[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ps1 emulator

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: ps1.jpg (263KB, 1280x587px) Image search: [Google]
ps1.jpg
263KB, 1280x587px
So I have a Ps1 but I only have 2 games for it. I don't have the money to go out and by games for it. Would you suggest that I use an emulator? I prefer to play the games on the original hardware.
>>
Mod it.
>>
dont mod it, use PS-IO
>>
Emulate and enjoy improvements such as PGXP.
>>
>>3470095

Is PSIO good yet?
>>
>>3470034
there is a trick to launch pirates by swapping discs between original and copy.
google it although i doubt it good for psx health
>>
>>3470161
No.
>>
>>3470095
You still have to solder shit to the board, might as well just get a modchip for ~$20 and save $100.
>>
>>3470243
Why not, please elaborate
>>
>>3470034
The modchip for the original PS is like 3€.
>>
>>3470245
But the laser will no longer bother you
>>
>>3470245
>modchip for ~$20
See
>>3470293
>>
>>3470293
More like $0.5 if you can build a serial port flasher to make your own.
>>
>>3470290
It seems nigh impossible to get, for one, and if you do find it for sale then it's way too expensive for the little benefits it gives you. It's still cheaper to just modchip it and replace the laser for a new one.
>>
>>3470293

The chips themselves can be bought for $1.50 (less in quantity) if you get a $15 programmer (or $2 ish in parts if you still have a PC with a serial port).

Plus this way you can buy all the parts on ebay with paypal and don't need to give your credit card away to shady dudes on weird sites.

Occasionally you can find pre-flashed mm3 chips on ebay, but they tend to get taken down since they're against ebay rules.

>>3470034
Honestly OP I get the feeling you're pretty dumb and couldn't handle the install/probably don't have a soldering iron anyways.

Use ePSXe and a dual shock 3
>>
>get mednafen
>get a frontend if you're commandline-stupid
>enjoy real ps1 without having to deal with ancient glitchy as fuck hardware
>>
Xebra if you don't need any enhancements.
>>
>>3474907
Not very popular, but I'll give it my +1, my main choice if I want accuracy.
>>
Save up and get a PSIO

Until then, emulate
>>
>>3473286

How is modding a replacement for running games directly from a flash card?
>>
>>3474907
Might as well use mednafen since it's still actively developed.
>>
>>3474935
>psio
>not a mod
see other people can be smart asses too
>>
>>3470034
if you have a ps2, look into POPS rev 13
PS2 needs to be at least soft modded tho
>>
>>3470295
>>3470293
Well sheeit, they've really come down a lot.
>>
>>3470034
What sorts of games are you looking to play?
>>
>>3470034
yeah just use an emulator. Emulating PS1 is better than playing on real hardware in my experience as you don't have to deal with fps drops if you have a decent computer, can fast forward/use cheats in grindy JRPG's, and do some decent upscaling if you're into that.

you can get a USB adapter for your controller if you like.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.