[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game is driving me slowly insane. I just want to win by

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Standard game.png (240KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Standard game.png
240KB, 1024x768px
This game is driving me slowly insane. I just want to win by Diplomacy or Transcendence once. Just one time. But every game consists of nothing except Yang, Miriam, and Santiago declaring vendettas on each other and demanding I join them. If I refuse they attack me and if I accept two attack me and the third does nothing. And on those rare occasions I can broker a peace, they'll call up a few turns later, demand my best research for free, and attack if I refuse. Usually one of them wipes out Lal for no reason, I don't know what that's about. And how are you supposed to win as the Gaians? They don't attack, they don't have Lal's diplomacy bonuses, they don't have Zhakarov's research bonuses, and they can't win by economy.
>>
>>3462228
Try and ally with Lal and another leader like Morgan or Zhakarov or Skye. Once you get a pretty large alliance block going to deter Yang from fighting you, you can usually outpace Yang and the rest of the game.

Miriam, Santiago, and Yang as an ally is possible too, except you'll be dragged in to every fight with them. Just keep up research as the Gaians and get to mind worms ASAP, that'll help you in combat and give you room to expand. Cover the map in fungus and trees.
>>
If this at librarian level or below, try gitting gud. As trialsome as the early game can be if you get a bad starting position, the AI can't handle the lategame as well as a human so if you're not top dog by the time air power comes around, you're doing something very wrong.
>>
>>3462228
You can keep the peace a bit easier by using the same Social Engineering they are. When allies ask you to joing their side pick the stronger/closer one and your new enemy will usually only bother sending token forces against you.

>demanding research
Do you have energy reserves? Give them those instead.
Also if you happen to spawn really close/on the same small landmass as another faction exterminate them ASAP. Peace is pretty much impossible with that sort of proximity. Try to keep oceans between you and powerful enemy factions as the AI cannot into navy.

>Gaians
>they don't attack
>they don't have Zhakarov's research bonuses
They have mind worms.
Get mind worms ASAP, for their cost they're extremely effective for the early and even midgame. Attack every one you see and you'll eventually capture one, I think you might even always capture the first one you encounter. Then they use fungus as roads so you'll get a fantastic start by pop-popping and capturing other worms.

Miriam and Santiago usually get outpaced in tech pretty quickly, but Yang is often there to the very end due to sheer population and production power. Its usually best to stay friends with him until you're ready to crush him.
>>
>>3462228
is this game good
>>
>>3462228
Play it like the civ games and crush them like>>3462302 mentioned with worms, then take your time with Transcendence?
>>
File: ignorant_babby_award.gif (59KB, 1000x1192px) Image search: [Google]
ignorant_babby_award.gif
59KB, 1000x1192px
>>3464883
>is this game good
Hoo boy.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.