[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Organizing your game collection

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

What does people use for organizing their games/roms?
I've started using pic related for my ps1 games I really like the set up and fanart, but it's not good for recognizing PAL games. So I sometimes have to add art manually.
Are there any other program like it that are better?

no PAL bullying plz
>>
Launchbox
>>
>>3474198
This. I just started using launchbox and diggin it. though it seems any fucking "DOS" game I get either needs win32 or doesn't install right on it, but hey, this is ROM collection, not DOS lol
>>
openemu, duh
>>
>>3474082
I make shortcuts to retroarch with the appropriate setup and game rom in the command line and then add it to steam as a non-steam game.

Not totally satisfied with it because it's such a pain. I think I'll try launchbox
>>
>>3475329
If you try launchbox there's not an option to directly add roms, you drag and drop them then it prompts you to add them.
Took me a bit to figure out, had to look it up >>
>>
On a different note
What do you guys use for organizing physical games?
>>
I just save images of cover art into folders.
>>
>>3475387
I don't do anything, but I had a friend who kept them in a bin then had sheets of paper listing all the games on the bins.
>>
I was thinking of making a simple ROM browser and launcher. Most of the existing choices are targeted towards HTPCs, I'd prefer more of a traditional desktop application without a lot of graphics and extraneous information. It'd have support for filtering, playlists, name search, etc... so you can quickly access specific games without a lot of scrolling and such.

I'd really like to allow genre/publisher/date/etc... filtering but I'm not aware of any complete metadata file projects for most systems. At the very least I'd like to integrate some no-intro dat file support to warn users about missing games or bad versions of ROMs.

I have a lot of experience with WPF for Windows development, but something like this would probably be better off cross platform? Would have to do a little research into portable GUI frameworks.
>>
>>3475797
That sounds solid. It would be cool if you made the core of it in something cross platform like SDL and then use some GUI framework like Qt for the GUI but let other people (or you if you feel like it) make some HTPC frontend for it.
SDL and Qt are random examples I suppose you will find (or most likely already know) more setups that let you do it.
>>
>>3475797
Gamebase already exists.
http://www.bu22.com/
>>
>>3475387
Ive started using an app Caled My Game Collection. Im away from my physical collection right now so Ive only been able to import my Steam games, but its a lot of work to get everything in it perfect.
>>
>>3474082
http://openemu.org
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.