[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't millennials handle Final Fantasy IV??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: Ff4_logo.png (368KB, 1195x452px) Image search: [Google]
Ff4_logo.png
368KB, 1195x452px
Why can't millennials handle Final Fantasy IV??
>>
I dunno, OP. It's the most straightforward and braindead FF out there, after all.
>>
This is a thing? The game is practically a VN even by Final Fantasy standards.

t. 21
>>
>muh linearity
>muh no customization

that about covers it
>>
>>3458563
News to me but they can't handle anything else so why should this be different?
>>
>>3458586
okay what the fuck is the whole " t. " thing about? I keep seeing it
>>
>>3458617
It's an /int/ meme, basically some finnish word for "regards"

so if you sign your post "t. alberto barbosa" or something you're saying "regards from alberto barbosa, that is me"
>>
>>3458625
...uh, okay. that's weird.
>>
>>3458628

Most memes are when you explain them.

Casuals can't into ff4 because difficulty because characters are more than materia combo with limit breaks.
>>
>>3458628
It's short for "terveisin" and I find its use in English language contexts annoying as fuck.

t. a Finn
>>
>>3458628
For example, if someone started shitting on SCIV in a Classicvania thread, one might reply with
>t. australia-kun
>>
Millennial here, I beat it as my first FF game, hella easy imo. It was fun at the time,but looking back the plot was kinda shit. Great introduction to JRPGs tho.
>>
The SNES/GBA releases are horribly unbalanced and easy. The DS release however removes alot of the boss cheese methods and is a pretty difficult JRPG. I always reccomend that version, so long as you're not bothered by the 3d graphics.
>>
>>3458563
SNES got the easy version.
>>
File: 1448247574233.jpg (247KB, 600x771px) Image search: [Google]
1448247574233.jpg
247KB, 600x771px
>>3458650
I do this as well.

I feel like the difficulty gives the game new life, and that the cutscenes and voice acting is superb.

I am annoyed that they took out the Tellah hp/mp switch line from the meteo scene. I always thought it helped highlight what he was doing to himself. But the scene and point is better off without it.

The augment system is obnoxious on a first run though for perfectionists who don't want to spoil shit.

But overall the best ff4 experience.
>>
File: media_cloud_big.jpg (153KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
media_cloud_big.jpg
153KB, 800x600px
Because its not the best final fantasy
>play ff7
>wtf i love square now
>buy ff8
>buy ff9
>buy tactics
>buy ergheiz
>buy every square game
Im happy for you 4 but ff7 was the greatest final fantasy ever made
>>
>>3458586
No, but the "kids these days" thing and shipping about JRPGs is.
>>
>>3458686
>ff7 was the greatest final fantasy ever made

Lel, kek, and jej
>>
>>3458563
I accidentally played FFV first and the no customization bored the shit out of me, I'm sorry.
>>
Final Fantasy IV is one of the easiest JRPGs ever made to get into, what are you talking about.
>>
>>3458845
Would you say it's "hallway sim" level easy?
>>
>>3458849
It's a VN where you press A to attack sometimes. I haven't played FFXIII but it's likely harder to get into than this.
>>
I'm gen Y and the first FF games I actually beat are FF3 and FF4 both on DS.
>>
>>3458563
Give us a proper definition of millenial. I keep seeing this generation bullshit on /vr/ with no definite realization what should they show.
>>
>>3458921
"people younger than me who I don't agree with"
Also "hipster", possibly with some "nu-male" and "SJW" thrown in for good measure.
>>
>>3458921
The actual range is supposed to be something like 1984-1998 or something IIRC. On 4chan, it's pretty much 'someone younger than me'.
>>
These games are all boring as shit
Except ff7
>>
I'm confident that anyone who thinks FF4 is great has never played a good JRPG or is blinded by nostalgia. You could make an argument for the DS version, though, which I never finished because I kept getting trashed on the moon and didn't want to grind.
>>
I guess it's a very old game, turn based and slow as fuck. Also not star wars with sentai villains and the first of many pointless love stories in a "press A while scrolling the menu to win" game. Awesome music tho.
>>
>>3459013
>the first of many pointless love stories

Final Fantasy 8 was a mistake.
>>
>>3459013
>he didn't like the EdgeXRydia shipping
baka
>>
>>3458686
>ff7 was the greatest final fantasy ever made

This is true.
>>
>>3458563
I think I last emulated it in 2000 or so, I got somewhere with those bomb creatures (somewhere in those mountains, I think that bald dude shows up and helps your party there), but not really further, I recall I felt the game got tedious and less fun, and moved on to something else.

I always felt that FF5 was a much more fun game.
Also people born in 1980 are millennials.
>>
>>3458957
>if OP is a non-millennial in this thread right now, he is someone who is OVER THIRTY-TWO YEARS OF AGE ON 4CHAN
>>
>>3458565
Nah. That would be Mystic Quest. But yeah, FF4 is piss easy. Especially the US SNES version that was majorly dumbed down.
>>
>>3459316
I like MQ for it's simplicity, I think it's a decent game to introduce a kid to basic RPG mechanics in games with.
>>
>>3458625
So faggots being faggots. No surprise there.
>>
I guess you could call me a "millenial" even though I'm old enough to be using rotary dials.

Out of all the mainline FFs, IV is my least favorite out of all of them. Even II. Even XIII.

I say this because it's a rollercoaster. There's no choice in character classes. No choice in equipment. No choice is spells, no choice in abilities.

It's a straight ride from start to finish with little to no input on character progression.

It's also my most played Final Fantasy, stupidly enough. I guess it's because it's the one with the most ports and remakes. I enjoy seeing the differences between the SNES original and all sorts of casualizations and improvements made upon it.
>>
>>3458563
Not sure why that would be the case, unless they're playing DS version, which decided it should be even more merciless than a romhack.

The game is painfully linear, between mobility options and storyline handholding, that I can't imagine anyone not being able to beat it outside of a few cases. I feel the difficulty skyrocketed around the Moon, and I recall being screwed in the Giant back in my early teens when I first played it on the SNES due to being unprepared, and saving before the refight with the fiends. Outside of that trap, I've come to enjoy the game as probably my favorite traditional FF, with only XI ranked higher in terms of endearment.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.