[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Saturn?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: saturn.jpg (2MB, 3980x2280px) Image search: [Google]
saturn.jpg
2MB, 3980x2280px
Just got Pseudo installed on my Saturn & I've got 8 discs. Can someone do me up a list of worthwhile games? Radiant Silvergun and SF Alpha 3 both look great, but what else should I be looking into?
>>
File: ps7.png (82KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ps7.png
82KB, 640x480px
Do yourself a favor and play Powerslave/Exhumed. Saturn version is the best, too.

If you're into survival horror, Deep Fear and Enemy Zero.
>>
Machi
Neon Genesis Evangelion: 2nd Impression
Devil Summoner
Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
Sakura Wars
Sakura Wars 2
Super Robot Wars F
Super Robot Wars F Final
>>
>>3469814
Will do, heard a lot about this. Impressive visuals for the saturn too.

Now I've heard of Deep Fear; its like underwater Resi right? Enemy Zero looks hard as shit but I'm all for good horror stuff if its proper spoopy.

Keep 'em coming dudes
>>
Guardian Heroes
Silhouette Mirage
Elevator Action Returns
Vampire Savior
>>
>>3469835
Aye I remember Guardian Heroes, blew my mind when I was a wee lad, but then I got a PS1 and forgot all about it!

Played Vampire Savior briefly, loved it. Will defo burn off a copy. Not familiar with the others but will check 'em out. Thanks
>>
File: alphav4.jpg (1MB, 1093x4140px) Image search: [Google]
alphav4.jpg
1MB, 1093x4140px
>>
>>3469827
Yeah, Deep Fear takes place in some kind of underwater base. It's nothing exceptional, not really spooky and has easy difficulty, but it's really good technically speaking. If you're into RE, give it a try.

Enemy Zero is hardcore, not for everyone. Enemies ARE invisible after all, and the puzzles take some thinking.

>>3469891
Huugh the Saturn ports of Alone In The Dark are terrible. The loading times between camera angles are atrocious, worst I've seen of its kind.

But yeah, if OP is interested in multiplats, Resident Evil and Castlevania; Symphony Of The Night are my favourite versions on Saturn.

Also Duke Nukem 3D and Quake's Saturn versions are interesting. Made by the same devs as Powerslave/Exhumed, in the same engine, they show what the Saturn could do in terms of 3D if you actually tried.
>>
>>3469961
I mean it's still a fun game no matter where you play it but SOTN on the Saturn is very inferior to the PS1 version. Unless those extra couple of areas and playing with Maria really interest you, but honestly the extra areas are really shit to begin with, don't know why they even bothered doing them since there was no effort put into them.
Sometimes I wonder if they're actually extra levels or something that was cut out of the original ps1 sotn because they were just shit, but somehow they kept it in the Saturn.

Again, I know that people get a little crazy with this discussion surrounding the Saturn port, but I just like to make it clear that no matter where you play it, it's still a good game, but I really can't see the argument in which the Saturn port could ever be the better one.
>>
>>3469970
Personally I love the new areas, and the new items and weapons. New graphics, new enemies, new music, what is there to complain about?

In the reverse castle, you get double-tap running, that alone makes the game twice as fun.

The cons of the Saturn version never bothered. The lack of transparency matters only for a couple of screens and what they did instead doesn't look that bad. The loading times really aren't that much trouble and are generally exegerated on. Anyone playing CD games from that era should be used to loading times like that, it's the equivalent of what you get in Resident Evil when you open the inventory or switch camera angle.
>>
>>3469993
Honestly what bothers me the most is none of that but the repeated horizontal pixels since the saturn couldn't match the smaller PS1 resolution.
It's not even just the backgrounds, even the character sprites have it
And to be fair you hardly even notice it until someone points it out to you, at which point it's like giving you a curse
>>
Don't play Street Fighter Alpha 3, play Street Fighter Alpha 2.

Alpha 3 is garbage.
>>
>>3469961
What also makes Enemy Zero hardcore is the fact there is map and everything looks the same when moving around.
>>
Here are my favorites:
Nights Into Dreams
DoDonPachi
Dragon Force
Elevator Action Returns
Sonic Jam
Legend of Oasis
Metal Slug if you don't have a Neo-Geo
Megaman X4
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.