[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you will never be as good at retro games as Billy Mitchell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 6

File: billy-pac.jpg (19KB, 300x298px) Image search: [Google]
billy-pac.jpg
19KB, 300x298px
>tfw you will never be as good at retro games as Billy Mitchell
>>
That's fine, I'm not a competitive person outside of playing with friends and stuff. I don't take it seriously.

Anybody tried his chili sauce?
>>
Is this a raid?
>>
How good is he at Japanese quiz games?
>>
>>3472484
I bet I could beat him at a random title he didn't train on for competition.

I have a real job though so maybe not.
>>
>>3472484
Okay.
>>
Early arcade games are boring as fuck. It's just the same screen or handfull of screens over and over. I need more variety.
>>
Can he get Shiori in Tokimeki Memorial?
>>
>>3472484
I probably could. He's too busy shilling his BBQ sauce these days.
>>
File: 220px-WalterDay.jpg (17KB, 220x293px) Image search: [Google]
220px-WalterDay.jpg
17KB, 220x293px
>>3472527
You just lack the skills required of games made before 1984. There's also no reason Billy couldn't be featured on a Wheaties box someday. His star is that bright.
>>
>>3472527
This. Gaming has evolved so much since the '80s. I doubt Billy could 1cc Battle Garegga or Alien vs. Predator.
>>
>>3472571

1ccs those games can't be compare to getting a perfect hi-score at Pac-Man.
Billy could get good at more modern games if he tries, after all he didn't start with video games, but with pinball.
>>
>>3472591
>1ccs those games can't be compare to getting a perfect hi-score at Pac-Man.
Yeah you're right because the WR in garegga held by Kamui is MUCH harder. Pacman has reached it's limits whilst Kamui has been drilling garegga for 15 years and still beating his own WR. BIllys achievement is great but it's not on par with top tier garegga.
>>
>>3472597

you said 1cc, not WR.
I think he could if he tried his best though. He obviously has the motor skills and is able to adapt to different games. I just don't think he cares at this point in his life, maybe if he was 215 or 20 years younger.
>>
>>3472597
>Pacman has reached it's limits

That's because it is a game with a predefined maximum amount of scores you can get. Oh, and it is a 15 years older game.

>whilst Kamui has been drilling garegga for 15 years

What a loser.
>>
>>3472571
Billy has top scores in Pac Man Championship Edition and DX IIRC.
>>
>>3472484

That's fine because he can't take a round off me in any fighting game or beat me in anything that isn't 15+ years old and doesn't require an emulator.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-09-03-17h40m38s457.jpg (53KB, 704x384px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-09-03-17h40m38s457.jpg
53KB, 704x384px
Billy?
>>
>>3472571
>Battle Garegga meme
Oh you poor people
I really wish you find happiness in life
>>
>>3472747
>doesn't require an emulator.

Nothing requires an emulator.
>>
>>3472571
>>3472597
You went from 1cc to WR, that's a big difference.
But yeah overall I would agree that a Garegga WR is definitely more complex than a Pac-Man perfect score
>>
>>3472781
Why do you think one of the best shooters of all time is a meme?
>>
>>3472484
I don't care if i'm not as good as Garret Bobby Ferguson. The online games I play competitively are third strike and vampire savior.
>>
>>3472785
this is accurate and it made me smirk, dunno why
>>
>>3472785
What about a hypothetical arcade board that've all been destroyed, and only the data exists as a ROM on computers?
>>
>>3472491
I bet you're one of the fags who were so butthurt about him being good you tried to tarnish his reputation with that bogus "documentary" King of Kong.
>>
>>3472487
Bought a bottle of their hottest stuff when they were at the Louisville Arcade Expo. Its some dope sauce. Was sad when I finished the bottle. Made me feel like a winner
>>
>>3473181
go to bed billy

nobody put a gun to your head and forced you to act like an asshole
>>
>>3473213

bout to buy a bottle online

his site is straight from 1998
>>
>>3472484
eh he's more "proto-retro"

retro games for me started in the 90s
>>
File: 1446214623570.jpg (51KB, 821x551px) Image search: [Google]
1446214623570.jpg
51KB, 821x551px
>>3473620
That's because you're underage
>>
>>3473620
>retro games for me started when gamestop started dumping 5th gen games to make room for 6th gen
>>
I bet I could beat him at Virtua Fighter 2.
>>
>>3472685
>What a loser.
Not as big a loser as someone who judges the lives of others and asserts a pre determined model of success that they never questioned as it was rammed into their simply head by western culture. You're the real fucking loser mate.
>>
>muh shumps
>muh fitan gaems

bait found its target pretty quickly huh
>>
>>3472597
Kamui is a grill and was 19 when she set the WR so probably wasn't drilling it herself for 15 years. Your point still stands tho
>>
>>3474464
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k_xkkKwQhk

Girl or trap?

Japanese girls have much higher voice pitch.
>>
>>3474504
fucking kek, that's a trap, the voice is really off and the jaw looks manly too
>>
>>3474464
>Your point still stands tho
Not really, Pac-man is a game played by millions and it still took almost twenty years for someone to get a perfect game, far more impressive than being the king (/queen lol) of some ultra-niche game, and speed records for a perfect Pac-man game are still being set as of a few years ago, so it still probably still hasn't been mastered to its utmost
>>
>>3472509
>Japanese quiz """""games"""""
>>
>>3472509
Hi, Arino.
>>
>>3472484

Unless you're Pete Hahn
>>
>>3473685
You're trying way too hard to fit in by pretending you like this old garbage.
>>
>>3475434
>Wow I really suck at galaga and donkey kong
>It must be the game's fault
>nobody likes this old garbage anyway!
>le epic 90s retro games are the REAL retro games

This board is 18+ kiddo
>>
>>3474464
>Kamui is a grill
Bull fucking shit. Preference doesn't change reality. Kamui is a fucking man and he should just accept the facts.
>>
>>3476779
This is not the board to argue this kinda stuff, grandpa
>>
>>3473620
>retro games for me started in the 90s

Get the fuck out.

Seriously. Get the fuck out. Get out of this board, get out of the internet and while you're at it get the fuck out of life.
>>
I don't even understand how one can "get good" at Pacman. The way a ghost turns is randomized, and if you get boxed in by two crossing the same path you are fucked.

I always played it by hanging near the sides where you could escape them and making short little trips to get pellets.
>>
>>3477063
They're not random, they have pre-determined AI patterns.
>>
>>3477063
>being this much of a scrub

Each ghost has their own predictable behaviors.
>>
>>3476701

If you played games in the 90's you'd easily be in your 20's now.
>>
>>3476946
No need to be angry friend.

Retro is pre 2000 according to this site, so yeah 90s - 2000s is a perfectly good definition of retro. before that everything is pretty low quality and/or arcadey. I prefer game with some depth and the ability to come back to them once you've made some progress.
>>
>>3477852
yeah lets say you're 8 years old in 1990. That makes you 34 today.
>>
>>3477063
It's not hard to manipulate the AI with practice.
>>
>>3472484
Stop telling yourself faggot or it will be true.
I bet you think modern games are hard.
Keep trying at what you love or shut the fuck up.
>>
File: 1473221059752.webm (2MB, 274x362px) Image search: [Google]
1473221059752.webm
2MB, 274x362px
>>3474504
obviously trap, women could never get this good at video games
>>
>>3474557
only retards and gajins play shit like pac-man "competitively", a pac-man perfect score is a fucking joke compared to most shmup WR
>>
Giant bearded face?
Or
Garret Bobby Ferguson
>>
Does Billy Mitchell have a livestream channel?
>>
>>3480392
honestly the ghost patterns are probably more difficult to learn at high levels than bullet hell

there gets a point where there are so many bullets ...that you just start memorizing the dead zones / empty space on the screen

looks more impressive than it actually is
>>
>>3480458
t. casual shitter who never seriously played a shmup, let alone for score

and since you are talking about mere survival, it doesn't get any easier than this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjFCmHybgwQ
>>
>>3480468
You're the shitter here if you ask me. A WR is a WR, no need to get elitist about it, especially since none of us here are in either of their leagues anways.
>>
>>3474557
>Pac-man is a game played by millions and it still took almost twenty years for someone to get a perfect game
That's true though
>>
>>3480475
>A WR is a WR
A Pac-Man "WR" is worthless because anyone can reach the same top score with minimum effort, at least other old games like Sinistar actually test your limits and has a proper WR.
>>
/vr/ should get a new rule that says you're only allowed to post here if you've actually gotten a counterstop in an arcade game.
>>
>>3476701
Sigh... there she goes again trying her hardest to fit in. Tis a shame she doesn't realize that's the exact type of attitude we here at /vr/ loathe with a passion.

>>>/v/

Stay there until you learn a lesson or two ok toots? Thanks.
>>
>>3472484
>American flag tie.
Good thing I'll never be this tasteless.
>>
>>3480491
I think they measure the WR by time to that point now.
>>
>>
>>3480520
>Sigh... there she goes again trying her hardest to fit in. Tis a shame she doesn't realize that's the exact type of attitude we here at /vr/ loathe with a passion.

You again with your "trying to fit in", you're some megaretard you know that? Trying to fit in is something middleschool kids talk about.

I'm not him, and I don't enjoy games from this era, but his post and style is totally normal and wanted here.
>>
>>3482363
That's just memerunning, you can speedrun literally everything, doesn't change that the score system is broken.
>>
>>3480520
Retro grandma doesn't need your validation, she's been here since the day the board was started.
>>
>>3482519
>the score system
>rank manipulation 2deep4uuuu
captivating yarn, chum

>>3480491
>A Pac-Man "WR" is worthless because anyone can reach the same top score with minimum effort,
>anyone
>six people

Billy holds/has held the WRs in other games as well, so whatever

Also,

>HURR DURR PATTERNS

Billy played freestyle when he played the first perfect game
>>
>>3472484
I will never be as colossal a douche as him so a fair trade off.

>>3474097
>safe space trigger warning spew about calling others a loser
>calls others a loser
top kek kid
>>
>>3480372
>babby's first bullet hell
>>
>>3472484
I can live with being a better person than him.
>>
>>3484891
garegga isn't a bullet hell you ignorant cunt
>>
>>3487621
Maybe for him it is. Maybe he's so casual pong is bullet hell.
>>
How autistic do you have to be to get to the end of Pac-Man?
>>
>>3491083
Not much using these silly routes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjFCmHybgwQ
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.