[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PSA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

File: coi.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
coi.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
If anyone's interested: the remake of the classic Castle of Illusion is now heavily discounted on Steam (1.94 euro in Europe) and most platforms. It disappears from all the digital platforms forever sometime tomorrow, as Sega probably didn't renew the license, so it's the last chance to get it. It's also the last game to be made by Sega of Australia before the studio's closure.
>>
>>3468269
Not /vr/
>>
>>3468292
You are allowed to talk about remakes of classic games on /vr/ though, at least that's what I heard here many times
>>
I got it already.
Nice underrated game, unlike the shitty Ducktales remake.
>>
Bagged. Op is a gentleman and a scholar.
>>
Sad bump.
>>
>>3468269
Umm, I don't know. But for 1,94 euros it might be worth getting.
>>
>>3468269
It's already gone on PSN. I bought it just recently when it was on sale for like $3 or something.
>>
Thanks OP.
>>
TFW when I have both the original and remake
>>
>>3468269
Thanks for this. I've been ignoring it because my hardware's too shitty, but I do want to play it when I upgrade.
>>
>>3468269
Bought on Steam and PSN

it's a fucking stellar platformer
>>
bump for others to see
>>
>>3468771

>bumping a thread on a slow as hell board

stop. just stop.
>>
>>3468772
I'm alright with extra bumping this time since the game is about to vanish and this might be the last chance for a lot of people to get it.
>>
The fact that this game is vanishing from digital distribution is an atrocity against mankind.

Steam needs to enact a policy where if a game is on Steam, it STAYS on Steam unless there is serious law breaking going on (stolen assets, fraud, shit like that). Considering they're the biggest PC distributor by a landslide they have the power to do that.
>>
Thanks OP, just bought it, I was lucky enough to have just the exact ammount of money on my steam wallet.
>>
>>3468269
Thanks for letting this know. I really enjoyed the original, but kept off from playing the remake for some reason. Gonna play it now!
>>
>>3468772
here's a bump just for you
>>
>>3469354
I'll give another bump too. This is important.
>>
Well seems like it's only 4 hours till it's gone. Rest in peace.
>>
Thanks for the PSA, OP. Bought it. Such a shame to see games disappear from distribution services like this - kind of nice that it got so heavily discounted right before it vanished, though.
>>
With 1 hour left, this is the last bump from me.
>>
Thanks for the headsup, OP.
Snatchered up two copies.
>>
~45 minutes left
>>
I wonder if you buy it as a gift it stays in your inventory after the delisting. Would be interesting if so.
>>
big fan of the original but honestly, how is the gameplay on this? I'm wary of 2.5d/3d remakes because the physics is usually wonky or just kinda lacks that tight platforming feel.

I know it's only $3 but I have the original sitting on my shelf, what's cool about this version?
>>
>>3469904
It should, you've paid for it after all, and removal would be grounds for a count case.
>>
>>3469906
I'd say it's a well done game that retains the classic charm of the original. Platforming is good for me and if you're a fan of the original I'd say it's worth a try. It's not like you lose a lot of money if you don't like it.
>>
>>3468772
Bump
>>
TEN MINUTES REMAINING
>>
>>3468269
I got it, whatever, I don't even like Disney. I hope it's at least decent.
>>
Aaaaand it's gone. Such is the reality of digital only gaming. Good night sweet prince.
>>
File: Aaaand it's gone.png (211KB, 485x272px) Image search: [Google]
Aaaand it's gone.png
211KB, 485x272px
I bought a copy and gifted a copy to two of my friends.
>>
>>3469969
More like the reality of Disney.
>>
Can confirm that the second copy I bought is still in my inventory.
>>
IF ONLY THERE WAS A WAY TO COPY GAMES ON A PERSONAL COMPUTER AND DOWNLOAD THEM WITH INTERNET CONNECTIONS
>>
>>3469991
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy7ZBX9BTUA
>>
>>3469909
>going to court over two dollars and twenty-four cents
>>
>>3469986
And Sega
>>
>>3470003
It's officially abandonware.
>>
>>3470007
It's the principle.
>>
Shit, I should've bought it when I had the chance.
>>
It's free on Amazon Underground, but that's the Android version, not really with money at the moment, is it really that much better on PC?
>>
Oh hey the game is gone so nevermind.

Still tho, the amazon android port is still there, not sure if it's the same, but worth keeping in mind.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.