[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Phantasy Star Online

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1888888-pso2.jpg (136KB, 640x633px) Image search: [Google]
1888888-pso2.jpg
136KB, 640x633px
I've heard there are a few private servers running this game, but they are split now. There's an old server and a new server.

Does anyone know which one has the higher playerbase and which one is better?

Also, why doesn't the Dreamcast version have local multiplayer?

That shit's annoying.
>>
https://ephinea.pioneer2.net

Unless you mean connecting via Dreamcast
Then well they're all shit as v2 has like 5 global players
Sylverant is prolly your best bet for v2 or PC
>>
>>3459418
>Ephinea

It has so much custom shit, what the fuck
>>
One Dreamcast just doesn't have the juice for local multiplayer. Play the GC version on a modded Wii for that. Play Blue Burst for good online experience. Playing on DC servers is basically for people who want to cheat.
>>
>>3459597
Or prefer the DC version.

If anyone could ever share the files needed to host a server I would gladly put up a DC server and keep it maintained indeffenitely. I don't imagine it's a huge bandwidth hog these days.
>>
>>3459643
And I'll be happy to log onto it and take it down in flames with game shark abuse. The DC version is simply not secure. Why would you possibly prefer it to BB other than nostalgia?
>>
File: Rappy.png (50KB, 168x237px) Image search: [Google]
Rappy.png
50KB, 168x237px
>>3459469
98% sure there is a /command to disable all that

>>3459643
Its discouraged to make new branches of servers that further fragment the already less than double digit v2 community
What's needed is centralisation as its a multi player online game
There is already several v2 servers
By your """"good faith""" gesture of offering to host and maintain ANOTHER unnecessary server just hurts and further fragments the tiny community

Also most of PSO server code is open source or based off available server code with documentation

I think you have no idea about the community and just wanted to come and act like some kind of saviour without even bothering to Google the topic for karma credits or some shit.

https://sylverant.net/about/
https://sourceforge.net/projects/sylverant/
>>
I was only discussing the DC version because my friend and I want to just play locally offline and we can't.

So the next best thing is BB online, but, the community is fractured and now servers exist that add a bunch of custom shit that no one ever asked for.
>>
>>3459718
Last I knew there were 2 decent servers and 1 of them was on it's way down.
>>
schthack is the most populated private server and has a great website to manage your characters throughout all versions of the game.

Also i'm suprised we dont have PSO generals here

>>3459778
schthack is more true to the game
>>
>>3459778
Like I said get a fucking $20 wii, softmod it and play local offline multiplayer in 480o
>>
>>3459872
I know there was some hullabaloo drama about schthack, but I missed/ignored it. they where the first, and they're still really easy to get set up with.

Also the only version with episode 3 support I think...
>>
>>3459961
You can play PSO Ep 3: Card Revolution on the real console through Schtack? woo
>>
>>3460015
yup it supports all versions
>>
>>3459778
You can run a local PSOBB server and play on a LAN, if you're willing to go to the effort (not hard, but you do have to hex edit a file, just don't go full retard and it should be fine).
Not a whole lot of point if you have non-shit internet though. All those optional features on Ephinea are ignorable.
>>
What is a decent emulator for dreamcast, I was wanting to give this a go.
>>
>>3460816
Just get the Blue Burst version
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.