4 and 5 are the same game?
>>
>>3479280
Because it's the CD version that combines the two games into one.
>>
Ho, I got it.
It's the Serious Sam of RPG.
>>
>>3479401
>M&M 2016: Euro Simulator
>>
>>3479401
Fireballs nigga.
>>
>>3479401
fire magic has some pretty good AoE spells
>>
I LOVE YOU ALEX
>>
>>3479629
god fucking dammit
/tv/ is the worst board
>>
god I hate /tv/ so much

she won't respond you dumb fucks
>>
>>3479635
>>3479632
>>3479629
give context
>>
>>3478862
Your casters already know it. It's a default spell for all casters.
>>
File: Kill Yourself.png (562KB, 751x418px) Image search: [Google]
Kill Yourself.png
562KB, 751x418px
>>3478726
People like you are the reason we don't have a Forge faction.
>>
>>3479753
No need to get butthurt at his post anon. It's supposed to be a twist in most MM games anyways.
>>
>>3479753
The autism is strong with this faggot.
>>
File: comfy.gif (342KB, 666x386px)
comfy.gif
342KB, 666x386px
>mfw the comfy seasons are coming
Lower temperatures increase the enjoyment of HoMM
>>
>>3479280
They were released and sold separately. It was a huge deal combining two full games and even having content that requires both games to complete (if you play only Darkside you start at level 5).

Later on they just started releasing them as one item called World of Xeen on CD and later created a package deal called Trilogy of Xeen (included MM3/Swords of Xeen).
>>
You know, the whole story with the Forge is a bit weird: it was the BAD ending of MM7 that brought the creation of Heavenly Forge. And AFAIK, the good and bad endings were mutually exclusive.

Aren't good endings usually supposed to be canonical?
>>
>>3479920
Well I think it's more, what do you do now that the ancients have been contacted? As it is they basically scrapped the contact with the other Corak and it only applies to the characters in the game rather than "bringing the fruits of the ancients" back to Enroth and Antagarich.
>>
>>3479932
But wait—in the ending, there's a dialog between the party and Corak:

—Which one of them (gates) leads to the Ancients?
—None of them, I'm afraid. When the Kreegan infiltrated the Gate Web 900 years ago, the entire Spinward Rim was cut off from the rest of the system.
(…)
—The gates connect to other worlds seeded by the Ancients long ago. They all fell into barbarism during the war.

So, they couldn't contact the Ancients anyway. It didn't put an end to the plot at all. They basically got access to other similar nacelles. Maybe they could go back to Xeen through it or wherever else, but certainly not to the Ancients.
>>
File: Win.jpg (30KB, 462x124px) Image search: [Google]
Win.jpg
30KB, 462x124px
>>3479964
Yes, that's right. I was remembering the win screen/certificate. They could have eventually found something, but the world blew up before then.
>>
Is there actual magic at play or is it all alien technology?
>>
>>3480021
There's something resembling magic in the elemental planes themselves, but outside of them it's all technology created to suppress the elementals. The MM2 manual goes over this if I remember correctly.
>>
>>3480028
I see, 6 is the only I had and I never finished it, so thanks for clearing it up for me man.
>>
>>3480003
Even the trees in Tularean forest spread this rumor. But Corak himself stated otherwise. Anyway, it's only implied that it MIGHT be possible to find Ancients, sometime in the future, maybe.
>>
File: Auckland_Yellow_pages.jpg (210KB, 1200x644px) Image search: [Google]
Auckland_Yellow_pages.jpg
210KB, 1200x644px
Finding hirelings/teachers in M&M in a nutshell
>>
File: nosnow.jpg (25KB, 500x344px) Image search: [Google]
nosnow.jpg
25KB, 500x344px
>>3479784
>mfw moved from Moscow to Texas
>>
>>3480162
Winter rain is better than snow anyways
t. Utahn who moved to Washington
>>
>>3480162
Oh anon, aren't you going to miss Russian winter? Cleaning the car from several inches of snow every day? Getting it to start? Having ice rinks for pavement? Icicles hanging from roofs, ready to fall on parked cars and pedestrians underneath?

Nothing is going to bring it back, anon. Let it sink in for a minute. Isn't it time for you to go home? With love, your KGB.
>>
>>3480226
Stop it, you are breaking my heart.
>>
>>3480120
When I learned that reloading the game/leaving the area changes hirelings that made my life so much easier.
>>
Aw yiss, a thread for my favorite TBS game.

Anyone ever seen 'economic' maps for HoMM3?
Anyone here would even like to play one?
>>
>>3481165
I would. Comfy base building is a thing I really like,
>>
>>3481268
Well, my idea for map i am trying to create now is that you need to 'build' (quest guards n' shit) various structures on map to get access to them.
Like, initially you don't even have way to your initial town, but after paying (((moderate))) sums you can flag castle, lumber mills, ore pits, or more lavish structures as university ,Colosseum or crystal warehouses.
>>
>>3480991
I think more hirelings get added to the random pool as you explore places.
>>
File: shibe fortress.jpg (91KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
shibe fortress.jpg
91KB, 600x800px
TFW you have a weak garrison hero at a town and you pray for the buff enemy hero to not attack you
>>
File: !concern!.jpg (112KB, 784x708px) Image search: [Google]
!concern!.jpg
112KB, 784x708px
>>3482102
tfw you play necro town on map full to the brim with legions of elementas and you pray not to accidentally move the 34k stack of skeltals
>>
Hardest quest
>>
>>3482159
Joke of a promotion quest for a joke of a class.
>>
>>3482159
Rangers are awful though. At least you get the fairy ring for doing that quest.

>Those damn pipes
MUH FOOD
>>
>>3482162
Rangers may sound like shit, but in reality they're alright. The promotions are easy, they get GM axe and master bow, most importantly.
>>
>>3482184
Did you know GM axe is bugged?
>>
File: shibe safety hat.jpg (352KB, 1200x900px)
shibe safety hat.jpg
352KB, 1200x900px
>>3482124
TFW you're lvl 30 Tazar protecting from siege in a fully built Fortress town
>>
>>3482185
No, please do elaborate
>>
>>3482192
The armor class effect just doesn't work, similar to how haste doesn't actually work. Master bow and some crappy healing is all they really bring.
>>
>>3482201
Does the Grayface patch not fix this? I know it fixed the Haste bug.
>>
I'm trying to savescum for a Gate Master hireling in MM7, am I just exceptionally unlucky or do you need to progress in the story or have a certain level before you can start finding them? I hope I'm not wasting my time.
>>
>>3482213
I'm doing exactly that right now.

In this vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxPKyf3cCi8 at 3:42 mark, the player manages to grab Wind Master 3 minutes into the game. Don't know about Gate Master though.

So far my luck hasn't been better than yours… Several saves/loads, and I mostly got only Fools/Herbalists/Chimney Sweeps.
>>
>>3482235
Hah, that's the exact video I watched to get the idea, I had no idea you could abuse shops and hirelings prior to this video. I wonder if it could also be related to towns, maybe searching for Gate Masters in Harmondale just isn't possible.
>>
>>3482243
> I wonder if it could also be related to towns, maybe searching for Gate Masters in Harmondale just isn't possible.
If you have time you could try in Tularean forest. I'd like to maybe get these hirelings, but Celestial Heavens forum loads too slowly for me.
>>
File: fucking shame.png (6KB, 78x65px) Image search: [Google]
fucking shame.png
6KB, 78x65px
>>3482202
Looked through the list of changes, and from what I see he didn't. In the patch topic on Celestial Heavens, he was asked to do this though. 2 years ago.

>>3482201
Oh well… So much for behemoth-style AC reduction.
>>
>>3482213
Got him! Just saved/loaded in Tularean Forest.
>>
>>3478905
try a Druid/Ranger... this may be a nature spell actually.
>>
>>3482278
In MM7 there are two levels of hirelings (presumably so you can't get something like a Fallen Wizard on Emerald Isle). The basic ones are in Erathia and Harmondale. The full set are just about everywhere else with Tularean being the easiest to get to.
>>
Tried the pastebin link for MM8 and there is no music. All the mp3s are already in the Music folder, but I'm not getting anything.
>>
>>3482352
With the grayface patch?
>>
>>3482338
Ah, that explains it.

How I wish I had the cluebook…
>>
>>3482359
Yes, Greyface is already applied.
>>
>>3482338
What the hell is a fallen wizard?
>>
>>3482370
Temporary Hour of Power cast every day. I think it's 2 hours. Expensive as fuck, but can be useful if you need a boost.
>>
>>3482370
>>3482374
It's worth noting this hireling does not exist in MM6.
>>
>>3482352
check the mm8.ini file and see if there's PlayMP3=1 under the [Settings]
>>
>>3482525
That seems to have fixed it.

I get a couple "There is no disk in the drive" error popups any time I try to launch the game, but now the music is playing correctly.
>>
Tfw obsidian great axe in mm5
>>
File: shibe crag.jpg (26KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
shibe crag.jpg
26KB, 400x400px
M&M7: what do you suggest for Archers: Chain or Leather? Looks almost the same to me, aside for GM Chain ability (I hope it's not bugged like GM Axe).

With Leather, recovery is eliminated at Expert. With Chain, it's there until Master. Of course chainmail usually gives a bit more protection than leather… But isn't it basically the same with double AC bonus of Leather skill?

Pic unrelated
>>
>>3483235
I'd say go for chain, since archer's can GM it
>>
So far, my M&MVII RAAC run has been going pretty smoothly (thanks to abusing the dragon on the Emerald Isle… a little bit), but not that much different from my previous runs. Except I have to re-cast Wizard Eye and Torchlight every 5 minutes.

Perception is really nifty though, at least in the Dwarven Barrows. Also, getting Disarm Trap to expert ASAP was a good decision, again both skills cut the time needed for Barrows in half if not more.

Right now I've completed around 7 quests or so. I'm getting few levels to get my 3 shooters Master Bow. So I plan to go to Nighon pretty soon.
>>
>>3483257
Is 2/3 physical damage worth it though? Is it melee only of both missile/melee attacks?

I remember that in the end game, a lot of attacks are not physical. Of course there are pure might creatures like behemoths/minotaurs, but otherwise, there will be tons of elemental/dark damage from titans, dragons, hydras, necros and the like.

Still I guess it's better in the long run, just a bit annoyed I'd have to dump all my skill points into chain master right now to avoid penalty
>>
M&M7 Stone to Flesh potions are just weird: why they're black potions is beyond me. I think in my 3 runs, I've been stoned 3 times at most through the whole game.

Stone to Flesh is expert earth spell ffs. I see no reason why they shouldn't be layered or at least white potions.
>>
>>3483482
Probably a justification to take Druid in case you drop Cleric or Sorcerer, but god knows why you would do that, or use the Druid class in the first place.
>>
>>3483505
But Druid has expert earth magic already…

That's one of my biggest gripes with M&M7. I thought that alchemy came separately from magic. So that, you know, if you didn't have a sorcerer/cleric, you could make up for it with alchemy. But actually, it's only magic classes who can really do anything with it. Sorcerers and Druids are the only 2 classes who can get it to master level.

Thief and Cleric can learn it on expert. But for Clerics, half of the potions already double their spirit/mind/body spells. If you choose light path, the only potions with actual uses will be Harden Item, Recharge Item, and Water Breathing. The rest will basically double your existing abilities.

So in the end, you still need magic classes. You can't just get yourself tons of potions from shops/alchemy with KKKK party and heal most ailments, and that is kinda sad.
>>
File: a23.jpg (182KB, 720x960px)
a23.jpg
182KB, 720x960px
>>3479714

Z-list Actress Alex Daddario plays HoMM3 and lurks these threads.

/tv/ found this out (read: someone was dumb enough to tell /tv/) and autism ensued.
>>
>>3483663
Sounds like headcanon to me.
>>
File: wildcat.jpg (191KB, 736x600px) Image search: [Google]
wildcat.jpg
191KB, 736x600px
>>3477924
>Crack Hag

Unexpected kek.
>>
How can I get the Bow Skill in MM6 after the beginning?
>>
>>3483697
Have you tried weapon shops? Many of them have the skill for sale
>>
I was quite spooked when a healer "revived" my dead cleric. Warlocks are a bunch of morons, no wonder they lost the war
>>
>>3483721
My favorite ailment is "drunk" though. There are no obvious cures against it. The character appears to be feeling quite positive about it. When you heal him, he becomes grim as usual, making you wonder if you really did the right thing
>>
>>3483697
Castle Ironfist, the big square red house next to the stables.
>>
>>3483743
thanks
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOoeuFDEyTA

Welp.
>>
>>3483721
>quite spooked
If it weren't for the occasionally spooky status faces and monsters these games would be the comfiest RPGs on the planet.
>>
File: poorly hidden disgust.png (17KB, 80x99px) Image search: [Google]
poorly hidden disgust.png
17KB, 80x99px
>>3483808
>>
>>3483808
Because Heroes has always been a cartoon. Yep, sounds about right. Ubi gives the licenses to chinks make mobile shovelware now. No dignity
>>
>>3483808
Wait, I don't get it. What IS this shit?
>>
>>3483808
It looks like one of those browser MMO games you see in ad banners.

>CLICK HERE to join the fight against evil in the magic land of Enroth FOR FREE!
>Over one million players!
>>
>>3483840
That is Queen Catherine holding the Sword of Judgment for a few seconds, then it becomes one of those cheap Blizzard faux-comic video snippets.
>>
>>3483843
Yeah, I understood that, but what is the purpose? It's a trailer, but for what?
>>
>>3483841
>>3483851
> coming soon to MOBILE
Hot 2016 mobile quad core game free
Ho Lee Fuk Games with the assistance of Divine Swan Publishing
>>
>>3483851
>>3483853
So in other words, it's a trailer for a Chinese mobile game.

China seems to be buying rights to different old series in heaps. First SNK, now Heroes. Even JVC is funded by gooks
>>
>>3483859
Stupid chinks taking celebrated old IPs and raping them for their own gain. Can't wait until China crashes economically, just a matter of time.
>>
>>3483851
gook mobile shit
>>
>>3483868
I see the situation like this.

Many IPs which would eventually get big, like M&M, appeared when games were still made by teams under 50 people, or even less. They were made on cheap and with small companies.

Eventually, the companies that made them went belly up / were bought out. For example, Technos, SNK, and many others.

The talented staff they had went elsewhere. But they weren't exactly welcomed warmly to other places. Because in business, people think creators mean shit. They hate it when a creator wants to make things according to his vision, starts demanding things. They say, word for word, that they need IPs which they can make money from, made by the cheapest, most convenient workforce possible in shortest time. They complain YouTube channels "are too dependent on the host, and when they change the people, the audience goes away for some reason". That's how some of them actually think.

So, now we have a cohort of award-winning devs which are basically hobos in the industry. JVC, Iga, those guys from Rare making Yooka-Laylee, and now Kojima joins the club. Speaking of Kojima, every MGS he has been saying that he was sick of MGS and wanted to move on, but was basically in it for the money.

On the other side of the industry, we have workhorse devs working 25 hours a day, huge teams supervised by producers who believe in focus group testing makes good games, and 100$ million budgets on marketing alone, making the "triple A" games with $60 price tags and $150 worth of DLC for each.

No wonder Ubi couldn't make good Heroes game without JVC. So I assume, suddenly it became apparent to them that they couldn't turn HoMM into AAA PC strategy, and they were left with some BBB or even CCC franchise on their hands, which they promptly decided to at least sell to gooks for a handful of yuan shekels.
>>
>>3483943
At least it can rot in China or wherever instead of jewbisoft muddying up the IP with shit attempts at a new game.
>>
>>3483954
SNK just made KoFXIV. But they also sold the rights to chinks for mobile games. They've already made their King of Fighters/Metal Slug shit-offs. Moreover: they're supposedly making TV series and a movie for Chinese TV.

So one doesn't hurt the other for jewbisoft I guess
>>
File: FortressNews.jpg (179KB, 1000x1000px)
FortressNews.jpg
179KB, 1000x1000px
>>3483954
>>3483970
Also, I guess it's only a license. The rights to the franchise still belong to a group of jews in France. They're still milking Heroes VII, look at this dwarf with a trendy undercut. Making expansions while there are still bugs not fixed in the original game and the multiplayer finally started working barely few months ago
>>
>>3482732
NO BRAKES

>>3483257
>>3483283
Definitely chain unless you get a really nice set of leather like the thief artifact.

>>3483721
Any "dark" aligned temple will do the same thing. If the city has night hours instead of day hours they zombify you. Presumably they are casting Reanimate on you instead of Divine Intervention.
>>
>>3483629
>So in the end, you still need magic classes. You can't just get yourself tons of potions from shops/alchemy with KKKK party and heal most ailments, and that is kinda sad.
Expert Healer hirelings if it really bothers you.

Honestly you can avoid most of the really nasty conditions with items "of the medusa" and "of freedom". You don't even need to find a full set because the plate artifact will cover both and the Temple of Baa cloak will cover both. Stupid crap like Insanity, Poison, and Disease can largely be ignored. You can still create potions of cure weakness even without any alchemy skill.

You still don't have any protection from Eradication and Instadeath but if you get in big trouble just Gate Master out and come back. That's the advantage of not having respawns.
>>
>>3483808
heh, someone made a thread about this on /v/
>>
File: Absolutely Disgusting List.png (75KB, 789x346px) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely Disgusting List.png
75KB, 789x346px
>>3483808
>>
>>3484051
The exception to this is the Blaster Guy, but there is a chest upstairs that have some scrolls specifically designed to help in this situation.
>>
>>3484051
>Expert Healer hirelings if it really bothers you.
Hm, I haven't thought about that. But he does that only once per day, and with only 2 slots for hirelings you won't have other useful ones.

> You still don't have any protection from Eradication and Instadeath but if you get in big trouble just Gate Master out and come back. That's the advantage of not having respawns.
Explain please, how does one really go through the Maze with KKKK? I realize that with 4 x knights one probably will cut through most things like butter; but getting instadeath every 5 minutes is what bothers me. Knights don't exactly shine with bows to keep red minotaurs away. Probably could be done with wands but still pretty hard.

You canof course warp out of it if , thankfully Nighon is close. But then you have to return back to where you left off. Since it's a literal labyrinth, this can get pretty tedious.

You can up your body resistance with potions. But you'd have to get four of them from shops for all party members. I guess with a lucky savescumming you could get that, but still this sounds pretty tedious.

Then again, if you warp, you will probably use gate master. Meaning, that's no more warping for the day. You can of course wait another day. But then your body resistance wears off.
>>
>>3480226
>Icicles hanging from roofs, ready to fall on parked cars and pedestrians underneath?
Piter dwelling pleb detected
>>
>>3484171
Because of the danger of instadeath, I went to Eeofol before I did The Maze and pick up Armsmaster GM when I ran KKKK. KKKK is an offensive team, so stack your offense. Your optimal option is of course Blasters, but 4x GM armsmaster will destroy anything.

Kite them against walls and try to isolate them. The other part of having 4 knights is you probably kill a minotaur lord in 2 rounds.

While it is a labyrinth, there are only a couple optional places that you run into Minotaurs (the hallway with the Minotaur Axe, and the big dead end room). All the other paths lead to hydra and warlocks which aren't going to be a problem.

Rest and heal as needed. Be careful of zombification if you use the temple in Nighon, although it isn't a real issue for Knights because you won't be resting inside. If you need to take a few days and portal to a different temple and back. Speed isn't the important thing when you aren't running a conventional comp.

>Body resistance
It really doesn't do enough to justify the effort. Pick up day of protection scrolls if it bothers you.
>>
I'm about to start playing MM6 since I played it as a kid and had no idea what I was doing back then. Are there any tips for my starting party, like what each skill does and whether they're ever important?
>>
>>3484209
I tried to remember why I found KKKK so easy, then I remembered:
WANDS
OF
PARALYZE

>>3484220
PACS (default) and PCSS (heavy caster) are good starter parties.
Paladins get every skill Knights do plus healing magic.

Clerics and Sorcerers cast Light/Dark magic which is the best in the game but very expensive.

As a rule the first thing you do is turn the letter into the tavern, take the stables to Castle Ironfist, turn the letter into Wilbur Humphrey (in the Castle), learn bow skill, buy bows, take the stables back to New Sorpigal, and begin from there.
>>
>>3484173
You guessed wrong bud, I live in the real capital
>>
>>3484220
For melee skills, you want to try to get sword first master so you can dual wield. Spear and Axe are nice main hand weapons.

For caster classes:
Druid: Mace/Dagger
Cleric: Mace/Shield
Sorcerer: Dagger/Dagger

For magic skills the important ones are:
Water (Portals and Enchantments) When you get master water the game becomes much easier. Get it as early as possible.
Air (Minimap Details, Flight, and huge Outdoor AoE)
Body (Healing and cure poison/disease)
Light (Buffing/Destroy Undead)
Dark (Raises Resistances/Offensive Burst)

Other Magic Schools:
Fire is ok for light, but in terms of damage output, water and air are much better. Expert is worth it for Torch Light alone, but it isn't your main focus.

Spirit has some nice melee buffing spells (Bless/Heroism) but later on these become irrlevant. Get expert at some point for Remove Curse. Has some major recovery spells, but if you die, just go to the temple.

Mind has some situational spells, but really isn't worth it. Get level 1 in it and then ignore it.

Earth is mostly trash aside from Stone to Flesh. Get level 1 in it and then ignore it.
Armor:
Just get the highest your class can use. Don't level these skills until you have learned master in your spell schools and weapons.

Knight/Paladin: Plate
Cleric/Archer: Chain
Druid/Sorcerer: Leather
Important Miscellaneous (You don't need more than 1 person to go up in any of these):
Merchant (better vendor prices)
Disarm Trap
Identify Item
Repair Item
Perception (this is a stupid skill but mid game one dungeon requires you to get expert to open its doors). Get it to expert when you have spare points, but ignore it after that.

Optional Miscellaneous (Everyone that wants these can go up in them):
Body Building (more hp)
Meditation (more sp)
Learning (more experience from kills). Learn basic as soon as possible (there is a bonus 10% for simply knowing the skill), but don't raise the skill unless you have spare points.
>>
>>3484307
>>3484236
So, I messed around with character creation, and ended up back at the default party setup after mulling it over, PACS. I don't actually know what to put my attribute points into, but I think I got the spell/skill set nice. Learning isn't on the character creation menu as far as I see except on the druid, and I don't see merchant on any of them, do I get them later on?
>>
>>3484325
You will learn all the skills in the first 3 cities other than light/dark.
>>
>>3484326
And Diplomacy, but fuck Diplomacy. It's useless.

>>3484325
Learning specifically is taught at the following spell guilds:
Fire
Air
Water
Earth

You will get it in Mist, but it isn't worth going out of your way to get. Just when you finish up New Sorpigal, take the boat to Mist and learn some nice spells and the learning skill.
>>
>>3484326
>>3484330
Alright, I think I only need to set attributes now. I can go into the red with some stats, is there a reason a knight would need int or personality? Is there some spread that will make me regret having ever spent points?
>>
>>3484338
Skills scale poorly after 21. You can also safely lower luck. There is a fountain in the first city with 8 charges that gives +2 luck permanently up to 15 and recharges every week or so.

No they don't, just like an Archer doesn't need Personality. I tend to get Endurance and relevant Int/Per to 21. Get might to 15 for someone so you can pick up the sword in the stone in the first city. Other than that just dump what's left in Accuracy.
>>
File: QuickParty.jpg (39KB, 635x143px) Image search: [Google]
QuickParty.jpg
39KB, 635x143px
>>3484346
>>3484338
I went ahead and created a party and this is what I normally use if I were running PACS. As long as your characters have enough hp and sp it really isn't all that important.
>>
File: I think this is good.png (306KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
I think this is good.png
306KB, 640x480px
Alright, it's been like what 19 years since I played as a kid I think? Let's hope pray for me anons, the heavens mandate it.
>>
>>3484356
>Knight
For what purpose?
>>
>>3484361
Oh, well, I thought since I had a sorcerer and cleric, and archers have some magic, I wouldn't need a paladin. Is knight a bad option?
>>
>>3484363
You can certainly do it, but everything a Paladin gets literally every skill a Knight does and gets healing magic on top of it. All you sacrifice are some extra hit points.

Having a backup healer is quite useful, although not mandatory. If you really want a knight go for it.
>>
>>3484370
That's backwards. I meant to say everything a Knight gets a Paladin also gets.
>>
>>3484370
Hmm, well, alright, and this shall be the last change I make before starting I think. Thanks for the help.
...how would a 4 knight group fare? Or 4 cleric? Just out of curiosity.
>>
>>3484373
KKKK is horrible. You lose out on healing/curing/portaling/enchantments/Flight/minimap details/light and your damage doesn't even scale. I've beaten with that comp once, and I have no desire to do it again.

CCCC would be annoying early game, but not really hard, and super easy once you got Dark Magic rolling. Just pick up hirelings for Fly and Town Portal.
>>
>>3484381
Ah, one last thing, I started with a crossbow but I don't see any arrows. Do I have an unlimited amount or am I gonna have to perform some arrow management?
>>
>>3484393
There is no arrow/quiver management in M&M games.
>>
>>3484393
Unlimited. Crossbows and Longbows both count toward bow skill.
>>
Alright, so I just went to the southwest part of town to some apple trees and suddenly a dozen or more goblins come out of nowhere. Everyone died. I think this is how things went down when I was a kid too.
>>
>>3484457
You agroed them. Cast Wizard Eye (it's Air Magic) and watch for the red blips. This is why I said to get bows as the first thing you do >>3484236. You can shoot them from a sage distance.
>>
>>3484464
>sage
safe
>>
>>3484464
Another group attacked me after reloading but I entered a turn based battle so things went better. I'll cast the eye from now on. Why can goblins just enter town?
>>
File: NO FUN ALLOWED.jpg (65KB, 425x450px) Image search: [Google]
NO FUN ALLOWED.jpg
65KB, 425x450px
>>3484474
The humans are pathetic in MM6 and were even run out of their own keep by the goblins.

Guards were implemented in MM7. A better lore answer is that all the guards got shipped off to fight the war and most of them died when Roland got captured.
>>
>>3484356
Why did you make Edwin a knight?
>>
>>3484474
Stay in turn based for most combat. Unless you need to move (for positioning/changing targets) there really isn't a reason to fight in real time.
>>
Is there a set of maps that looks "full" for Heroes 3? At least to the level of the original maps. All the custom ones I found looks empty and building are really far from each other.
>>
>>3484516

>>3476173 had a decent list
>>
Alright, it was suggested I teach everyone bows, but where do I do that?
>>
>>3484534
Castle ironfist has a bow trainer I think. There's a starting guide in the manual. Half the fun of MM is exploring and finding shit yourself.
>>
>>3483629
>I thought that alchemy came separately from magic
This is even worse in MM8, in that only the Necromancer can get GM Alchemy, GM Elemental, and Dark at all.

Come to think of it, I think there's a mod for MM7 that changes a lot of the classes' skills that I've been meaning to try but never had the chance to. Let's see if I can find it again.
>>
>>3484534
Castle Ironfist. Right by the stables in a row are 3 buildings: Berzerker's fury membership, Berzerker's fury (which teaches the skill along with others like repair, chain, and plate), and a bow shop.
>>
>>3484539
found it
http://www.jeffludwig.com/mm7/

Anyone ever tried this mod?
>>
>>3484547
No, but I've played his WoX and IoT mods. He generally knows what he is doing.
>>
>>3484550
What do his MM3-5 mods add?
>>
>>3484552
They increase monster spawns and respawns. Some of the class names are changed along with the types/names of weapons usable. "Boss" monsters were given huge buffs (Darzog is something like 140 hp in the main game and has 1500 in the mod).
>>
>>3484547
Wow, he's got a mod with fixes for Wizards and Warriors, I always wanted to try that game again but it was always a bitch to get working on modern computers.
>>
File: WoXMod.jpg (140KB, 642x480px) Image search: [Google]
WoXMod.jpg
140KB, 642x480px
>>3484552
>>3484556
>>3484556
I loaded up my last completed game, walked outside Vertigo and sure enough there are respawns. You can also see how much more hp a Breeder Slime has in the mod.
>>
>>3484547
I know this is extremely wishful thinking but does this change the fact that some stats will always be useless?

Also I LOVE YOU ALEX
>>
>>3476421
>I thought he was a necro?
Proper term is person of color
>>
I just wanted to mention for the person who claimed you couldn't toggle run in MM6 that grayface lets you set Capslocktogglerun=1 in the MM6.ini
>>
File: magyar.gif (12KB, 110x275px)
magyar.gif
12KB, 110x275px
I always wondered why those red sonjas in stormgard are called magyars
>>
File: 1472705595252.jpg (45KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1472705595252.jpg
45KB, 500x375px
>tfw haven't played HoMM3 in years
>Come back to it
>am shit at it
Fucks sake lads
>>
>>3484849
So hungarians can get representation in the game.
>>
File: dick whitman.jpg (27KB, 285x298px) Image search: [Google]
dick whitman.jpg
27KB, 285x298px
Why is the HoMM3 community bursting at the seams with fucking slavs?
I come from a slav country and literally everyone who played games back in the day knew, played and discussed HoMM3 quite frequently. CS1.6 and Dota 1 were the most popular games in computer clubs but everyone knew HoMM3 regardless.

It's baffling how well entrenched this game is in slavic gaming culture.
>>
>>3485102
Not a slav but from what the slavs I asked this question told me its because homm3 was one of the first big PC games ever localized for them and it was dirt cheap or easy to pirate.
>>
>>3485107
That's true for Russia, but it was (is) fairly popular in ex-Yugoslavia as well, for example.
>>
>>3485102
I wrote about it before so I'll give a recap.

To begin with, Heroes III was one of the first really big PC games which got officially translated and published in Russia. To you, this will probably sound underwhelming, but trust me on this one: in a piracy-riddled Russian software market of the early 2000s, where most games were localized using auto-translate, and the official publishers (who had official distribution in chain stores) mostly licensed cheap and shitty titles, it meant a heck of a lot. This is also the big reason for Russians' familiarity with Fallout 2, for example—I heard it actually got a great translation. From pirates.

The hype the game got from VG mags here was also insane. 10/10 reviews, special issues covering the whole game (pretty much whole guidebooks), I think even before the localization (but I might be wrong here). Since PC has always been the biggest platform in Russia, with the only distant competition being the first Playstation, you can see it was a huge deal.

Then, due to the low system requirements, Heroes III turned into a staple game to play on less powerful PCs. It's become close to solitaire in its status of go-to pastime made for office/budget grade computers. For example, one of my friends once had to lay at a hospital for several days and all he had was a netbook. Guess what game he played. Heroes III had eventually become a meme of sorts. It was referenced occasionally on the Russian version of bash.org, back when it was still a thing.

And now there's heroes.tv, a whole site with heroes matches streaming and Twitch-style donations, and plenty Russian online communities with tournaments, modding and game discussion. So I guess some people do it for the money.
>>
File: knight sprite sheet.png (130KB, 1981x280px) Image search: [Google]
knight sprite sheet.png
130KB, 1981x280px
>>3484849

Speaking of sprites—does anyone know how to edit this kind of a sprite sheet? Master of the sword in MM7 that has 3 different colors (and you can see them to the left, given for reference). But the actual animations are all given in magenta color (to the right), to save space form duplicates.

How am I supposed to restore the real colors? I tried using "rotate color" in Gimp, it was more or less OK but made colors much brighter.

I'd make a ton of cool animations if it wasn't for that retarded magenta color.
>>
>>3485193
I'm impressed the game has endured so long over there for almost 2 decades now, westerners excepting whoever regularly posts here have long since moved on from the Heroes games, doesn't help that Ubisoft more or less killed it as well.
>>
>>3485203
Since PC is by far the biggest gaming platform here, it's not unexpected. Also, since Russians are budget-minded, the said PCs don't usually have the highest performance. The West has largely moved on to consoles for shooters and everything else. But Russians always stayed. In Russia, 99% of gamers don't even know what Halo is.

Look at other Russian meme games—they are alive too. Look at CS:GO, people abroad are surprised there are so many Russians in it, when "contra" was what every middle school kid played at computer clubs for years. It was perhaps the biggest game in Russia at the time, far bigger than Heroes, rivaled only by FIFA because football. Starcraft was huge too.
>>
>>3485202
Change it to an indexed sprite and replace all the magenta shades with ones you want.

... Just like we already told you.
>>
>>3484539
It makes sense lore-wise, since sorcerers/mages are usually the ones to fiddle with potions. But damn it's just annoying, especially since you need 4x potions to cover the whole party and the shops only have few items at random.

>>3484706
IMO it's for the better. I hate stat boosting in other RPGs. In M&M7 you can easily get them over certain level with altars/barrels, but it's not that important. It's more skill-centered and so you have greater and more precise control over your development, not just "level up might if you want more damage" type of shit.
>>
>>3485238
This is going to be incredibly tedious. This is my colormap now.
>>
File: corruption intensifies.jpg (39KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
corruption intensifies.jpg
39KB, 500x281px
>>3483808
Yes
Homm III in Blizzardesque shit
There is no sanctity in this world

Finally my life is completete
>>
>>3485203

Later Homm games were practically pandering to the slav demographic. Homm7 has a shit ton of Russian names for main characters. Homm 3 has Catherin as a main protagonist which parallels Ekaterina the great of Russia.
>>
>>3485650
why do slaves have to ruin everything
>>
>>3485650
HoMM6 too.
Russians are probably the last group of people who actually bother with Ubisoft baloney.

To be honest, HoMM3 is just a helluva big package of replayability. And now since Ruskies love this game, they produce fanmade content. Fanmade content attracts more people, mainly from lands where game got status of timeless classic, and the circle rolls again.
>>
File: slave meme.png (34KB, 1904x861px)
slave meme.png
34KB, 1904x861px
>>3485659
>>
>>3485690
t. 1/4th cherokee 1/4th negro 1/4th beaner 1/4th british amerifat
>>
>>3485650
>Homm 3 has Catherin as a main protagonist which parallels Ekaterina the great of Russia.
Sounds like bullshit.
>>
>>3483808
>Shitty ubishaft designs
>Ubishaft music
>Ubishaft probably raping lore as well

The only good thing from this is that it will probably be china only
>>
>>3485690
i think your auto-correct is cucking you. pay attention to that shit when using a mobile device.
>>
File: SkPzj9Y.jpg.png (633KB, 700x1050px) Image search: [Google]
SkPzj9Y.jpg.png
633KB, 700x1050px
>>3485692
>>3485714
>>
>>3485684
>>3485659
Slavs? Thank UbiShit for this. I doubt anyone in Russia even needed Russian names in the lore.

Moreover, I just don't know what UbiSoft expected with all that pandering. Russians are poor and buy games very hesitantly. Most games cost ~10$ here and are sold in jewel boxes. Moreover, we have one of the biggest torrent trackers on the web, Rutracker. A lawsuit against them only made them change their name. They seriously try to make profit here?
>>
>>3485726
>They seriously try to make profit here?
It's Ubisoft.
They are retards trying to leech off any big name they bought from competent gamedevs
>>
>>3485726
>Rutracker
Jesus I love that site
>>
>>3485729
I really, really doubt their game producing practices. The market they're making it for is poor as fuck. PC is riddled with piracy even in the West—imagine how it is in Russia. And our Internet connection is cheap and fast (seriously, I pay ~8 bucks a month for 60mbps or so and could get even better, but I don't bother).

Moreover: Heroes 6 literally bankrupted a dev, who made it knowing they didn't even have enough money. And Ubisoft's answer? "You asked for it and you received it! The long awaited Heroes™ VII arrives!"

Seriously, I'm starting to wonder why they keep making them. It's like with the new Fantastic 4 and Spiderman movies where Sony made them just not to lose the license.
>>
>>3485736
Brought to you by Russian copyright law.

It's ironic really. They used to be called torrents.ru. They got sued and """closed""". They only changed the domain name. The design etc. were left untouched.

Ffs, I don't know how UbiSoft manages to return investement, when we have free music streaming sites like Yandex, free movie streaming sites like Ivi. For fucks' sake: Vkontakte (Russian Facebook clone which most Russians use) has had free pirated music/movie streaming for eternity now.
>>
To be fair M&MX was pretty good, if rather short.
>>
>>3485767
All 3 people who played it liked it
>>
>>3485770
I liked it and my brother liked it.
The last guy I dunno about.
>>
>>3485772
The dev, obviously
>>
>Youtuber ends the game under 4 months 1v7 at 200% difficulty
>I struggle to end at 5 months FFA at 80% difficulty
How to git gud?
>>
>>3485887
See >>3477213
>>
>>3485767
>Good
It was ok, and had some neat tile action, fights, and exploration.

The story was shit and the skills weren't balanced largely because the skill point system was awful.
>>
>>3485767
>Arbitrary progression blocks preventing you from exploring
>A grand total of 4 towns, and one is blocked off for a large part of the game
>Game rains down relics on your party, most of which you'll never use
>No Town Portal
>"I'm sure the locals will have work for us. Really, it's like they've been waiting their whole life yada yada" every fucking time you enter a town
>No Fly
>Party members don't get experience if they end the fight with temporary conditions like stun or paralyze, even for quests
>Tanks get actual tank spells (first time ever in M&M?). 90% of everything are immune to said spells
>You cannot flee from battle, even while outdoors

It's fun, but it's got some serious issues.
>>
>>3487304
There was a town portal. It took prismatic master.
>>
>>3487337
There's a pseudo Lloyd's Beacon, but no TP.
>>
File: bECwSiv.gif (355KB, 1280x720px)
bECwSiv.gif
355KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>3487405
Looks like a Roc
>>
>>3487405
I swear to god if it's some custom WoG shit and not a Roc I'm gonna flip a baby
>>
>>3487405
could be a bone dragon?
>>
File: might and magicpng.jpg (249KB, 1032x670px) Image search: [Google]
might and magicpng.jpg
249KB, 1032x670px
I've just bought the whole Might & Magic series (except X ) from the ubisoft sales on GoG. I'm a huge fan of the HoMM series but actually never touched the RPGs. Which one should I start with?
>>
>>3487624
>he bought IX
You'd better get a refund, and it depends, most people start with 6 if they want to play free roam or they start with 3 if they want to play grid based.
>>
>>3487624
If you're an experienced dungeon crawler purist and like tactics: Start with 1-2, they have tactical combat that the latter games eschewed in favor of smooth exploration
If you like grid-based colourful cheesy fun: start with 3 or WoX
If you like free roam and flying around: 6-7-8
Ignore like a wildfire: 9, even the patches can't salvage this garbage

Swords of Xeen is also not worth playing
>>
>>3487624
>I'm a huge fan of the HoMM series
To be quite honest, then, you should go with 6-7-8. MM3-4-5's biggest connection to HoMM is that all the important characters from MM (like default party and some NPCs) are turned into heroes from 1 and 2, with familiar portraits. They made HoMM after MM5 and roster-wise it seems like they were going for a Super Smash Bros: M&M Edition kinda thing. There are some hints in the lore and manual, like Lord Ironfist from MM1 appearing in HoMM1 and claiming to have come from "Varnal Islands" (i.e. VARN) through a portal, but those are small. The biggest ties are from HoMM2 to MM6 and HoMM3 to MM7.
>>
>>3487624
The grid based ones are fun
>>
>>3487405
Fangarm?
Either that, Roc, or some other Russian imaginary friend
>>
>>3487624
Someone interested in connections from HoMM should probably start at 6 because the earlier games had a different storyline focused around the anicents.

3-5 are great games, but don't really have a connection to the HoMM. If you want the full experience in the series you can start at 3 safely as well. Since they don't really have a connection to HoMM you can go to 3 after you have finished 8 as well.

1-2 are way too grindy for most people. If you want random encounters of 200+, with full respawns anytime you leave an area, and where you can't save the game outside of cities you can consider it but they really didn't age well.

9 doesn't exist. It was so buggy the fan community (TELP) had to release patches to make the game even remotely playable. It has some vague references to HoMM4, but just isn't a good game.
>>
>MM6
>Can't find a portal follower before I make it to 12 water
>Find one immediately after
>>
File: HYłu.png (142KB, 1002x77px) Image search: [Google]
HYłu.png
142KB, 1002x77px
Anyone ever managed to conquer that retarded Tower town where the AI just stockpiles Titans?
>>
>>3488771
Here I am answering my own question:
I should not have been stockpiling Minotaurs with two Portals of Summoning but immediately rushed the Tower.

Either that, or only ever flagged the Angel dwelling for 3 Angels per week... but only collected by a single hero.

Should have probably rushed and hoped for Blind in either Mage Guild.
>>
>>3488780
>Blind
>Against Titans
>>
>>3488803
>>3488803
And his shitloads of Arch-Magi, and full Tower and Castle armies I have to tackle...
>>
File: horseshoe.jpg (139KB, 870x722px) Image search: [Google]
horseshoe.jpg
139KB, 870x722px
>>
>>3489038
>they respawn
Absolute balance madmen at NWC
>>
>>3487629
>>3487649
>>3487661
>>3487693
>>3487756
I think I'm going to start with MM6 then. Thanks for the replies.
>>
>>3489459
6 n 7 are great in my opinion, but definitely don't miss 4+5/ world of xeen if you're even slightly interested
>>
>>3475218
Where did that meme came from.
>>
>>3489783
Nowhere. I made it, but it's kinda obvious. Everything about Stronghold screams "attack". And Crag Hack is like, "I heard you like attack so we put offense in your attack so that you attack while you attack". Also, in Hack And Slash (SoD campaign), Crag appears a bit dim and arrogant. All of this makes for some jokes
>>
>>3480184
this, also in PNW, once the rain starts it dont stop, very comfy
>>
>MM8 Bounty Hunter Quest
Why yes, I would like 1.2 million experience.
>>
In MM6, how do you know if you've been magically aged or not?
>>
>>3490554
Character stats will show magic age/normal age above level in the top right. Now that I notice it has level/level but I never encountered any monster or ailment that permanently lowered your level.
>>
File: choose.png (17KB, 148x187px) Image search: [Google]
choose.png
17KB, 148x187px
Choose meat for supper!
>>
>>3490565
There are places that can raise your level temporarily, such as the +30 levels well in Kriegspire right by the training hall.
>>
>>3490565
Oh cool, I have a normal age too... wait... Is it possible to play the game long enough you just die from aging?
>>
File: 2.png (17KB, 290x368px)
2.png
17KB, 290x368px
>>3490592
i dig this meme
>>
>>3490646
I can't remember if you die but I know once you reach the 50's you start getting penalties to might and speed
>>
>>3490646
In no MM game is aging a problem that will completely ruin your asshole. There are ways to get yourself back to the proper age.

Natural aging will never kill you. Maybe in MM3 it could if you click too many crystals.
>>
>>3490646
Pretty sure it's not implemented in MM6, but in WoX you could kill yourself from magical aging if you were human and went over 125ish.
>>
>>3490554
Magical age has green instead of white digits.
>>
would an all elemental magic run of MM6 screw me over in the end? it has been years since I played 6 but the only place I remember REALLY needing light/dark was Castle Darkmoor. I remembered almost nothing was effective against those eyes except Dragon's Breath.

Thinking about a PADD, with one Druid specializing in water/body and the other air/spirit. Both would focus on fire for direct damage and dual wield daggers. Have the paladin supplement with the essential status elimination spells, and for the archer maybe have him specialize in Earth for fun, since it is supposedly crap I never used it before above expert.

Also was dual weilding broken in the non-Grayface patched MM6? I remembered using sword/spear just fine but I remember a while back someone had a writeup that it didn't work as it was supposed to.
>>
>>3491623
Yes it's been done before with SSSS and all skills b& aside from fire/air/water/earth.

You can just ignore them and run through all the eyes without much problem aside from the last room. Use Rock Blast if you get stuck at a place you were going to use dragon breath. The problem with the eyes is that they are flying. Having to single target things down from ranged is not fun, but every school has a spell that will do it (slowly).

>>3491623
Yes there's a bug with +hit. It's minor and can be ignored.
>>
>>3491747
Now that I think about it, the best way to handle them is master bow. I always forget that everyone gets it in MM6.

Also, if you can manage to find a carnage bow most of the game will be trivial.
>>
>>3490656
MM2 has some trapped spaces that burn a full year if you walk on them. If you reach year 1000 (you start in 900) the world ends and you lose.
>>
In MM6, will bows become obsolete when I get blasters? Will putting points into melee weapons on my non-paladin characters be worthless when I get blasters? Is having a weapon skill worth it at all for a dark caster besides maybe expert dagger to dual wield two of them?
>>
M&M7 plot question: I'm kinda confused by the war for Harmondale. Why did it go for so long when Bracada's judge could stop it so easily? It's literally child story-grade resolution, all it took was to divide Harmondale in half. The cutscene after shows Catherine and king what's-his-name say: "duh, how could we have been that dumb". Honestly, it's like both rulers were dumb in the head, or at least were controlled by some force. To think that the war lasted for years and years.

Also, speaking of the war arbiter/judge, what does this title mean—did it exist IRL? Who appointed Judge Grey, why was his position even created in the dispute, and isn't it kinda weird the arbiter resided in Harmondale? I googled it out of curiosity, but all I found was vidya and more vidya.
>>
>>3492538
You know blasters only come very late into the game right? If I recall once you have access to the blasters you're already one quest away from the end.
>>
>>3492564
Yes, but it's the very last quest in the game before you go to the final dungeon.

Will putting points into melee weapons on my non-paladin characters be worthless when I get blasters?
No

>Is having a weapon skill worth it at all for a dark caster besides maybe expert dagger to dual wield two of them?
Druids can get mace/dagger, so get them expert dagger as well. Other than that, the skills are basically useless. Master mace and dagger skills are low chance procs that aren't really worth it.

>>3492539
>Why did it go for so long when Bracada's judge could stop it so easily?
It's a fucking race war. Neither side was thinking straight, plus both sides had their own egos to deal with and hundreds of years of territorial claims. Judge Grey seems to have mostly given up on the two sides and was waiting for an external death before he could fix things (unfortunately for him it was is death). He had hoped the artifact would make both sides realize the war was a waste of time but it didn't.

>Who appointed Judge Grey, why was his position even created in the dispute, and isn't it kinda weird the arbiter resided in Harmondale?
It wasn't mentioned who appointed him. Harmondale is a logical place exactly because both kingdoms had been claiming the place for centuries. Read the History tab (it's the rightmost book on the main screen). It will fill in as you complete different essential quests.
>>
>>3492594
>He had hoped the artifact would make both sides realize the war was a waste of time but it didn't.
Sorry, which artifact, I didn't get this

> Read the History tab (it's the rightmost book on the main screen). It will fill in as you complete different essential quests.
I did try to read it. Mostly, it was variations of "oh my god how long this place has been in war"
>>
Let's play a game. There's an item lying on the ground in this screenshot. Can you find it?
>>
>>3492636
The Trumpet you recover in Tulerean Forest when the humans try to take it by force.
>>
>>3492664
>>
>>3492664
Spear on the front left. It's the only yellow on the ground.
>>
>>3492538
everything becomes obsolete when you get blasters
>>
>>3492670
>>3492672
Yep. Took me quite a while, I saw the blue mark on the minimap, but not on the screen. I wanted to take other screenshots, but the spear was pretty much invisible on them

>>3492667
I didn't see any story regarding the trumpet… I was only sent a note, and the history tab has nothing. Can you elaborate?
>>
>>3492706
If you read the text when you turned it in he talks about how he hoped it would "shore up the weak side in the conflict and promote peace" and that you need to look out for yourself and your kingdom.

If you saw the "hint" text during the main part of the war he talks about how the whole thing is stupid. He even says that neither actually wants Harmondale, they just want to deny it from the other.
>>
>>3492726
>>3492728
Ah, OK. I rarely visit his house, and at the moment I don't even have Fly yet (2 hireling slots are already taken).
>>
Just bought complete M&M. How fucked am I if I want to play them chronologically and don't have a lot of experience with RPGs?
>>
>>3493104
You are going to be miserable playing the first two games.

Start at 3 see >>3487649 >>3487756
>>
>>3493104
MM1 and MM2 are still somewhat easier than games like Wizardry, but if you have literally no experience with RPGs, you really should play either 3 or 6.
>>
>>3493104
> chronologically
It's not really necessary. The games do come in the same timeline; but it's not like you have to beat one game to understand the next one.

3, 4 and 5 share very similar graphics/art style and gameplay. Moreover: 4 and 5 are basically about two parts of the same world, and the 2 games can form one (see: World of Xeen).

6, 7, and 8 took a turn from it, and form a different "trilogy" of sorts. First, they take place on the continents of Heroes 2 & 3. Also, MM7 and 8 have a lot of the 3D models from Heroes 3—but now in first person perspective. Second, obviously, they are in full 3D, like Ultima Underworld and Daggerfall, and you can roam the world freely, not tied to a grid; the combat is also real-time (you can turn on turn-based though if you feel like it, but it's never necessary).

6–7–8 are connected to previous installments, but that connection is not very strong or direct. If you start from 6, you won't lose much plot. There are some references here and there, but otherwise you will never feel out of place. The games are not direct sequels to the previous ones, they take place in a different world.

Really, all of the games are at least good. There are no "black sheep" of the series, all of the games were good except for 9, which was basically released unfinished, because the publisher of the game went belly up.
>>
>>3493589
>>3493404
Thanks. I'll give a shot to MM1 anyway (will probably give up and skip to 6 but let's give it a chance).

>9, which was basically released unfinished, because the publisher of the game went belly up.
Yeah, I know that, I've been playing Heroes since I was a little kid, and I'm familiar with the history. I remember reading an interview with an ex-NWC employee who said that MM9 and H4 were unfinished because they had too few programmers. 3DO allocated most of them to work on Legends of Might and Magic instead, which they hoped would make a lot of money and save the company...
>>
>>3493627
>3DO allocated most of them to work on Legends of Might and Magic instead, which they hoped would make a lot of money and save the company...
Don't you just love publisher greed and mismanagement?
>>
>>3493635
They already were in debt at the time (there were some lawsuits, and 3DO already had several failed games), LoMM was just a gamble, an attempt to save the company, I don't think it was greed.
>>
>>3493104
You'll be fine. Play the mac version of MM1 and 2 for better interface and graphics.
>>
For MM6, I heard someone say that a master spear let's you hit adjacent enemies in addition to the one you target, but looking at the skill itself it says nothing about that. What am I to believe? Also, what's the best spear?
>>
>>3493948
Trust the tooltip
>>
>>3493971
If the tooltip is right, why do people say sword/dagger + spear is the best dual wield combo?
>>
>>3493978
attack damage bonus and recovery fuckery
>>
>>3493978
Because you can't use an offhand other than a dagger or a sword. The +hit and +damage stack for dual wields and the recovery time is whichever weapon is slower (which will always be the spear).

Best weapon combo is usually spear/sword or axe/sword.
>>
Are there any real uses to minotaurs, trolls and vampires in MM8?

I get that Levitate might be mildly useful, but just wall hump and you don't need it.

Trolls are just slower knights. Regeneration skill is way too slow even at GM. I mean sure the mace paralyze is kind of nice, but even at level 20 you are talking about a 1/5 proc.

Minotaurs just seem to be the hunters of MM8. Getting the Balthazar Axe early is mildly useful, but you lose out on so much and can't even wear helmets or boots.
>>
>start holding shift while in combat in MM6
>recovery time is a million times faster than even just standing still in run mode
wew
>>
>>3495098
I told you about the run mode bro
>>
File: lastfightevil.png (287KB, 640x480px)
lastfightevil.png
287KB, 640x480px
Well this was surprisingly easy, the whole level was a curbstomp.

328 days - Red Dragon rank

I liked how the 11 titans infront of Roland's castle joined me.
>>
>>3495646
Do you not have to worry about morale in HoMM2? I always see so many factions units in a single army in screenshots.
>>
So I get why you, the heroes, go out facing tons of power liches/etc, but what drives a banker and teacher to join you? What stops them from saying "fuck this shit this is more than my simple peasant life has led me to handle"?
>>
>>3495669
I always felt that was strange. I wonder what the game would be like if your hireling had a chance to abandon the party during dangerous fights.
>>
>>3495669
—You dared to enter the Pit and disturb the life of the great necromancer guild for your mere mortal needs. Now prepare to face your death, you disgusting do-gooders!… Wait a minute, who's this guy?

—Ah, he's cool. He's a hireling.

—Yeah, never mind me. Your world saving stuff doesn't concern me in the least bit guys, you fight it out on your own, I'll just watch.

—Ah, ok fine, should I attack only 4 of you then?

—Yeah, that's cool.

The party is eradicated. The hireling asks for directions to Harmondale castle and is teleported there for free by liches out of nicety.
>>
Is there any map out there that is as complex as "This is Legion 9"?
>>
>>3495693
>Hi, I'm a banker, I can identify strange antique coins you find and increase your net worth.
>Oh cool, what about these coins I created out of thin air by casting a spell on this amulet?
>Sure, why not.
???
>>
>>3495956
> Buy dagger
> cast Enchant Item
> It's an antique dagger now
> Price x10

Resellers are a despicable bunch
>>
>>3495956
>>3495963
You'd think wizards in Enroth, Antagarich or Jadame would trigger a hyperinflation crisis or something.
>>
>>3495969
> Warlocks raise the prices for lich jars
> Necros respond by flooding the market with antique rings and enchanted items, creating economic bubble
> The Antagarich economy crashes and the place slowly turns into a shithole
> World elite gathers to resolve the crisis
> "The place is fucked beyond repair, what do we do"
> "I know"
> Thus the blade of frost and armageddon clashed
> Welcome to Axeoth
>>
>>3495991
So that's why the world was destroyed.
>>
>>3495935
please answer ;_;
>>
>>3496019
I think all of the M&M discussion has driven away all of the HoMM posters, sorry anon.
>>
File: dual wielding.jpg (66KB, 636x398px) Image search: [Google]
dual wielding.jpg
66KB, 636x398px
I have a question more related to D&D: what's with the RPG's obsession with dual wielding? Every time I see some D&D artwork, there's always some guy proudly holding 2 melee weapons. And the combos seem to be kinda peculiar too: staff and dagger, or even 2 maces (don't quote me on that but that's how it looked).

I think it's apparent where Might and Magic took this from. In M&M7, you can hold a dagger/sword in your left hand. I never really understood how you could really hold spear in one hand, let alone with a sword. Even in the most fantastic Japanese legends I've heard of, double wielding is mostly a meme. OK, I can imagine how a monk can fight with a staff while using unarmed skill (see: TNMT and Matrix). But otherwise, even 2 daggers sounds like an ass-pull to me.

I get it that it's the part of mechanic, and it may look fancy and all that. But from what I understand, D&D has always tried to keep some degree of """realism""", so to say. Since dual wielding never was used IRL, why do they keep pushing it so hard?

And if anyone plays D&D—is there any benefit to actually using a single weapon?
>>
>>3496034
In D&D, rogues make use of dual wielding because they get sneak attack added to each hit regardless of strength. You might also have an enchantment to do +xd6 damage on hit, again not relying on your own strength, that you may just want to get as many hits as possible to get that sweet bonus damage. Any other melee user usually goes 2hand since shields are useless (unless you are 2handing a spiked shield or dual-wielding spiked shield) and goes for super pumped power attacks that basically try and use 500x your str bonus. That's a dramatization of course, but I do know at least one build made a barbarian do over 1000 damage on his own with no spells in 3.5 edition, consistently.
I don't think I really see this "push" for dual wielding, most of the time it's included in artwork to give a feeling of a more balanced party. You got a spellcaster, warrior with either a shield or 2hander, an archer, and the dick ass thief whose mom let him have TWO wieners. If you have a problem with all party art having dualwielders but not with them all having archers/spellcasters/generic-fighters, there's nothing I can do.
Spears in one hand IS a thing. You don't throw javelins two handed, and lines of spearmen with shields is also a thing. That's why D&D has 1handed AND 2handed pokey weapons.
Finally, aside from dual-wield kun from your JP legends, pirates also used to dual wield with a rapier and main gauche at one point. It's not like it's entirely unheard of. Also, aside from looking fancy, most people fall for Lloyd's Fallacy that if wielding one sword gives you a power of 100, then two should give you 200, so it's easier to market to them if you just play it up.
>>
>>3495935
Eye of the Eagle
>>
File: RapierGauche.jpg (14KB, 710x218px)
RapierGauche.jpg
14KB, 710x218px
>>3496034
>And if anyone plays D&D—is there any benefit to actually using a single weapon?
attack bonus (hit rate)
>>
File: bogatyri-vasnetsov.jpg (220KB, 1100x714px) Image search: [Google]
bogatyri-vasnetsov.jpg
220KB, 1100x714px
>>3496093
> If you have a problem with all party art having dualwielders but not with them all having archers/spellcasters/generic-fighters, there's nothing I can do.
But it's a classic line-up really. See picrelated, 1898: you get your swordsman, a tank with mace/spear and an archer.

But dual wielding I've only seen done for lulz in some movies. Not even ebin kung-fu movies showed anything like it.
>>
File: MetalTech_GinGin18.jpg (110KB, 668x720px) Image search: [Google]
MetalTech_GinGin18.jpg
110KB, 668x720px
>>3496093
Thanks for explaining. Too bad that shields are useless, did the creators ever address this somehow?

> unless you are 2handing a spiked shield or dual-wielding spiked shield
Ah, so THAT'S where these things come from. I've seen one in, I think, Dragon Quest 4. It looked kinda out of place in it, now I understand why.

As for dual-wielding 2 spiked shields, the only thing I can imagine is picrelated

> You don't throw javelins two handed, and lines of spearmen with shields is also a thing.

Of course, I mean hoplites did exactly that. There's nothing wrong with holding almost any long weapon with a shield, but not with a spear or a dagger.

And pirates used main gauche—again, for protection/parrying. You don't really hack with them. Almost no one ever fought with both weapons. But it seems that in D&D and all of the derivative games it's a pretty common practice.
>>
So, I've finally got to the choice in M&M7 with my RAAC party after weeks of occasional playing. Now, I'm going to get the perfect bow asap. Obviously, I'm gonna grab
mastery in elemental magic and GM chain for them, and also GM light for the cleric to get that sweet Hour of Power.

But what after that? Do I level up bow skill further and further to lower the bow recovery to minimum?
>>
>>3496024
This.
HoMM secession when?
>>
>>3496034
i just like dual wielding in might and magic because i hate getting a cool weapon and not being able to use it.

what i mean is as a grown man, my favorite part of MM is dressing up those paper dolls.
>>
>>3496483
What prevents you from discussing HoMM in the this thread?

HoMM is a deep, competitive game to a great degree. You want map or in-depth strategy talk—you will simply find more info on specialized forums for pro players, where they usually post the maps too. /vr/ doesn't have Street Fighter or Starcraft or Counter-Strike threads, for the same reason.

But if you want to talk about the lore/nostalgia for the good ole NWC—then why separate it from M&M? Threads used to be about HoMM/M&M only. I might be wrong here, but I thought they were pretty slow. They hanged there for several months IIRC.

Anyway, I myself have done enough to support the threads. I've answered many questions and wrote a rough Heroes 3 guide with a skill cheat sheet for noobs.
>>
>>3496549
It's one of my favorite parts of the game. I wish there were more slots though. Otherwise, it's one of the most intuitive things I've seen in RPGs. Also, the equipment looks surprisingly good. Especially in M&MVIII, but I want to squeeze the last remaining bits from VII before I move on
>>
>>3496561
What prevents me from discussing is the lack of discussion itt to build on. You have to admit that in HoMM only threads, even if they were slower, there were many more posts about the games. Here the few posts about them are difficult to find at all.
And I'd rather talk about the games here because I'm more comfortable with the format. I do occasionally post on HC but I feel like everything has already been said there, while here my posts could make some difference.
>>
>>3495963
>Buy Club for 1g
>Enchant with GM fire aura
>Sell back for 2001g
There is no way this can last.
>>
>>3496024
I'm still here. Just taking a break from actually playing HoMM for other games. A lot of people just discovered the mainline M&M games exist and are actually quite good so discussion will veer towards those topics. It'll normalize in a month or two since the RPGs don't have the longevity of a strategy game.
>>
>>3496389
Crank light and watch your recovery time plummet. You should get GM chain at some point and perception for someone. Basically other than that it's magic skills or bow.
>>
>>3496613
I used to talk a lot about Heroes and incite discussion. I used to leave numerous messages here.

Eventually, I just got tired of it. As you mentioned, "everything has already been said" about gameplay in H3. If one has a gameplay question, more often than not it has been answered, or even added Heroes 3 wiki.

Otherwise, there were heated arguments about the factions, of course. But more often than not they'd boil down to simple differences between intermediate/pro players. E.g., I had a lengthy pointless argument about Fortress. I was saying that it wasn't good for noobs, the other guy said it was great for pros. I've wasted time arguing over nothing.

The truth is, a lot (if not most) beginner/intermediate players play the factions based on their looks/appeal. As for the pros—there are pretty obvious tiers, like in all competitive games. The numbers (victory percentages) speak for themselves; there's not much left to discover. And so much has been written beyond HC about the competitive play, that discussing it here, in an image board thread which will start anew after it reaches 500 message limit, is a bit pointless.
>>
>>3496613
>>3496640
Oh yes, I nearly forgot—GOG sale brought quite a lot of new people here to discuss M&M.
>>
>>3496654
But it won't give me -25 recovery, what's the difference? Right now I have ~80, master chain. The only way I can lower it is investing in bow skill/using "of swiftness" items.
>>
>>3496685
>But it won't give me -25 recovery, what's the difference?
Hour of power should cause it to drop to around 30 once you really get the skill rolling.

If you can find a swiftness artifact that's another -20 right there. With Day of the Gods high enough and some artifacts like Hermes Sandals you can get it to 0 if you reach 500 speed.
>>
>>3496698
>With Day of the Gods high enough and some artifacts like Hermes Sandals you can get it to 0 if you reach 500 speed.
Ah I see. But 0 is unattainable if I have GrayFace's patch, right?
>>
>>3496709
It's supposed to be, but you will have 2 people at 5 recovery which is just about as good. You won't have a huge difference, plus remember that every bow skill point adds 2 to the damage (1 per arrow). You will put a team that's just using blasters to shame once it gets setup correctly.
>>
File: 119167_900.jpg (78KB, 659x480px) Image search: [Google]
119167_900.jpg
78KB, 659x480px
>>3496549
Damn, MM8 armor looked so cool.

MM7 heroes always have lame leggings when they wear leather. Also, Mogred helms (the best ones in the game) look a bit lame on anyone except dwarves. Equipment itself looks cool, it's just the characters and the fits that spoil it. I think here MM8 takes the cake. I guess the jump to 3D was a bit rough for NWC but they pulled it off in the end.
>>
>>3495956
>>3495963
>>3495969
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/15,000,000_Gold_a_Day
>>
>>3496765
kek'd
>>
Achievement unlocked: "mt. Rushmore"
>>
>>3496810
What's with the random golem torso?
>>
>>3496594
>I wish there were more slots though
Might and Magic is still one of the few games to date that allow you to equip more than 2 rings in an RPG.
>>
>>3496848
As soon as I started the game, I went to Barrow Downs. There I got the first one. Then after hanging for some time, I guess it respawned and I picked it up again, but the golem NPC didn't accept it anymore (I forgot I picked it).
>>
>>3496868
That would be pretty cool if you could build a second golem NPC. Castle Harmondale was criminally underused in M&M7, you get two castle upgrades and that's it. I'd love for example, if you were on the evil path to get a quest to imprison some major political figure in your newly renovated dungeons or something.
>>
>>3496883
Yeah, or make a whole golem army to destroy goblin forces once and for all.

I agree the castle was underused… There wasn't much to do in it at all. You don't really get the feeling it's yours, too. But then again, M&M7 is not a game of a scope like Shenmue. It was made in just a year MM6 (even if it used the same engine). They wrote a shitload of new quests, dialogue, and so on. I wonder how they managed to do all that in time.

Plus, given that MM7 can be easily beaten in just 2 years of game time, the events seem kind of fast already.
>>
>>3496932
I always forget that M&M6-9 were all made 1-2 years apart from each other. Crazy to think that all of them barring 9 were feature complete and could take dozens of hours of hours to complete, meanwhile modern AAA games with millions spent and teams of hundreds can barely entertain you for 10 hours.
>>
>>3496958
If you read reviews at the time, they hated that NWC kept using the same graphics engine despite enjoying the games.

When they bought a new engine for MM9 it took them longer, but they ran out of money.
>>
>>3496980
lithtech engine was a mistake but actually really good for FPS games
>>
>>3496980
I always hated that about reviewers and gamers, there's nothing wrong with reusing engines and assets to cut down on costs and dev time. But at the same time the game shouldn't be a rehash or play too similarly.
>>
>>3496980
>>3496992
Everything in that game looked so ugly too, I don't know if it could be attributed to it being early 3D or what. At least the art for things like spells was still familiar.
>>
File: video game budget 2.jpg (76KB, 960x768px) Image search: [Google]
video game budget 2.jpg
76KB, 960x768px
>>3496958
The higher the budget, the higher the risks; the tighter is corporate control, and the more games become about return of the investment rather than substance.

Early games were often visions of a single man or very few people; such is Ultima, such is M&M. Both were made by single amateur devs on their PCs. What drove them was, to a large degree, enthusiasm.

But in no industry did the budgets rise as fast as in videogames. It went from $100K to $100 million games in around 20 years. The CG and marketing costs have skyrocketed.

We used to have games which were like books: envisioned and created by single authors, with little to no glitter, remembered and cared about for years after release. And now we have games which are, in essence, Hollywood movies: full of tinsel, marketed like a second coming of Christ, but surprisingly dull and recycled for $100 million products; completely forgotten about in the following years.
>>
is MM9 really all that bad?

i mean if it is the basic MM formula of killing, looting, and exploring, how can you go wrong?
>>
>>3497021
We still do have some games with small dev teams, unfortunately they are usually phone based. That's the reason JVC said he was likely to stay in phone games for the foreseeable future. He likes the smaller teams.

>>3497026
Bugs everywhere, weak story, Fly/Invisibility were removed.
>>
>>3497021
I blame Sony for pushing HD development to the detriment of game studios just to sell TV's and Microsoft for pushing online and DLC for the current state of the industry desu.
>>
What's a good city to play as in HoMM3 for an average skill player but only been playing a short time. I've mostly only played Necro and Rampart.
>>
>>3497119
Castle is pretty solid, no glaring weaknesses, a 4th level mage guild and arguably has the best T7 unit.
>>
>>3497119
Necro, Castle, and Conflux are your best bets.
>>
>>3497119
My personal rankings for the towns in term of newbie friendly-ness:
1. Cove (OP in every aspect)
2. Conflux (See the above except they don't have canons)
3. Castle (Very very balanced roster of creatures plus an OP T7)
4. Stronghold & Rampage (Pretty simple to play, however their creatures are not as OP as the 3 above)
5. Necro (Skele stack is nerfed hard in Hota, and their T7 is shit. Still a very strong town)
6. Dungeon (When you get Black Dragon, everything is set. However, it's a long and painful process)
7. Tower (Everything is expensive as fuck. However, it's a bit easier if you choose Solmyr)
8. Fortress (Basically a stale match when you slowly gain advantages over the enemies)
9. Inferno (Seriously, how do people win with this town???)
>>
File: video game budget 1.png (182KB, 600x2120px) Image search: [Google]
video game budget 1.png
182KB, 600x2120px
>>3497065
Sony is not the whole TV market, and with PS3 it didn't even lead the 7th gen. Sooner or later, online would come; it had been floating on the surface all that time.

The sad reality is, better graphics and bigger games need bigger budgets. Game industry has run itself into the corner with the constant tech wars. They realize that they are bound with $60 price tag for the game box, but at this rate they barely make money. So they need to upsell to make actual profit.

You don't need your book to sell 3 million copies to make profit. You also don't need an international hype campaign for it. But in vidya, all of this is real. Video game industry is caught in a constant rat race to have the best graphics. Otherwise, no one's going to buy them. It's drove them to the point that half the budget goes to CGI; and another half goes to marketing.

So, modern games are in essence turning into one big CGI special effect. They begin with graphics and end with graphics. Everything in between has become a filler.
>>
>>3497280
Fortress is way more noob friendly than Tower. There isn't a tower unit that can carry a new player until they magi which have that ridiculous resource requirement. The only real advantage is having 3 ranged units instead of 1. If you are playing on lower difficulties then tower probably works.
>>
>>3497307
>There isn't a tower unit that can carry a new player
Disagree, Master Gremlins are pretty powerful early on, and if you are lucky, with a Gremlin specialist hero, you can get 100+ easily day 1
>>
File: 1473876084678.png (627KB, 1145x633px) Image search: [Google]
1473876084678.png
627KB, 1145x633px
>>3497020
Pic related came out the same year on the same engine as writ of fate.
>>
>>3497119
it doesnt matter. if you are playing the computer, just play the one you like.
>>
>>3497303
And then come little shitters like Mojang, who make one game that shoots up in range of 1M% of profit margin.
Don't worry anon, soon it all shit will hit the fan, and we'll be able to tart anew
>>
>>3497865
Minecraft's success was unpredictable, and few have managed to replicate it in any way. Occasionally, there've been some one-hit wonders in mobile/indie world. But again, these games are mostly blowing up after going viral—not because of their amazing gameplay or anything like that. It's like the difference between a Hollywood movie and a viral YouTube vid. The latter can occasionally blow up and earn some lucky guy moneys. But it's not something you can predict.

Of course there are whole successful channels on YT like PedoPie, reaction videos and other terminal cancer. But there it's more like TV show/romantic comedy territory: people watch it for the looks of the host/whatever. No one watches it for the plot, more just to drool over some Mila Kunis/Justin Timberlake/whatever. So their assets are very much like in Hollywood.

It's a well known fact that few YT channels that actually produce interesting stuff never really have that many views. Enough to sustain production—sometimes, but even then substance never equals success.
>>
>>3498908
Honestly I think Witcher series was good example of game well done.
It had some issues, but wasn't a turd coated in glitter like Inquisition, or Fallout 4.

Good times will come back sooner or earlier.
>>
>>3498917
I feel Witcher came out at the right place, at the right time. Namely, at the time when big publishers decided that PC games' new home was on consoles. That gave X360 quite a boost. Big games like Fallout 3 and ESIV paved the way for exactly this kind of games, and I guess every publisher started searching for the next "Oblivion".

But really, all these games have been going strong on PC since forever. It's just that console players never were exposed to them. This goes for both WRPGs and FPS games, and is especially apparent with CS:GO, which is absolutely the same game that it used to be, but now also on consoles. In Russia, for example, CS has been the national sport since forever.

Some PC guys never really stopped trying making good games. It's just they chose the wrong platform and were left undiscovered. There have been numerous games over the years that would have immense potential, potentially joining the ranks of revered "tenouttatens" and critics' darlings, be they released on consoles—but they weren't.

I bet you that M&M collection/remakes released on consoles with enough hype could potentially make millions if handled right.
>>
>>3498974
The biggest problem is that too much of a success usually kills a franchise.
Look at pokemon.
Or Heroes :^)

I seriously hope that harsh start of little Polish gamemakers will help CDPR to not go Ubi in foreseeable future. Or ever.
>>
>>3498980
It's not success per se, but producers expectations.

The way Hollywood works, they at first give a team a small budget. But let's say the movie blows up. Then the executives and producers lose their shit over it—they need to strike iron while it's hot. They immediately plan 2 sequels, give the team bigger budget, increase marketing and so on. The result is usually the same: how many sequels do you know that felt inspired and didn't fail your expectations?

Now, sometimes the creator of the movie doesn't even have any ideas, or simply quits. But it never stops the executives. They want the goose to lay a new golden egg as soon as possible, and preferably every year. As the joke goes, "if one woman can deliver a child in nine months, nine women can do that in 1 month". Most people responsible for movie's success are often not even credited. We know them as "creators of X".

Then come spin-offs, tie-ins and other side products, to fill the gaps between movies. And again, producers etc treat the creators as nothing but machines.

And all of this has been simply carried over to video games. The dread comes over producers when they hear the new game isn't going to be exactly the same as predecessor. And for good reasons: history knows Zelda 2 or, say, Street Fighter 3—all good games, but which almost ruined their franchises. Simply because they weren't the same and tried something radically different.

It's good you mention Pokemon: virtually all of the things said above apply to it:

—Every game is exactly the same as the previous one. From minor plot details to attacks. Not to mention 2 versions + later 3rd one for each game. All of this has been exactly the same from the times of GB, ffs.

—Dozens and dozens of needless tie-ins—from Pokemon Racing/Snap/Ranger to completely retarded non-games like "talk to Pikachu".

—Few even know who's the mastermind behind Pokemon games. No one talks about new ideas in them, you know—the creative vision.
>>
>>3499059
Actually they dared to change the 1st --- in current gen, and well, I am kinda sold to the idea, but...

Who knows what would have been if Pokemon stayed a small name with not so much following, still created with loving and caring team, centered on pleasuring set of dedicated fans...

Why accountants need to be so much of shitheads.
But honestly, idea of tie-ins isn't that much of evil. Problem becomes when sucking Big Cow's titty becomes more important than delivering something actually valuable.
>>
What is the best town to play as in HoMM3 if I don't want to use tactics or strategy?
>>
>>3499090
Necro
>>
>>3499090
Interesting question, actually. I'd be very willing to post something mindless like Castle, with a strong Marksmen or Cavaliers (or even week 1 Angels) start and a fairly no-brainer unit, the Archangel, but Archangels have some nuances with Clone tactics, splitting them, and whatnot.

Necropolis comes to mind, because you don't have to pay (as much) attention to micromanaging your forces and dealing with losses, and rough early game issues can be easily combatted with Galthran or just being patient with Isra.

Dungeon could work with Jeddite/Alamar - not in competitive MP, but just enough to compstomp. Once you get Advanced Earth you can win maps with just Red Dragons. You can graduate to Dracageddon if you want. But then again, getting Dragons at all on 200% might be hard.

I would say that the most basic way to play HoMM3 is by maximizing the use of early ranged units to destroy wandering stacks and building up power like this, so I'd probably suggest Castle/Rampart with heavy Marksman/Elf emphasis (pick Ivor for Rampart). Everything else can get resource-blocked or requires extreme care/micro in the early game (Stronghold/Fortress; as strong as Conflux's early game is, fights with just upgraded Sprites can take quite a few turns).
>>
>>3497317
>lucky, with a Gremlin specialist hero

That would be extremely lucky indeed.
>>
>>3498980
>>3499059
But the critical success and substance of games is quite different. What makes the game good is not only the formula, it's the visionaries behind it.

However, they don't always make games sell. This is especially apparent in the case of Yu Suzuki. The man made some of Sega's best games. He truly had a talent, genius to create amazing games. But then came Shenmue.

Nintendo is one of the few companies who to an extent recognize their visionaries' achievements and importance. Iwata, Miyamoto, Sakurai deserve the all of the exposure they get, if only for their previous achievements. But at the same time, in a bitter irony, they are now also making the same games over and over again, to satisfy the worst fanbase in the world. In the end, at least in Iwata times Nintendo was to a large degree the same sweatshop as any other company, never shy of spin-offs, outsourcing and other questionable practices. And let's not forget that beyond these 3 figures, the maximum info you usually get from booklets is "Developed by Nintendo R&D1".

But if we're talking about pure critical success, then it's just like in movies: the directors, the cast and the staff decide it. Just to give you an example, from another genre but still. Virtua Fighter made huge impact in Japan when it came out. It remains one of the most popular series in the country. It's not widely known in the West though. Now, the designer of the game, Seiichi Ishii, then quit Sega to join Namco. He made Tekken, which would become the best-selling fighter in the world.
>>
>>3498980
>>3499059
>>3499234
So IMO the problem is the inept producers/executives, the people with no talent and no understanding of others' work, who constantly want to separate the visionaries from their creation, to put them last in the end credits or even hide their names entirely. Make no mistake—game industry still needs them, because after all it's business. Good executives with a knack for their work could do miracles—see Kalinske, for example. But too often they ruin good series and run them into ground out of sheer ineptness, pouring money into special effects but not into good game design, and then shrugging in dismay when their golden egg-laying goose dies out of sheer misery.
>>
>>3499132
There are no Gremlin specialists, see for yourself if you don't believe me.
>>
>>3499238
True words, my friend.

Any hobby that turns into profitable business risks being destroyed by people who want maximal profits with minimal costs.

So we go from hobbyists doing what they love for people they can understand to corporate juggernauts trying to recreate that enthusiasm with heaps of money and advertising.

Normies that buy new Cods, BFs, iPhones are worst type of ignorants. Especially on executive stools
>>
>>3499247
You know, what I said sounds very close to what Marx implied. He also argued that workers are unhappy because they're separated from the products of their labor, that it should belong to them. Except he argued this for manual labor.

History has proven him wrong for material goods. And given I'm Russian, I've witnessed that all too well. But what about intellectual property and art? I think there, his words actually do apply. Ubi tried to separate NWC from Heroes. Vivendi tried to make Crash without Naughty Dog. We all can see where Heroes and Crash are now.

Everyone realizes that intellectual property is pretty fucked up. Calling piracy "stealing" has done nothing to stop MP3 sharing from destroying music industry, or to make PC the Detroit of video game platforms. Maybe, you can't really make people believe that you can sell air? Maybe if a game can be freely copied, and both you and the owner will have a copy identical to the original, then it's not like a car and we shouldn't treat it like one? I agree with complete corporate control over food, car, electronics production, whatever. It's not art and it's for the better. But I'm not fine that JVC's brainchild, M&M, doesn't belong to him.

Perhaps the most questionable/controversial commercial practices today are when corporations try to sell ideas. This is exactly why Apple is hated. This is exactly why modern art and fashion always borders on joke, why organic foods are such a big pet peeve to many. They try to sell ideas, air, and people don't see any worth in it (quite naturally, IMO).

And selling the intellectual rights is just completely fucked up. If any game series has suffered from it, it's Heroes. Chinks are now making a mobile game; we've seen the turds of Heroes 6, Heroes Online, Heroes III HD Edition. JVC tried to buy them back. 3DO didn't listen.

Communism doesn't work because it's always taking away from others. But with intellectual property, how can you take it away?
>>
>>3499350
Intellectual rights are slippery ground, indeed. Without more or less voluntary sharing of ideas, we would be nowhere near where are we now.
But if ideas went not recognized, there would be no real pressure to be inventive, besides doing it for the sake of doing it. Where lies the rightness? Where lies the key to progress?

I am not enough of a philosopher to wager an answer here.

You're a fine converser, Ruskibro. I wish I was in more of a condition for a philosophic talk.
>>
>>3499453
No, I do think we should recognize the creator and of course reward him. Moreover, I feel it's really fair when, say, the inventors get money from their patents.

But separating the creator from his invention/brainchild is what creates so many problems. Again, talking about JVC: I assume not even buying his games on GOG would reward him. If we could do that—maybe we'd see new games from him. But we can't; we will only feed Ubisoft further if we do that.

You know, people start realizing that. It's not like people are selfish; there people now buying retro games out of respect, as a ritual of sorts to reward the old creators. In music it's the same: you might have heard of a sudden increase in vinyl sales we have now. Surprise—50% or even more of customers don't buy them to listen, they don't even have vinyl players. They say they do it out of respect. Kickstarter has shown even more: that people remember and are willing to fund the creators they like. This goes for albums and games alike.

All the more it's sad that often, the developers will get very little from it. Of course buying used games doesn't give a penny to the original author. But even with new games, a lot of the time, the rights to franchises simply go to shit publishers.

This carries over to technology too. How many times we've seen companies buying patents, or patenting what's not invented by them, see Apple for example? It creates potentially infinite exploits. Same with copyrights: to copyright holders, "fair use" simply doesn't exist, period. They will screw anyone over.

It sometimes reaches absurd scales. You can read how Geffen label sued Neil Young for not sounding like Neil Young. Or how Ozzy Osbourne's albums only credit him as the sole writer, when in fact he wrote none of the songs. But in videogames, I think it gets even worse: there's no "creator" of the video games. You sold the rights to the publisher, you say goodbye to your brainchild forever.
>>
>>3499552
Kind of ironic, to see how grim is the world before even getting into it much...
Were times always seemingly bad to contemporary people, or there are times objectively better or worse?

And yeah, Apple, gods of marketing and (((innovation))). Why weak willed people had to sold their rights for safety and temporary materialistic gains? Why there's so few companies that want to ensure both them and their customers receive due respect?
Curious times we live in, curious times.
>>
>>3499570
>Why weak willed people had to sold their rights for safety and temporary materialistic gains?
Now that's the big issue: admittedly, they need that to survive and continue making new art.

Unfortunately, games are not like books. Pen and paper isn't all you need, far from it; as I said, today games can cost $100 mln, or over it (like GTA5). Same with music: recording/equipment has never been free.

But video games are treated differently from inventions or music. AFAIK games don't have legal "creators" who get their share from every game sale/play. If they did, that'd be more fair. Compare this to radio airplay: songwriters get money EVEN if a cover of their song is played (but not the perfromers/sound recording copyright owners).

Now, what do I have in mind? Imagine the beautiful picture: game sales make the men behind M&M, Pac-Man, Megaman and so on millionaires. Allowing them to continue making games and try new ideas. THIS is, IMO, how those people should be rewarded: with a fraction of money going to them with every purchase.

But today, it's not happening, and many creators from Yu Suzuki to Koji Igarashi are left with Kickstarter to realize their dreams.
>>
>>3499631
I was talking more about entirety of mankind, who had many great chance to live long and prosper, but failed to see through maymays of stability and safety created by power greedy bastards.

And yeah, royalties could greatly help the business, together with lesser emphasis on graphic side of game.
>>
>>3499570
It's the nature of capitalism. If a billionaire gets no real income for 5 years, he isn't really hurt that much. If a regular person has no income for several years he is starving and beyond desperate. This gets leveraged to an extreme even within a generation or so. With high barriers to entry of any kind of decent sized market, you get gatekeepers that can simply drown out or ignore almost anyone whereas anyone trying to enter has at minimum their own survival to think about.

In economics, they are referred to as "rent-seekers". They don't actually do anything particularly useful, but since they have control of the markets you can either give them their cut (which usually involves selling the company) or attempt to compete and realize that you will almost never be able to acquire the same scale of wealth. There are a handful of billionaires that came from relatively modest starts, but for every one that made it there are millions that not only failed, but ended in ruins.

This isn't a new thing in history at all. It's basically a return to feudalism. Sure the peasant could leave the village, but he could just as easily be hunted down and has nothing of any real value to his name. A few would do something notable and gain access to the aristocracy, but for almost everyone else it's a dead end.

There have been a few times where certain advanced cultures managed to help level the field, but eventually new versions of those gatekeepers show up and buy/leverage the only group that could actually stand up to them by force (the government).
>>
>>3499649
In all honesty, I thought those 'gatekeepers' hate capitalism. And that's why they've bought the populace with empty promises and started corpocracy and dem-soc, erecting those gates once again.

Government is usually the one that allows gates and entry barriers to be raised to infinity, by regulations, tax cuts and other abuses, and that's why I support minstatism.

For me capitalism is just a name humans gave to clash for resources and 'worktime' that is happening since dawn of life. Trees fight for water and sunlight, lions compete to be chosen as very picky lionesses who want to 'cooperate' with best contractor there is, humans amassing wealth to secure wellbeing of their offspring...
>>
>>3499637
>I was talking more about entirety of mankind, who had many great chance to live long and prosper, but failed to see through maymays of stability and safety created by power greedy bastards.
You know, I don't really see it. It might sound weird, but I'm no idealist. We live in a material world, we need food to eat and bills to pay. You can't abstract from your bodily needs.

I think we have to remember the fact just a few centuries ago, we didn't even have enough food to eat well, not to mention cures to many deceases, stable heating, and so on, to say nothing about transportation. People had to work very hard to survive, and "living free" was an idea doomed from the start.

Historically, I think the main driving force that made our life better was science. It was the discovery of fertilizers, pesticides and hormones that gave us enough food to eat, freeing workhands from agriculture and giving many people opportunity to not work on farm all life. To think that back in the XIX century, newborns still died from simply unsterile equipment in maternity wards. In essence, science is the reason I was born.

So I think this stability and safety is not a meme, it's an objective reality. It's the reason I won't have to work on soil all my life, then go to war to protect borders from invaders. Stability gets me opportunity to work part time and shitpost away the rest of time, so hooray to stability.

I think everything beside science has always been secondary. But one real apparent flaw of people in general is this, in my opinion: people have great ability to deceive themselves. Or in other words, "believe".

It can be seen as "good" deception—e.g., a soldier going through pain for his country/god/whatever. But it's this power of belief that can negate common sense. It's especially apparent in religion. But even outside of it, not basing judgement on reality is more often than not basing it on monsters in your head.

That's it really, but it's human nature.
>>
>>3474424
I remember this game as a demo on a dos sampler CDrom igot through a pc magazine. I believe itcame with head rush mechwarrior 2 Raptor and lords of the realm 2. I miss simple days...
>>
>>3499649
The thing is, people still live better and more fulfilled life under capitalism now than ever before. While every socialist country has driven itself to ruin—EVEN with oil reserves, nukes and military like my dear motherland. Also see: Venezuela.

If that's me being robbed under capitalism—I don't mind. I'm well fed, rested, with roof over head and a stable internet connection to grant me entertainment and occasional porn. Everything else, I don't believe in.

If anything is going to rid us of "greedy bastards", it's science, as it defines material reality. It always comes first. I believe as time passes, we will become completely classless. Today it's close but still in making.

Creator freedom I'm arguing for might increase the quality of my entertainment, though.
>>
>>3499682
Before this devolves into /pol/ further I'll clarify that when I saw left I mean standard leftist economic positions, rather than the "new left" allied with specific corporate interests (like Clinton and Blair).

>In all honesty, I thought those 'gatekeepers' hate capitalism
The left would say they are capitalism at it's purest. The very nature of capitalism is to get to a point of leverage and exploit it as much as possible because that's where the money is and drive everyone else out of business through economies of scale. If any individual actor(s) can seize control by force even better. If a particularly innovative person or group can somehow overcome these barriers, it is their natural incentive to stop anyone else from making it and erect new barriers unless an external force (the government) stops them.

This is the difference between the political left and right. The left believes that the only way to stop the gatekeepers is to take capital and hence leverage from them and distribute it to those that could either attempt to enter the markets themselves or at minimum dilute the effect over time of the concentration of power. The extreme case of this is of course Communism, where all capital is seized and distributed equally, but this creates an environment where there are no incentives for innovation at all.

In short, the question is who is more corruptible, the markets or the government and the problem is they feed off each other and both at present have an incentive of growing each other.
>>
>>3499751
And who drives most of that research? The government.

Look at pharmaceuticals. They may spend an inordinate amount of money on "research" but the majority of it is trying to reuse existing drugs to new purposes in order to extend patent lengths. The vast majority of new research comes from government grants.

Also, everyone knows the US military invented the Internet. What happens in capitalism is that when left alone, the ISPs can charge a hundred dollars for access. In Europe the same service is less than 10 for faster speeds. Sure, part of it is how much bigger the US is, but mostly it's because they have the ability to stop entry to the market.

Industry can and has created amazing things, the question is how do we direct them to productive things, especially when there isn't immediate profit.
>>
>>3499717
Things just get more complicated every year. As long as the industry remains driven by graphics and popularity over gameplay, it won't get better.
>>
Is there a good way to get enough gold in WoX to train to the cap of 200? This is going to be way over 100 million gold and I just don't know where I'm supposed to find anything even close to that.
>>
>>3499783
I don't really want to delve into full left vs right argument. All I wanted to say really is that in a perfect world JVC wouldn't be jewed by Ubisoft, much like many of unsung game heroes.

But still I'd point out that while military invented Internet, WWW was "born" at CERN, and a lot of other computer advancements have been made by private companies driven by profit. They might have build up on existing research, but still they brought it from labs to business and then to mass consumer. Also, I'd like to say that what you've listed are examples of corruption, which is inherent to any form of state control.
>>
Rate my map !

https://mega.nz/#!1owlyKSa!w5DoZXf2yKYV-eGeqzKLoNHnoZUElqUsBUCdxqi588c

Actually looking for feedbacks on how to make it better. I feel like it's still uninspired as hell
>>
hi guise and thanks for the pastebin

regarding HoMM3 Complete: which mod should be installed first, HotA or HD+?
>>
>>3500740
I think it doesn't matter, in my case Hd+ then HotA didn't result in nuclear apocalypse or something.
>>
File: Pit Lord buttscratcher.gif (11KB, 41x94px) Image search: [Google]
Pit Lord buttscratcher.gif
11KB, 41x94px
> TFW you're a slave master in hell but there are no showers there
>>
File: HIVDeathOutro.jpg (114KB, 426x340px) Image search: [Google]
HIVDeathOutro.jpg
114KB, 426x340px
Alright hommies, let's discuss worlds.
Which of them do you find the most interesting?
Enroth - this one is good, since there are a lot of games set on this world, so there is some continuity and depth to the lore.
Axeoth - my favorite. HoMM 4 writing was the best and i kind of liked the idea of exploring the new world with some of the old heroes.
Ashan - at it's worst in HoMM 5, since it is the most generic fantasy setting ever. However, I played through the campaigns of HoMM 6 and HoMM 7 (mostly) and actually enjoyed the story of these games (not discussing the gameplay, it was tolerable to go through campaigns).
>>
>>3501280
Enroth I guess, I hate reboots that happen so suddenly.
>>
>>3501280
It's a real pity HoMMIV happened at such a rough time for NWC. JVC himself said that Heroes IV turned into basically an RPG, personally I liked the idea, but it was a bug step away from the formula. It felt a bit more like a cross between top-down M&M and Heroes.
>>
>>3501280
Xeen is the most interesting one in my opinion but no HoMM game for it unfortunately. Enroth is a close second and Ashan is the worst setting by far.
>>
>>3501280
>>3501331
Speaking of which, I always want to come back to Heroes IV. But re-learning everything from scratch sounds very painful.

Plus, I heard there are quite big balance issues in it. E.g., you can poison the enemy and run circles around him. This way you can decimate huge stacks of enemies, it takes a long time but it's possible.
>>
>>3501342
That's an interesting idea. HoMM 0: Restoration of Xeen.
>>
>>3501346
Would make for a crazy sci-fi fantasy side game as long as they kept the aesthetic of MM4 and 5 and didn't turn everything into what Forge town looked like.
>>
File: mm5-dos5.png (32KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
mm5-dos5.png
32KB, 320x200px
>>3501354
Too bad the enemies won't be able to jump-scare you. The game definitely needs huge faces occupying the whole screen appearing out of nowhere. For spells, for example. Also, the huge skull and for when you get ERADICATED with Armageddon.
>>
>>3490646
>>
>>3500582
No interest? ;_;
>>
>>3501529
Post a preview pic. Didn't even notice someone linked a map in the thread.
>>
File: 002.png (917KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
002.png
917KB, 1366x768px
>>3501537
Please be gentle
>>
>>3500582
I'll download it tomorrow if I remember to.

>>3501635
Looks a bit overstuffed.
Also, is that HOTA?
>>
>>3501659
Yep
>>
>>3501659
Not the mapguy but it is, I see some HotA only buildings like crystal warehouse and the building south of it who's name and function escapes me.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nssrt8qpiaM
>>
>>3501372
>Not having Day of Protection and Day of Sorcery cast
>>
>>3496958
6-8 use same engine and are basically same game with some stuff switched around, 7/8 have barebone setting and shallow quests.
So they are pretty much retro analogue of AssCreed "yearly game release with minimal change"

Even back in the days people got really pissed when MM8 was released and it was basically same thing as before, except you couldnt make a party now and had to make do with lame NPCs and world was smaller than before.

MM7 too looked outdated as fuck, but at least they strapped D3D suppot, even if it somehow made the game sprites look way worse.

MM8 was a step backwards from 7/6 and 9 was total trash.
>>
>>3501893
VIII was my first M&M so I'm likely to be biased, but I had lots of fun with it. I didn't understand a lot of the stuff though. Still it really caught me.

I heard it was initially planned as an expansion. I haven't found the proof for this though.

I think it got most of the shit from magazineswhich put it down for its graphics, when in fact I think they built nicely on VI and VII, feeling less awkward and more polished. It wasn't anywhere near Shenmue or Deus Ex of course, but it still had most of the charm of the M&M series. The game also was more movie-like; but it was a pretty cool movie, and it was tied to the game itself.

It did feel archaic, even back in the day… After Quake and Half-Life had broken, everyone shifted to polygonal 3D. Top-down RPGs like Baldur's Gate or Diablo still were there for some time, but M&M couldn't go there. The sprite-based engine would have been passable, but only if M&M would have used higher res sprites—they looked too pixelated up close. It felt like a carryover from Doom times. RPGs rarely did set the bar for games, but M&M still lagged behind very obviously.

But alas, I guess 1-game-per-year schedule never did much good to any series… Remembering Megaman with its barely distinguishable games, it can quickly run the series into the ground. The financial situation didn't help: 3DO were so "good" at management, they had bankrupted themselves and couldn't even make a buyout deal.
>>
>>3502000
Yes 8 was planned as an expansion. 3DO's money troubles were terrible that far back. It forced NWC to change the schedule to a "full" game. It gave 3D0 enough money to hold on until halfway through the schedule of MM9, where they were forced to release it "as is".

Basically 3DO dumped a ton of money trying to break into the sports market, and delivered a flop. None of their other games were particularly great sellers, but it wasn't a complete disaster until they started working on High Heat (baseball).
>>
Do starting stats really matter in MM3? in 6-8 the obviously dont matter that much at all (within reason), but im not sure if it is the same here. Do I have to go full wizardry and spend 2 hours rolling, or am I good enough after a few clicks?
>>
>>3502060
They matter more than later games, but just make sure your accuracy, speed, and endurance are decent. Speed is the biggest problem. Speed in MM3-5 determines who attacks first in a round of combat so you tend to want to stack it on your stronger characters.

If you have 4 stats at 17 (Might for fighters/Personality for Clerics/Intellect for Sorcerers/Luck for Robbers) you won't have any problems. You can certainly do it with less but it can get annoying. At minimum get accuracy up.
>>
>>3502069
I should add that most of the scaling of all stats is terrible just like the later games. The monsters will get faster, so stacking speed will allow characters with high speeds to attack first (and usually 1 shot) almost anything.
>>
>>3502060
Character creation in Wizardry is cool in concept but suffering in practice. I remember spending hours trying to build a party in wiz6. At least it was easy in Wiz8
>>
>>3501494
> tfw you cannot terrorize enroth forever
>>
>>3501661
Loyalty temple, isn't it?
>>
File: djjguj.png (559KB, 1286x988px)
djjguj.png
559KB, 1286x988px
This part is a lot easier in realtime mode since you can run past the dwarves that try to surround you from both sides.
>>
File: doubt.png (18KB, 316x414px)
doubt.png
18KB, 316x414px
>>3502578
>>
>>3502578
>Running from dwarves
>Not just spamming inferno to kill the whole room
>>
>>3503237
>Inferno
>Not quad Shrapmetal rape
>>
>>3500582
>>3501635
Waaaay too crowded.
>>
File: comfy.jpg (15KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
15KB, 400x299px
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsR2cx6vjVE
Is there anything more comfy than the Might and Magic 6 OST? The sound of the birds chirping and the general happy feeling? It takes me back to better times.
>>
>>3503676
King of Dragon Pass has a pretty comfy OST. Gives me a certain childhood nostalgia vibe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TguuqVwTp6c
>>
>>3500582

This man >>3503495 is telling truth.
There's too much shit on my turf to collect and I didn't even end my first turn

Also why the fuck is the Tomb of souls unreachable?
>>
>>3503705
>>3500582
Gorgons?
Manthycoras?
On first week?
wtf, man?
>>
>>3496736
>pic
are those dildo swords? serious question
>>
>>3503720
No the idea is to hit with the serrated blade and then pull on it you slice violently.
>>
>>3503720
Looks like a fantasy rhomphaia
>>
Hey quick question, local thrift store has heroes of might and magic 4/5 complete for 15 dollars unopened. is this a good deal I haven't played the series before.
>>
>>3503947
>4 for $15
No, GOG sells it for 10 and it isn't really worth that much.

>5 complete for $15
Not bad, not terrible. GOG sells it for 20 normally, but I'm sure you could get it on sale for less.

If it's both for 15 total then yes, it's probably worth it.
>>
>>3503947
Worth noting that 3 is the best game, followed by 2. 5 is basically a remake of 3, but throws the previous universe out.

Also read the pastebin in the OP.
>>
Should I give Light Magic to my Sorcerer and Cleric or just one?
>>
>>3504065
You can easily get them both to 4 in the offchance you need a light spell and the other is dead (not likely), which in mm6 is all you need to master it. There's no harm. Really though it's not necessary, heck you probably don't even need to get more than lvl4master on solely one of them.
>>
>>3504065
Both of course. You don't really need to crank the skill aside from 1 person (for Day of the Gods and Hour of Power) unless you really feel you need destroy undead. You should go ahead and get both to 4 for master though. Dark skill both should get skill 20 master.
>>
How the fuck does that make it a "great place to live"?

—Shitty island with no economy
—Cut out from the rest of the world
—The only business on the island is a tavern
—Fucking skeletons, wights and gargoyles everywhere
—Two temples at near you at war
>>
>>3504114
It means he hates being around people, and that the weather never really gets too hot or too cold.
>>
>>3504114
None of the first 3 of those is a problem. If you can feed yourself and enjoy being alone Evernmorn would have an appeal. Also there is another business, the super expensive water guild.

>Sell one spell to anyone without GM merchant
>Have enough money to drink for years
>>
File: 1448652543311.jpg (575KB, 1370x709px) Image search: [Google]
1448652543311.jpg
575KB, 1370x709px
Revamping the pastebin in the OP right now. Planning on adding >>3477213 and I'm willing to add anything else people recommend. Also going to copy paste some paragraphs about the differences between the 4 generations of MM games.
>>
>>3504213
That would cover most of it. Just add some suggested starting teams for most of the MM games. At some point we can add a full list like >>3477213, but they would really need at least 1 for each generation.

Here is what I would use:

A=Archer, B=Barbarian, C=Cleric, D=Dragon, E=Dark Elf, N=Necromancer, R=Robber, K=Knight, P=Paladin, S=Sorcerer

MM1-2: KPARCS
MM3-5: PAARCS or BPARCS
MM6: PACS or PCCS
MM7: KKCS
MM8: E(starter)NCKD
MM9: 2xFighter (Promote to Glad/Glad or Glad/Ass) and 2xInitiate (Promote to Cleric/Lich or Druid/Mage).
>>
>>3504263
A=Archer, B=Barbarian, C=Cleric, D=Dragon, E=Dark Elf, K=Knight, N=Necromancer, P=Paladin, R=Robber, S=Sorcerer

Fixed the order.
>>
>>3504263
Also maybe something about getting Bow skill ASAP in MM6-7 and how to do it.
>>
>>3504263
>MM6: PACS or PCCS
That should be MM6 PACS or PCSS. Having 3 healers would be overkill.
>>
>>3504263
Let me try and clean this up a bit to make it pastable:

Suggested starting parties for Might and Magic games:
A=Archer, B=Barbarian, C=Cleric, K=Knight, P=Paladin, R=Robber, S=Sorcerer
MM1-2: KPARCS
MM3-5: PAARCS or BPARCS
MM6: PACS or PCSS
MM7: KKCS
MM8: Start with a Dark Elf and add Knight, Dragon, Cleric, and Necromancer as you explore.
MM9: Start with 2 Fighters and 2 Initiates. Promote the Fighters to Mercenaries to Gladiators. Promote 1 of the initiates to healer to Cleric. Promote the other initiate to scholar to Lich.

Other notes:
1) Stats scale poorly throughout the series. Anything beyond 21, and especially past 50, is largely wasted. In MM4 where there is an essential quest to reach 100 in speed, accuracy, endurance, and might (but there are fountains will temporarily raise those stats by 50).

2) In MM6-8 anyone can learn the bow (aside from MM8 dragons). It is advised to learn it immediately as it gives everyone ranged attacks. In MM7-8 it can be learned in the first city.
In MM6 it is advised to do the following at the very beginning of the game:
a) Turn "The Letter" into the tavern in New Sorpigal
b) Take the Stables to Castle Ironfist
c) Turn "The Letter" into Wilbur Humphrey in the Castle.
d) Go back to the stables. Right next to it are the membership to Berserkers' Fury, Berserkers' Fury (where you can learn bow) and a bow shop.
e) Take the stables back to New Sorpigal

3) In MM3-5 if you do not have Walk on Water you can cast Etherialize to get into deep water.
>>
How do I shift equipment around in my inventory in MM3?
>>
>>3504680
Shift equipment to other party members?
>>
>>3504683
No, I mean rearrange equipment in my own inventory. For example, put the weapon in slot 1, helm in 2, etc..
>>
>>3504707
Trade all the items above it to yourself and re-equip. There isn't a direct way to do it.
>>
>>3504213
>spot the duplicates
>>
Pastebin has now been updated. If anyone could point out any errors or add on to it, I would be grateful.
>>
>>3505216
Also planning on adding HoMM1 and 2
>>
What is /vr/'s preferred solution for HMM3 online/multiplayer?

I usually go with Teamviewer VPN when playing with friends but it's probably not a good idea with strangers.
>>
>>3505227
I don't play MP but I see rooms for HoMM3 in gameranger.
>>
File: bernd life.jpg (131KB, 800x760px) Image search: [Google]
bernd life.jpg
131KB, 800x760px
>>3504114
He's "introvert"
>>
>>3504114
>Having 2 the same looking characters

WHY!?
>>
File: gphdqa.png (444KB, 1040x806px) Image search: [Google]
gphdqa.png
444KB, 1040x806px
>>3505219
HoMM1 and 2 have been added to the mega page. All that's left is Writ of Fate and the Chronicles games.
>>
>>3504213
>>3505216

Here's a quick list of advice for beginners and an overview of what's different in MM6–8 from most RPGs.

1) DON'T RUN ALL THE TIME. This is important. Turn "always run" button off. When it's turned on (even when you're standing), you attack/cast spells much slower (your recovery rate doubles). So run only when you aren't fighting.

2) When you get enough experience for the next level, you don't level up automatically. You need to go to the training facility and pay to advance to the next level.

3) Most of the time, you don't need to grind or kill everyone everywhere. It provides little exp. Complete quests instead, they give much more.

4) Base stats do NOT matter very much after about the beginning stages of the game. The reason being, their effect scales very hard once they reach about 21. Moreover: they don't rise with you lvl up.

5) Here's what you get every time you train up a level:
—more SP and HP;
—more skill points.
Everything else is advanced through skills/better equipment.

6) A lot of your and enemies' attacks in the game will whiff. This is normal. Raise "Attack" to increase your hit chance. Raise "Armor Class" to lower the chance to get hit.

7) There are 2 different degrees of "KO", so to say, in the game:
—Unconscious—not really dead, just knocked out. You can still heal the character with potions/spells and he'll be alright.
—Dead—now this is when healing will do no good. You will see a tombstone in place of a character's portrait. Early in the game, you can only go back to healer to return a dead character back to life.

8) The spells to look for are Town Portal and Fly. The first one lets you teleport between towns. The second one lets you fly in the air, traveling much faster than when running.

9) Most chests in the game are trapped (usually the ones with the best items). There are 2 ways you can deal with this: just let them blow up and heal the damage, if you survive; or disarm them/use Telekinesis spell.
>>
File: wut.png (28KB, 195x99px) Image search: [Google]
wut.png
28KB, 195x99px
>>3505246
Too few human male faces to choose from. There was some Genghis Khan guy and a dude who looked a bit too tan. I'm only OK with making females clerics. Female warrior classes never made sense to me.
>>
>>3505281
Dwarves
>>
File: mighty gorgon power rangers.jpg (65KB, 564x820px) Image search: [Google]
mighty gorgon power rangers.jpg
65KB, 564x820px
>>3505283
Nah. My party is RAAC, and I wanted a human ranger.

The fucking double-wielding in D&D artwork again reeeee
>>
File: barbarian.jpg (364KB, 899x1200px) Image search: [Google]
barbarian.jpg
364KB, 899x1200px
>>3505281
shitlord
>>
>>3505302
That's my fucking pet peeve with D&D. Yeah, totally, women were barbarians and knights, absolutely. Double-wielding too.

I only chose female cleric because having 3 same faces was too much
>>
>>3505306
'tism
never play wizardry
valkyries being the strongest class would make your head explode
>>
>>3505297
>RAAC

What?
>>
File: 1458727966170.gif (2MB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
1458727966170.gif
2MB, 288x288px
>>3505281
>>3505297
Hold up so what classes do you have?
>>
>>3505272
>DON'T RUN ALL THE TIME. This is important. Turn "always run" button off. When it's turned on (even when you're standing), you attack/cast spells much slower (your recovery rate doubles). So run only when you aren't fighting.
what
>>
>>3505219
>>3505270
nice, been wanting to try HoMM2
>>
>>3505430
>>3505434
He wanted a different type of MM7 party to the standard meleex2+cleric+sorcerer that would still be effective in the last thread to try some new classes out, so I suggested a ranged party.

Ranger, Archer, Archer, Cleric

Once you get hour of power rolling those arrows will destroy absolutely anything. Plus, it's not like their melee is terrible either with 4x spear.
>>
>>3505820
3x spear
>>
>>3505534
Still can't believe I played these games for years without knowing that.
>>
>>3505323
Valkyries are great. Succubi, medusas, harpies, you name it—you can have a whole game about them.

But I'm sick of these female knights/fighters in games. They just look so unnatural and forced to me, like rule 63 taken as a normal occurence. I'm used to traditional lore and classic fantasy. Obviously, none of them ever had a single female knight, except rarely as a wonder in itself (and in stories like Mulan).

I'm perfectly fine with female amazons, witches, enchantresses, nuns, but not with warriors, barbarians, and so on.
>>
File: insanity.png (15KB, 81x99px) Image search: [Google]
insanity.png
15KB, 81x99px
This is just wrong
>>
>>3506357
>>
File: 1359954398792.jpg (19KB, 253x310px) Image search: [Google]
1359954398792.jpg
19KB, 253x310px
>>3506357
>>
>>3506285
So you're triggered that vague archetypes like "fighter" or "knigh" in the context of Might and Magic have women in them but valkyries are okay? Your logic makes no sense.
>>
New thread >>3506428
Thread posts: 522
Thread images: 94

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.