[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sonic When Used to be Good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: sanic.png (298KB, 480x302px) Image search: [Google]
sanic.png
298KB, 480x302px
>Never really big sonic fan b4 my generation
> Started playing sonic 2
> How the fuck did sega fuck sonic so bad
> All you had to to was go fast,
> Extra why are sonic fans cancerous.
>>
Because the series went from "gotta go fast" to furry drama.
>>
They're getting better.

Don't worry about stuff like that, just enjoy the games.
>>
You should play Sonic 3 & Knuckles, OP. The whole Genesis trilogy in fact.

>How the fuck did sega fuck sonic so bad

Back in the Saturn era they couldn't get a 3D Sonic out the door so they lost a lot of momentum to SM64. They got some back with the Dreamcast but after leaving the console war they were at the mercy of deadlines, questionable directors, terrible business decisions, all sorts really.

>Extra why are sonic fans cancerous

In order to differentiate Sonic from other platformers they turned the drama, edgy 'tude and cinematic cutscenes up to 11, creating a split in the fanbase if not outright losing all the 'classic' fans they had. Particularly evident in the Heroes/Shadow/06 trilogy.

Things are going a bit better now (in the main series at least) with the commercial and critical success of Sonic Generations, Sonic Colours and presumably Sonic Mania once that comes out. The 'cancerous' era that spawned that particular breed of fans is over but the memory remains, I suppose.
>>
>>3474236
>They're getting better.
People have been regurgitating that line like a battered spouse for over a decade now. Sonic will continue to suck for the foreseeable future.
>>
Because they try to listen to the fans, when none of them can agree on anything.
>>
>>3476121
I think they generally agree that Sonic=fast, but Sega turned this gameplay into the Unleashed formula, which, while fast, is a bit too centered around boosting. Unfortunately, it's the best Sonic gameplay we've seen in recent years (I still think the gear shifting from Lost World was a good idea, but ruined by the garbage level design), so people look to that as the gold standard.

As for 2D Sonic, the only really terrible examples I can think of are Sonic 4 Ep 1 and 2. Sonic 2 isn't perfect but it's at least responsive and fun. The Sonic Advance games were flawed as well but had a good sense of speed and interesting mechanics. I truly think that DIMPS got it right with Sonic Rush, arguably the best implementation of Boost in the franchise.

...I'll stop talking, now.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.