[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which was the better game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: BanjoKazooie-BanjoTooie.jpg (53KB, 400x178px) Image search: [Google]
BanjoKazooie-BanjoTooie.jpg
53KB, 400x178px
Which was the better game?
>>
conkers
>>
>>3469303
BANjO-
-KAZOOiEâ„¢
>>
>playing yurotrash
Enjoy your PAL garbage, you limey bucktooth bitches.
>>
Conker > Kazooie > Tooie > DK64

All of them are bad compared to DKC, though.
>>
>>3469375
This entirely
>>
>>3469303
Kazooie, by far. There's a lot to like about Tooie--I love its sense of humor and the concepts behind the levels--but in terms of general design it's kind of a mess. There's too much emphasis on novelty minigames. I do like the inclusion of more and better-developed bosses, though.
>>
File: HOOKERHANDS.png (392KB, 900x481px) Image search: [Google]
HOOKERHANDS.png
392KB, 900x481px
>>3469303
Tooie, they're both great but I always found the additional moves and whatnot from Tooie more fun to use.
>>
Tooie bored me fuck crazy and I never finished.

Also, this: >>3469375

The first area with the jungle in DK64 is enjoyable, but after that I get bored
>>
>>3469303
Kazooie, because each world was mostly self-contained, meaning it was possible to collect every jiggy in most worlds before even unlocking the next.

Tooie does beat out Kazooie on Note collecting, though.
>>
>>3473634
>Tooie does beat out Kazooie on Note collecting, though.
I'm not really sure that I agree with this. While there are fewer notes to collect in Tooie, I appreciated their function in Kazooie more, namely how they gave the player incentive to explore the entirety of the level in order to unlock more of Gruntilda's Lair and ultimately more levels. But in Tooie, they were used to learn new player abilities, which were previously free for the player and were also the reward for exploration, but now are only accessible if the player has the right amount of notes. I get that Tooie is meant to be less linear and more of an exploration / adventure type game, but that's just one of the many things working against the player to prevent them from getting immediate access to something.
>>
Tooie was sparsly populated and required a lot of trekking around. While the levels were huge and amazing, if you spend too much time traversing a game's world without doing anything then it gets boring. This is somethign the devs found out too late by the time they were making Banjo-Threeie and re-tooled their world for a racing game.

Banjo-Kazooie is my winner, but Tooie holds up well despite the less interesting worlds.
>>
Tooie falls down due to a few things.
>backtracking
>reliance on recycled mini games
>levels being too big with too few landmarks (Terrydactyl Land, Jolly Roger's Lagoon)
>recycled boss battles
>lackluster transformations (T-Rex, Washing Machine, Bee)

That being said, the music is better in Tooie, particularly in Grunty Industries and Cloud Cuckoo Land.
>>
>>3469303
I'm playing Tooie right now for the first time and I'm finding it way better than Kazooie so far, I'm in Witchyworld btw.

anyone who complains about the backtracking is literally retarded because I'm pretty sure it is completely optional.
>>
>>3469303
Croc
>>
>>3475918
trust me, I love tooie but they might as well have called it backtrack-kazooie
>>
>backtracking in Metroid
>wow genius best game of all time 10/10 goat

>backtracking in anything else
>aged like shit overhyped garbage a fucking chore
>>
>>3476003
In case you're just an idiot, it's not backtracking that's the issue. It's backtracking with few obstacles. If B-T had more in it's world like enemies, platforms or stuff that had you doing more than just walking back and forth.
>>
>>3476024
But anon, if there were more obstacles it would just be a bigger chore!
>>
>>3476024
Fucking retard...
>>
>>3476025
His point is that the levels in Banjo-Tooie aren't engaging enough such that each pass through them is fun on its own rights. Metroid games do well on this by structuring events within rooms and breaking up the world into segments populated with enemies and obstacles. Tooie just has a ton of empty space.
>>
BT is better Both games have the same amount of content, but Tooie is needlessly padded out with backtracking which only serves to double the time required to complete it.
>>
>>3469303
While my personal favorite is Tooie for basically being a 3d-platfroming metroidvania, Kazooie is the least offensive and arguably the "better" game.
Tooie has the faults pointed out in >>3475850 although I love that every world has a boss battle, while with Kazooie you just have a good, solid game.

Tooie does however have a great sense of inter-connectivity between the worlds and the hub world, and it's hard to explain how neat it feels to exit one world that opens up into a previous level, or having to ride the train into Grunty Industries.
There's other times though when do a bunch of shit to open up one pathway and in the end you just get the same damn minigame you got last time, it would have been much better to offer up a simple platforming challenge at the end of it.
Like, the very base act of exploration is done well, but the places that you explore and the pay off you get is lackluster.

I do think that a more fleshed out and polished Tooie would be GOAT though, and it pains me they didn't get to finish things like Cauldron Keep.
Grunty Industries is the best world in both games combined by the way
>>
>>3469303
Donkey Kong 64
>>
I like Tooie more myself since it adds so much new content to the series, they're both 10/10's to me though.
>>
>>3480040
Good joke
>>
I think I had more fun with Kazooie.
>>
>>3469303
Kazooie.
Also i felt banjo kazooie was better than conkers
>>
They both have their ups and downs. Tooie had more content though, but some of it was bad like too many gay mini games.
>>
>>3469303
Tooie was a massive experiment and a precursor to later massive scale adventure games, but it was let down by a terrible framerate, empty levels and an attempt to crack down on collectathon symptoms accidentally leading to long fetch quests instead. It's a phenomenal game though.

Kazooie was a more concise and simpler game, but in many ways is all the better for it. I personally prefer Tooie just because it was so damn elaborate, with all the moves from the first game already unlocked.

Seriously what other games do that?
>>
>>3469303
>better
Huh, someone else on this board who actually knows what grammar is. It's refreshing to see this instead of the usual underages and morons using "best" when comparing only two things.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.