[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best and easiest to setup X86000-emulator?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

File: Sharp_X68000.jpg (12KB, 304x326px) Image search: [Google]
Sharp_X68000.jpg
12KB, 304x326px
What's the best and easiest to setup X86000-emulator?
>>
>>3462634
WinX68K High Speed is easier to set up and start playing with, but XM6 type-G is more accurate and only a bit less easy to use (albeit region-locked).

XM6 type-G w/English crack: https://mega.nz/#!AoQHgTpC!GfNmII1hWo2XYyBuP66PIoqdFkEaBkXqcXsfrl6GW8Y
>>
>>3463007
>(albeit region-locked)
hasn't been for the past 4 years or so

source: am using the latest version of xm6
>>
>>3463030
I heard on NFGForums that the programmer behind XM6 type-G locked it, and I tried the release pack hosted on his website...wouldn't start on my PC. I've got Windows 7 set to Japanese locale, not sure what's holding me back.
>>
>>3463032
are you using the latest version from here?

http://www.geocities.jp/kugimoto0715/uploads/

it's unlocked (at least for me)

it's in japanese but outside of that it werks
>>
File: XM6 startup error.png (4KB, 237x120px) Image search: [Google]
XM6 startup error.png
4KB, 237x120px
>>3463037
Still getting blocked. I can deal with Japanese menus, just need to know how I might trick this into working. Apparently the emulator programmer split the old SRAM.dat into separate components, that might be tripping me up.
>>
>>3464091
>http://www.geocities.jp/kugimoto0715/uploads/

"I stopped to support English resources."

Maybe that explains a bit on the matter?

Downgrade your version then?
>>
>>3464091
I just tried the english version on mega and it runs fine, while the jap version says it only supports jap versions of windows >I think there's a way to trick the emulator to run in a jap like environment without using Virtual machine.
>>
>>3464091
http://www.wentoday.com/running-non-english-software-on-your-english-version-of-windows-7-or-others/

I hope this helps you.
>>
>>3464091
http://emulation-general.wikia.com/wiki/XM6_TypeG

Seems you can remove region lock with hex editors.

nfggames.com/forum2/index.php?topic=5000.0
>>
>>3464091
>virtual machine can't be initialized
Have you tried adding the necessary ROMs to the folder?
>>
File: Got it running.png (26KB, 839x658px) Image search: [Google]
Got it running.png
26KB, 839x658px
>>3464571
In my case I got it running, ignore the green lines that's my comodo sandbox, and I don't have it on jap region, we could defenetly use a translation.

I used the rom files for 2.05 translation and it ran flawlessly.

cgrom.dat
iplrom.dat
SRAM.DAT

I'll post more info later.
>>
>>3464613
Translation of what?
ファイル - File
表示 - Display
デバッグ - Debug
ツール - Tool
ウィンドウ - Windows
ヘルプ - Help
バージョン情報 - Version Information
>>
>>3464623
Of every single menu, switch, settings and etc?

In theory we can borrow from the 2.05 translation and edit it into the new one to fully re-translate it.
>>
File: never mind.png (23KB, 824x643px) Image search: [Google]
never mind.png
23KB, 824x643px
>>3464623
Okay, I retreat my original idea od 2.95,

3.13 has a full translation and a japanese switch (disabled on english windows)
>>
Thanks for the responses guys. Latest x64 version works for me. I was being lazy and forgot to copy the files from my previous XM6TG folder. And I also need to get the v4 HDD from NFG working again, since it stopped booting for me a while ago.

>>3464648
Does 3.13 L40 come with English translation ready to go?
>>
>>3464650
I'm looking for an archive of 3.21 scouring the net, do you have 3.21 L40 by any chance?

Well, I got the archive from somewhere and it seems it does, do you want the link for it?
>>
>>3464662
I would greatly appreciate a link.
>>
>>3464709
Indeed, welcome:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7129mhncc3jfnen/EmuCR-xm6_typeg_313L40_20141124.zip

It was a pain to find, here you go, happy playing.
>>
>>3464709
Here's what I found out, the emulator's 3.20 and so on had english disabled, but not region locked.

I've found a few forum posts in other forums explaining how to run the emulator properly.

I'm posting those links soon too, just in case you need the files and stuff + the ones you already have, it seems there were service packs for V4 made to fix some last bugs.
>>
>>3464772

The 3 files >>3464613

cgrom.dat
iplrom.dat
SRAM.DAT

From >>3463007

Work with every version, even the last one from:

>>3463037

But as you say it stay on japanese.

In the end just copy the 3 files on the .exe folder and voá-la.
>>
File: XM6 TypeG OH SHIT.png (30KB, 696x438px) Image search: [Google]
XM6 TypeG OH SHIT.png
30KB, 696x438px
>>3464772
>the emulator's 3.20 and so on had english disabled

Fuck.
>>
>>3464782
Do you need help with Japanese?
>>
>>3464791
I'm not him but go ahead, dude, if you can pull off a translation script someone can get it into the newer versions. If you are please post some alternative email so I can get updated on the translation, we'll make a side project out of it.

(BUT I HAVE A BETTER IDEA, config the game from >3.13 L40, and use the config file on the JAP one, run the emulator and run the ROM.)

KeK
>>
>>3464807
The point would be to understand the Japanese menus so you can use them in whatever future release.
A translated release would just lag behind and piss off the authors.
>>
>>3464836
A tutorial sounds well then?
>>
>>3464836
I must argue it's a bit pointless considering the fact that I tested the config file and it's seems it's a 100% compatible with newer versions, my solution of preconfiguring using the already well off english 3.13 L40 version sounds viable, as it seems it has every menu (haven't tested it all.) What games do you guys recommend?

I've seen a few threads archived.
>>
>>3464983
Does it have stuff like the 浮動少数点数演算ボード (floating point number calculation board)?

>>3464903
I'm not that familiar with the emulator that I understand every setting.
But I can help deciphering Kanji.
>>
>>3464992
What menu do I find that in?
>>
>>3465232
The System/システム tab pictured by >>3464782. In the 増設 field next to the RAM selection.
>>
>>3464983
>What games do you guys recommend?
Aquales (side-scrolling mech action-platformer)
Arcus Odyssey
Die Bahnwelt (overhead maze shooter adventure, English-translated)
Etoile Princesse (action adventure)
Flappy 2 (isometric puzzling)
Genocide 2 (maybe try Square on FM Towns instead)
Geograph Seal (precursor to Jumping Flash)
Knight Arms (hybrid shooter)
Lagoon (Ys-like)
Laplace no Ma (horror/occult dungeon crawling, maybe wait for English translation)
The Last Tempest (found in NFG v4 HDD, strange isometric action-puzzle adventure)
Mad Stalker (mech belt-scroller fighter)
Neural Gear or Metal Sight (rail shooter)
Olteus II (or the PC-88VA original)
Reinforcer (overhead run 'n' gun) or Barusa no Fukushu (Ys III-like)
Shoot Range (mini wargame)
SION games (rasterized vector arcade shooters)
Square Resort (isometric arcade arena shooter)
Star Cruiser (sci-fi CRPG)
Thunder Force II (overhead + side-scrolling arcade shooter)
War-Torn Versnag (overhead xRPG)
Xak: The Art of Visual Stage (Ys II-like)

Check this site for snazzy overviews of games: http://gyusyabu.ddo.jp/MP3/MP3.html
>>
>>3465239
Sorry I didn't have time to look, I'll get to that later and tell you about it, if not I'll create another thread soon okay?
>>
Is there a way to change the sound card on XM6? Castlevania skips the card select menu and Asuka 120% won't let me change the sound mode.
>>
This thread is great. Would anyone be able to put some of this info and/or files up on the wiki?
>>
>>3466247
>Is there a way to change the sound card on XM6? Castlevania skips the card select menu and Asuka 120% won't let me change the sound mode.
There's no "soundcard" that can be used by x68000 games as far as I know -- there's the on-board sound hardware (OPM + ADPCM chipset on the motherboard) and there's the MIDI controller boards that allow games to pilot MIDI expander modules they support. The sound you'll get doesn't depend on the card, but on the expander itself. Anyway, to setup a MIDI card, go in the Tools/Options menu, and select the MIDI tab. Select ID 1, GS Synth, and the Output MIDI device. Unless you have a virtual synthesizer or an emulator like Munt, you'll have to stick with the good old MS GS Wavetable though (which is a not so good version of the SC-55).
>>
>>3467030
If the emulator has a soundchip emulator, the actual question is: is there a way to change the soundchip in emu or plugin?

>>3466489
(I need to look for links in history but they're pretty much there if I'm correct, had a browser crash recently, but I don't know how to code well in wikis so I might need some help, I know they have their own editors now or whatever but some codes are not in the GUI that could be helpful.)

But, I think I might be able to help, since I looked for a bunch of links regarding necessary files and found SP1 and SP2 for the V4 file, so it might even fix some things further, that repository seems great, I haven't actually played a game in the emu yet but I'm willing to tinker with it because of some videos I saw, and boy were they great, I even saw "cho ren sha" in a webm,
>>
>>3467281
I don't think so, you'll have to modify the emulator for that. In the real x68000 you can't replace the OPM and oki ADPCM chips by other different chips. Like I said, you'll have to use a MIDI device emulator (there's already one in windows, the Microsoft GS Wavetable for simple GS/GM/SC-55 emulation, but there's also MUNT for MT-32 for example).
>>
File: sadly no.png (12KB, 341x405px) Image search: [Google]
sadly no.png
12KB, 341x405px
>>3465239
Okay, I did your request, sorry I took so long.

I think it doesn't, took a picture, it's pretty much the same, it does not have this thing next to the selection pane.

Sorry man, hence why an english translation of the new version wouldn't be so bad now right?
>>
>>3464782
>want to emulate a Japanese PC
>can't read Japanese

why?
>>
>>3465527
>Aquales
I tried loading aquales and it says drive not ready, am I missing a particular HDD file or something of the sorts?
>>
File: Mmm.png (10KB, 831x649px) Image search: [Google]
Mmm.png
10KB, 831x649px
Okay, so I set up the emulator and got till here, I'm reading a tutorial on how to launch the virtual HDD file but first I need to install a command prompt "human.sys"

I do not understand what the following screen says, I dropped the file and the next step says to boot into it so I can install it to the HDD.
>>
>>3469542
to play videogames
>>
>>3469542
I think you don't get that some types PC's back in the day were used to play games just as equally as console gaming, some of those PC's were designed with games in mind (most were for work environments), and well, those games can only be played natively in those PC's or, that's right, emulators.

Why would you emulate a PC?

Simple answer with a simple question: Why the heck do you want to try a game with such clunky CRT screens (not that there's anything wrong with that except occupied space) and systems that are not only rare, and probably not found in some regions, with the need to scavenge for working parts, but, also probably overpriced?

I think that answers your question.
>>
>>3469508
The author doesn't want English translations or copies distributed without permission.
Either get used to Japanese menus or use the old versions.
>>
>>3469542

To play the games?

How can you even ask something like that?

Are you mentally retarded anon?
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.