[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Team orders. What other racing games had them?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: whip_005.png.jpg (223KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
whip_005.png.jpg
223KB, 640x480px
Team orders. What other racing games had them?
>>
Which of those gave the team driver AI the ability to refuse an order, if they saw a better opportunity?
>>
Wow I had no idea team orders were even a feature in games, am curious
>>
>>3472229
The grid consists of 2 drivers per team, so you have a team mate in the race. With a bunch of hot keys you can give them orders like go for the line, take out an opponent, cover me, and so on. The AI responds via radio either affirmative or negative. If negative, they usually say why. For example if you tell your team mate to take out someone else, they may respond with "No can do, I'm going for the line"
>>
>>3472241
Holy shit, I used to have Fatal Racing and I thought the team chatter was just background audio. I had no idea you could interact with the teammate, that's awesome.
>>
File: mission.webm (3MB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
mission.webm
3MB, 320x200px
the drivers in Fatal Racing not only could follow/decline team orders, they also had personalities

they would play a certain strategy depending on the team and their current position

they would hold grudges after someone attacks them and take revenge

some drivers (especially Bob) would just turn around and go for a head-on collision just to fuck up the race for others
>>
File: vs Robby (1).webm (3MB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
vs Robby (1).webm
3MB, 320x200px
>just racin, mate
>>
File: vs Robby (3).webm (3MB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
vs Robby (3).webm
3MB, 320x200px
>FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU
>>
File: RC_Pro_AM_NES_ScreenShot3.jpg (26KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
RC_Pro_AM_NES_ScreenShot3.jpg
26KB, 256x224px
>>3473807
Speaking of personality, there's this orange car
>>
>>3473814
almost 80mph in RC cars? I don't see that going well
>>
>>3473810
it's like retro GTA V stunt racing
>>
>>3472145
Any modern F1 race.
Thats why I stopped watching
>>
>>3473951
if team orders are openly acknowledged and part of the game, they can be entertaining. F1 pretends to be about individuals, which makes team orders dishonest and underhanded tactics
>>
>>3473951
Team orders are illegal in theory, it was the early 00s when they were rampant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u7EEdscVJI
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.