[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /vr/ think of Tim follin?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (36KB, 496x434px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 496x434px
What does /vr/ think of Tim follin?
>>
Who
>>
>>3472435
You're a nobody Tim
>>
What would you think of me knocking your teeth down your neck?
>>
>>3472435
Pretty based, honestly. Plok, TimeTrax, Solstice, Ghouls and Ghosts, and Pictionary all sound great.
>>
>>3472435
DUDE
ARPEGGIOS
LMAO
>>
I think he's good but /vr/ probably hates him just to contradict popular opinion.
>>
I like some of his stuff but he seems to hate video games and his composing kinds of reflects that, half the time it's competing for attention.
>>
>>3472435

The only good thing about Spider-Man/X-Men: Arcade's Revenge.

And pretty much every other LJN game he worked on.
>>
>>3472474
DUDE
CHORDS
LMAO

what the fuck are you talking about fucking idiot.
I'm going to find you and kill you motherfucker
Fuck you I hate you
>>
>>3472595
Language
>>
>>3472595
He's right. The dude tries too hard to copy prog rock but always falls short. And all his music sounds the same.
>>
Ok guise so is this bum just another clown or anunderrated genius?
>>
None of his 80s soundtracks fit their games. In the 90s, he learned to tone the arpeggio shit down to match whatever he worked on, but no one cares about his Equinox soundtrack.

He has an FMV game on Steam. It's pretty good, but it got ignored, because again, he's not going to soundtrack a serious detective game with prog.
>>
Is this a new le hidden gem discovery someone posted on /v/ recently?
>>
>>3472718
Equinox ost is bloody amazing.
>>
Amazing composer for shitty/mediocre games. He's alright in my book, time trax, silver surfer and plok might be his best pieces
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXFd6M_6Nto
>>
I used to think of him as style over substance, but I've come to appreciate him as of lately, he's no Huelsbeck but he's alright.
>>
You know, there really seem to be a sizable amount of people who play retro games almost entirely for the music and I think we should bully those people.
>>
>>3472435
Follin is god-tier, he's the best.
>>
File: ea_tng25_darmok.jpg (29KB, 400x325px)
ea_tng25_darmok.jpg
29KB, 400x325px
>tfw you realize professor x was a pioneer in early video composition
>>
>>3472435
A hack that people only like because they can't tell the difference between actual music and a shitload of blips and bloops played at once.

Jk I love him and you too.
>>
>>3472435
overrated guy but leave it to 4chan to misunderstand "overrated" as "fucking garbage"
I prefer Jereon Tel, but Follin is pretty dam good, anything who thinks otherwise is probably some contrarian ass.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1AeBgalFZk&index=18&list=LLR1UFVrBU5C-I91fKF32PkA
>>
Shit tier composer who made shit tier music with a shit tier fanbase.
>>
>>3473119
with shit-tier haters
>>
he is good for gaijin standards but that's it
>>
>>3472435

He's a good composer, even if he's indifferent to video games. I particularly enjoyed Ghouls and Ghosts and Rock n Roll Racing soundtracks. Plok is good too.
>>
dude is some kind of magician
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ODKKILZiYY
>>
>>3472963
What's wrong with you

>I'm not familiar with this popular /vr/ composer so I'm going to shitpost to feel better about myself!
>>
>>3472435
equinox ost was amazing
>>
Too much fart wave arpeggios for me
>>
he is a god
>>
>>3477613
Name five (5) works that make this man a a god.
>>
>>3474919
Never really heard him mentioned here before and I noticed him popping up in "God tier" composers recently on /V/ there every time I take a gander there. Then again, I dont pay attention to game composers either so it was more of a shitshot.
>>
>>3477639
All the music in Plok, Time Trax, Silver Surfer, Solstice, Bionic Commando (C64), LED Storm (Amiga), Pictionary (NES), Spider-Man and the X-Men, etc.
>>
File: da best chiptune.gif (26KB, 100x100px)
da best chiptune.gif
26KB, 100x100px
His music on 8-bit machines was weird, but he got really good afterwards.
>>
File: 84519784.jpg (626KB, 1525x1946px)
84519784.jpg
626KB, 1525x1946px
>>3472435
>he wears a vest
>>
>>3472435
Had no idea Professor X was a composer.
>>
he made some amazing music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtkYWrl-bVA
>>
when I was a kid, my family rented Arcade's Revenge for the Genesis

after playing for fifteen minutes, we realized it was dogshit and that it was a bad pick

but over those three days I kept on resetting the genesis to hear the title music, which sounded kinda like an electric guitar

supposedly follin didn't handle porting the music to ym2612, so in retrospect it kinda sounds crappy

but still, I could tell this music was special
>>
>>3472435
He looks like Egoraptor, except he's better than Egoraptor because he's actually done something with his life.
>>
>Wise cited Koji Kondo's music for the Mario and Zelda games, Tim and Geoff Follin's music for Plok, and a lot of rock and dance music released that same decade as influences in creator the music for Donkey Kong Country.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.