[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are some must have snes games that aren't from nintendo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: dr grant.png (30KB, 486x382px) Image search: [Google]
dr grant.png
30KB, 486x382px
what are some must have snes games that aren't from nintendo
>>
Sure isn't the OP
>>
If you make blanket requests you will just get blanket responses you may as well get from Google and the like.
>>
>>3465896
This. Everyone has different must have games. I thought the one in OP's was hot trash but he probably liked it.
>>
>>3465891
I cant think of shit
All my super nintendo games are 1st party
>>
>>3465896
>>3465902
>lets just get rid of 4chan: the post
>>
Super Guitar Hero
>>
>>3465917
If "What game is good?" is all 4chan is useful for than it should be removed.
>>
>>3465927
How did you get that from my post? Seriously, some of the best threads are "is _____ good" "what are some good ____" because you get a mix of opinions and then get gather from that. Getting a list from some random dude blog site isn't as helpful and isn't a room for discussion.

Think.
>>
>>3465929
>Getting a list from some random dude blog site isn't as helpful and isn't a room for discussion.
But it would be a start.
The op has giving us nothing to discuss except for 1. SNES and 2. No Nintendo, that's far to many games to consider.
There are no genres or contents mentioned, nothing on what he already played or what handicaps he has etc.
If you like these threads anyway you should try /wsr/ instead.
>>
>>3465935
It would be a start, yes. I mean, I don't think it's too many games to consider.

>never been on /wsr/
>>
dragon the bruce lee story
>>
>>3465942
By a manner of fact I never went to /wsr/ until your post.

There was a thread called.

How do people do this?

H e l p

An a picture of a random anime girl with doritos.
>>
>>3465891
Sonic 4
>>
>>3465917
There's a reason why most boards have the rule to not spoonfeed, this is no exception.

OT: Link to the Past and Super Mario World. There you go, it's all you'll ever need on it.
>>
>>3465896
Why would I Google for pleb and normalfags shit taste when I could ask the patrician experts of /vr/?
>>
>>3466149
>There's a reason why most boards have the rule to not spoonfeed
I thought that was just /a/, those rambunctious rascals.

Anyways,
>Brain Lord
>Contra 3
>Super Star Wars
>the SNES FFs
>Uniracers

Just to name a few.
>>
Plok
>>
Smegma Man X
>>
>>3465891
Check the wiki, dickhead.
>>
dude

there are a lot

like, a lot

if you were asking for n64 i would understand

but you're not

so fuck off
>>
File: snes80.png (223KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
snes80.png
223KB, 400x300px
>>3465891
Super Turrican from Factor 5

The game has fucking Dolby Surround bitch!
>>
>>3465891
A flash cart. If you're a SNES rookie, all the premier titles are expensive as shit now so pay $150 for the flash cart and save yourself some time and money.
>>
>>3466536
Do special chip games work yet
>>
>>3466558
Last I checked no, I doubt they will be for sometime if ever. I would imagine they can come up with a way you can destroy old carts by taking the chips from them and soldering them to the flash cart, but that might be kind of lame, destroy one game so you can play 7 more you probably won't enjoy enough to play again.

I actually just checked the sd2snes page,

Only games that are well known (aside from Doom which has many better ports and remakes you could play) are the kirby games, Mario world 2 and 7 stars, and star fox. They're a little more on the pricey side to buy, but a lot of people own at least 1 of them already. Otherwise it's just mostly sports games and some Japanese games.

It sucks, but there's more than enough compatible games to keep you playing.

But they added a new page for hook compatability issues, where some games don't run right.

It's easy to find with Google if you're interested.
>>
>>3466160
You mean there's a difference?
>>
File: 1394834351200.png (114KB, 531x308px) Image search: [Google]
1394834351200.png
114KB, 531x308px
>>3466210
>brain lord
>buggy hit detection
>slowdown with certain familiars
>fall through a platform that I clearly landed right on

Yeha, no thank you
>>
>>3466596

It wouldn't be practical. You can't just shove the SA-1, the Super FX 1 and 2 chips, and the CX4 onto the same cartridge.
>>
>>3465891
>>3465891

Fuck that game. I got all the eggs except for the one in NW corner of map which I couldnt figure out. You couldnt save so I left it on and my mom turned the SNES off. Ragequit
>>
>>3466531
By that logic, Vortex for the SNES is just as much of a must-play.
>>
File: what time is it.jpg (16KB, 418x235px) Image search: [Google]
what time is it.jpg
16KB, 418x235px
>>3465891

Guess it's Plok O'clock.
>>
>>3466210
>/a/, those rambunctious rascals
>implying /a/ alone decides the rules for all the other boards

You'd better rusing me big time cause if you're actually serious, I feel bad for you.
>>
Natsume was at their prime in the SNES days. Wild Guns, Ninja Warriors, Gundam Wing Endless Duel, all great games.

>>3466596
You could always just emulate the games that don't work on flash carts.
>>
>>3465927
4chan is useful???
>>
>>3465891
Secret of Mana
Secret of Evermore
>>
>>3466835
Nah, it wouldn't be practical but I never said it would be. It'd be possible though, with a cart the size of a super gameboy to physically fit them. There would have to be a way to effectively disable and remove the chips from the circuit until a certain rom is loaded. I'd imagine that would be the easiest part of the whole endeavor if the rest was figured out. But still, someone would end up destroying a copy of star fox to be able to play star fox, basically. I think it ultimately would be asinine.

All I was intending to say with my post was that we'll more likely get something like that before someone figures out how to make them work through software or by mimicking hardware in a flash cart. I don't think we'll likely see either.

>>3467754
Absolutely, emulation is always an option, but someone willing to spend the money on a flash cart probably wouldn't mind also buying a couple more cartridges to be able to play the games they like on the original hardware. Different strokes, it's ultimately more about enjoying the games than the way you play them.
>>
File: 30327822_p0.jpg (192KB, 1200x1360px) Image search: [Google]
30327822_p0.jpg
192KB, 1200x1360px
>>3465891
Here's some that weren't already mentioned

ActRaiser
Aero Fighters
Aladdin
Assault Suits Valken (Cybernator)
Arkanoid: Doh It Again
Axelay
Bahamut Lagoon (FanTran)
Battletoads in Battlemaniacs
Battletoads & Double Dragon
BioMetal
Blackthorne
Breath of Fire
Breath of Fire II
Chaos Seed (FanTran)
Chrono Trigger
Clock Tower (FanTran)
Demon's Crest
Dragon Quest III: Into the Legend (FanTran)
Dragon Quest V: Bride of Heaven (FanTran)
E.V.O.: Search for Eden
Emerald Dragon (FanTran)
Energy Breaker (FanTran)
Final Fight
Final Fight 2
Final Fight 3
Front Mission (FanTran)
Front Mission: Gun Hazard (FanTran)
Gokujo Parodius ~Kako no Eiko o Motomete~ (Fantastic Parodius ~Pursue the Glory of the Past~)
Goof Troop (Co-op recommended)
Gunple: Gunman’s Proof (FanTran)
Hagane: The Final Conflict
Harvest Moon
Jikkyō Oshaberi Parodius (Chatting Parodius Live)
Joe & Mac
Joe & Mac 2: Lost in the Tropics
Knights of the Round
Live A Live (FanTran)
Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals
Metal Max Returns (FanTran)
Metal Warriors
Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen
Parodius da! ~Shinwa Kara Owarai e~ (Parodius! ~From Myth to Laughter~)
Pocky & Rocky
Pocky & Rocky 2
Pop'n TwinBee
Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon - Another Story (FanTran)
R-Type III: The Third Lightning
Return of Double Dragon (Super Double Dragon) (Imp)
Rock n' Roll Racing
Run Saber
Seiken Densetsu 3 (FanTran)
Shin Nekketsu Kōha Kunio-kun: Kunio Tachi no Banka (FanTran)
Soul Blazer
Star Ocean (FanTran)
Super Aleste (Space Megaforce)
Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Scrambled Valkyrie (Imp)
Super Fire Pro Wrestling: Queen's Special (FanTran)
Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium (FanTran)
Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
Tales of Phantasia (FanTran)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time
The Firemen (Imp)
The Legend of the Mystical Ninja
Treasure of the Rudras (Rudra no Hihō) (FanTran)
Treasure Hunter G (FanTran)
True Lies
Umihara Kawase (Imp)
Zombies Ate My Neighbors
>>
>>3465917
You have a pathetically limited scope of what can be talked about.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.