[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I miss Working Designs.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: atlc.png (1MB, 732x802px) Image search: [Google]
atlc.png
1MB, 732x802px
I miss Working Designs.
>>
>>3459506
About the only good thing they did was bring over some games that probably wouldn't have been brought over, and in the process destroy the essence of them with fart and sex jokes.

Their box sets are nice, but you're always better off playing the JP release.
>>
>>3459517
the only thing? that's like saying "the only thing your mom did was give birth to you and raise you."

WD made it their mission, loud and up front, to bring out the best RPGs that other publishers had passed over, and to give them the best localizations possible. this mean localizing the entire experience: the box, the instructions, and the shitload of gimmicks and geegaws that come in Japanese games.

Was anyone else putting out such high quality games on the Sega CD? was anyone else putting out RPGs on the Saturn? Who else gave a shit. if my choice is tacky jokes in Magic Knight Rayearth, or struggling to finish the game with an FAQ, I will take the tacky jokes.

Oh, wait, the US release came with a beautiful booklet, stickers, a refactored difficulty level, full voice acting, and all the japanese character and place names. Oh, and this was 1997, and there FAQs didn't exist, yet.
>>
>>3459536
>this was 1997, and there FAQs didn't exist, yet.
Gamefaqs was created in 1995.
>>
>>3459536
Holy fuck did I strike a nerve?
>>
Literally 95% of the games they localised were just generic JRPG's, nobody but a small few of virgin losers still even remember they existed.
>>
I miss working dat ass!

In loving tribute to WD translations
>>
They really should have brought over Grandia.
>>
>>3459617
Sega of Japan wouldn't let them.
>>
>>3459621
Really?
Haven't heard this before, why was that?
>>
>>3459536
You could have learned Japanese in the 90s.
It may be more convenient nowadays but it was hardly impossible.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.