[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does your mom think of your retro game collection?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: loi9977843904654664_n.jpg (86KB, 416x416px) Image search: [Google]
loi9977843904654664_n.jpg
86KB, 416x416px
>>
>>3460547
She thinks it's just my thing. She buys retro March for me and my wife (one of us shares the name of an old retro company, so she usually gets their stuff)
>>
>>3460714
Yeah, I dated a Taito back in high school, she was a lot of fun.
>>
>>3460547
I still go thrift shopping once in a while with my mom.

The really "granny" thrift stores tend to have an unpicked through media section.
>>
>>3460756
This.

Found Wolfenstein 3D at a thrift shop lately.

Goodwills are shit though.
>>
>>3460714

Is your name Retron5?
>>
>>3460547
She's been dead for 22 years but if I were to guess, she'd be indifferent at least and proud at best with my game library. She used to play Tetris, Yoshi's Cookie, Mario 1/3/World with me whenever I wanted until she passed.

Man, now I gotta play those again. Thanks /vr/.
>>
>>3460547
my mom thinks I'm a pussy because I did not become an 18 street gang member like my dad. she sold my first collection of games when I used to live with her for weed. now that I'm out and about on my own, she begs me to move in back with her but I cannot bring my video games. Jokes on her now because not only do I smoke weed, I started a new collection of games.
>>
>>3461284
>Jokes on her now because not only do I smoke weed, I started a new collection of games.
And the cycle continues.
>>
>>3460547
She's assmad it's worth more than her house.
>>
She thinks it's weird I want to sell my GBC.
>>
File: ST2E-EN01288.jpg (89KB, 357x496px) Image search: [Google]
ST2E-EN01288.jpg
89KB, 357x496px
>>3460547
She is in fanatical denial about the whole thing.

She still stuck on the course of making it worse that they both were on together.

They try to chip away at it, but they're mindlessly fixated on their backwards primitive "ways" of doing things, ragefully barging at me determined to get me to throw away some random thing among all the stuff I have, the whole of which normal/most people would very likely deem abjectly worthless.

(and of course she harasses and jerks me around, and also uses extra-subtle ways of being a bitch whenever I try to do anything that's not tech related)

She's still constantly melodramatically kicking herself about not having shoved me into math devoutly enough.
>>
My mom gave up on my succeeding in life years ago.
>>
>>3460547
>what does your MOM think?

Fuck me, this board is kill.
>>
She thinks it's a waste of money and time.
Keeps telling me to get a regular job when I make $2k making videos of me playing my games a month.
And another $500 from Twitch.
>>
File: crime.jpg (614KB, 700x906px) Image search: [Google]
crime.jpg
614KB, 700x906px
She says, and I quote: "I think it fuckin rocks."

[I have all emus and roms from atari to psx era with an snes style controller.]
>>
I like vidya, she likes movies. Sometimes a movie will come out based on a video game, and we'll bond over it.

Someone post that vidya + parents chart.
>>
My dad thinks it's cool and my mom is... I don't know? Indifferent? Thinks it just my thing? She's always bought me games and watched me play when I was a kid so she isn't opposed. My mom is probably more displeased that I'll be 30 in a couple years and show no hope of inseminating a female in the near future.
>>
my mom actively encourages me to buy this junk basically. in fact, she sometimes calls me when she's at a thrift store or garage sale and sees games and asks if I want her to pick them up for me. But it helps that I have my own place and i'm not junking up her house with my piles upon piles of unorganized game crapola with wires everywhere.
>>
>>3462805
Mom sounds cool bro.
>>
>>3460547
She's dead so nothing. She probably wouldn't have noticed it.
>>
>>3462805
Ouch. Is this just presently, after you've already ended up with the habit, or has it been a constant throughout your life?
>>
>>3463654
I know those feels, buddy.
>>
>>3460547
My mom never uses my laptop.
>>
>>3460714
Dreamcast?
>>
My mom still works at a big arcade fixing cabs. Has all her life. We're both excited for the new Ace Combat.
>>
my mom's done the buying and selling thing to expand her antique collection her whole life, so she basically gets it.

>>3465490
that's cool as shit anon
>>
>>3464997
You use a laptop for all your retro gaming?
>>
>>3465490
that's awesome
>>
>>3461540
shut up, wesley
>>
>>3460547
I'm 33 and my mom is dead. She'd probably play NES with me if she was here.
>>
>>3460547
She was the one that encouraged me to collect games.
>>
>>3460714
Atari?
>>
>>3460547
She played them all. Beaten a good part of them, and now she wants an emulator in her laptop to play them again. Megadrive, I'm talking about.

I'm thinking of getting her one of those megadrive controllers with USB
>>
>>3467202
I am not fucking wesley, no matter how much anyone wants me to be, you got that crystal clear, Mr. Fukov?
>>
>>3460547
She complains about why I don't change my tv for a lighter one from times to times but mostly she is happy about how I conserve my things since it's mostly the same shit I had as a child
>>
Thinks they're for children because it's shit I used to play long ago.
>>
File: 1453355379657.gif (733KB, 484x364px) Image search: [Google]
1453355379657.gif
733KB, 484x364px
>>
She thinks I can make mad money selling it. She pretty much says that about everything. All my old toys? They're probably collectors items so I should sell them one day. My games? Collectors items, I should sell them one day.
>>
She's pretty casual about video games in general. She was addicted to RTS games. And I have tried to share my games with her.

She tried to get into minecraft a few months ago. And she doesn't have much confidence in herself.

I'm sure she appreciates my minimalist dirt homes and spotty knowledge of Minecraft.

I want her to get into GOG. I'm sure she'll like the older game tech support and for her to play King of Dragon's pass.
>>
Whenever she comes to visit, she doesn't really notice or care for my retro game stuff. She's usually more interested in whatever new gadgets I've added to my kitchen. However, she does enjoy playing Super Mario Bros on my NES because she used to play it on her NES in the 80's when she was off work pregnant with me. That's about as far as her gaming interest goes, lol.
>>
Mom will occasionally play a game.

It's usually something casual like Wii Bowling or Puzzle Bobble.

I may try and play some Family Mario Party or something this Christmas coming up but we'll see what happens.

As for what she thinks of my collection: I think she just thinkts its my thing.

She has lots of Knick Knacks and likes to collect artwork and has some records and china peices from various deceased family members. Everyone just kind of has their thing that they're into and as long as it's not becoming a problem, or causing a problem (like you can't walk through your fucking house) theres really no issue with it.
>>
>>3460547
She doesn't know about it because she doesn't use my computer.
>>
>>3470008
right in the heart
>>
File: tumblr_nalzihgGwl1qiwqvto1_1280.jpg (1MB, 1250x848px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nalzihgGwl1qiwqvto1_1280.jpg
1MB, 1250x848px
My mother taught me how to read playing FF6, and she used to work at a thrift store and bring home cool shit like strategy guides and older games.

I miss her every day, and it hasn't gotten any easier.
>>
>>3460547
She keeps begging to borrow it, and I always forget to bring it when I visit her. It doesn't help that it's sitting in a shed three hours from my house.
>>
She played Galaxian, Tetris, and Ice Climber on our NES clone. Also Lines, when we got a PC.

I don't think “retro games” would be the most important thing for her to care about in my case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz4giR9Ru10
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.