[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 13

Easily the best rpg of all time
>no boring cutscenes
>Many pokemon to choose from
>>
>>3458552
lol
>>
>>3458552
It's one of the better portable ones, but it's too basic to ever compete with bigger games
>>
>many pokemon to choose from
This, almost every other rpg has like no pokemon at all, it's ridiculous.
>>
>>3458552
>oh hai guise. My older sister gave me her pokemanz game cuz she finished it and iz going away for middle school. Wut do? I really want to experience this on a gb as the developers originally intendended so can you recomend a good adapter to play 3ds games on a DMG
>>
>>3458638
Do you want to talk about your issues anon, or keep them held in?
>>
File: cheeky banter.jpg (29KB, 500x477px) Image search: [Google]
cheeky banter.jpg
29KB, 500x477px
>>3458638
what you wanna do is get a step-down converter for your game boy advance so it doesnt get too hot and get a copy of pokemon that doesnt have glue residue and semen stains on it
>>
>>3458568
So FFXV, is automatically better than chrono trigger because it's bigger?
>>
i always thought of the gen 1 protagonist as retarded because someone can walk up to him, talk to him, and start a fucking battle while he's facing the wrong direction the entire time

that's not a criticism of the games though
>>
>>3458552
Not the best but really good, actually Gol & Silver are the best on the whole franchise. You should play some rpgs on the snes then come back and post again
>>
>>3459083
HGSS are better than GSC.
>>
File: 1472414566793.jpg (12KB, 170x250px) Image search: [Google]
1472414566793.jpg
12KB, 170x250px
>>3458708
>trigger niggers
>>
>>3459083
> Gold and Silver
> better than Red, Green, Blue and Yellow

Enjoy your shitty level progression and forced grinding with the last 4 gym leaders being around the waters of 30-40, while superior Red/Blue level progression will take you up to 60 before you have to beat the Elite Four.

Seriously, the Elite four in Silver/Gold feel more like a forced difficult battle because you're either gonna grind xp out of random battles or you're gonna stack up on revives/potions before you take them on.
>>
>>3459128
Enjoy your bugs and stupid AI.
>>
File: Mystic Quest (Europe) (2).jpg (47KB, 260x226px) Image search: [Google]
Mystic Quest (Europe) (2).jpg
47KB, 260x226px
>>3458552
Seiken Densetsu: Final Fantasy Gaiden / Mystic Quest is better
>>
>>3458552
I used to prefer GSC but now, because of the massive amount of glitches discovered, RBGY are my favorites. Actually being able to obtain all available Pokemon in a single game is the best. Also Kanto in GSC, while impressive that it even exists from a technical standpoint, sucks.
>>
>>3459128
If you have to grind in GSC you DID IT WRONG
>>
>>3459136
>bugs and stupid AI

First, what bugs? I never encountered any. Second, stupid AI? Like the AI was stellar in Gold and Silver.

>>3459184
The game makes you grind by design since all the enemies are extremely low pleb tier, there's not enough of them and the second half of gym leaders are all in the same level water of 30ish. Fight me.
>>
File: blue.jpg (160KB, 800x597px) Image search: [Google]
blue.jpg
160KB, 800x597px
>>3459196
>bugs?
>poison enemy pokemon
>then use wrap
>win
RBY are ridiculously easy because every enemy trainer's Pokemon have useless movepools too.

Just look at this shit.
>>
>>3459152
this guy fucks
>>
File: giovonni.jpg (129KB, 792x584px) Image search: [Google]
giovonni.jpg
129KB, 792x584px
>>3459256
I love gen 1 but theyre still mediocre as fuck buggy rpgs
>>
>>3459267
such bad attacks. did they determine the attacks maually? or did they use some command
>>
>>3459128
youre supposed to backtrack when people call you, and to explore areas with all the HMs
>>
>>3459256
rhydon and exegutor suck
thats it
>>
>>3459627

For being the Ground gym, his Pokemon sure don't know much in the way of Ground attacks, not to mention the Nidos having scratch/tackle.
>>
>>3459128
>The elite four has level 40s instead of 50s and are not the end of the game this time and this really triggers my autism
>>
>>3459125
bigger trigger niggers.
>>
Pokemon yellow and gs are best
>>
File: kingsfield.jpg (31KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
kingsfield.jpg
31KB, 250x251px
>>3458552
>Easily the best rpg of all time

Keep telling yourself that, Nintendildo.
>>
>>3459267
>I love gen 1 but theyre still mediocre as fuck buggy rpgs
yeah, the "save the world from evil!!!" stories from gen6 with its superevolutions and sandcastle poccemans are way better am i right? fucking genwunners lol
>>
>>3458552
The first two generations were awesome. I loved the Silver/Gold generation games because it was comfy/chill as FUCK. The music, night and day cycle, and the exploration. It was awesome because I didn't give two fucks about pokemon. I was more a fan of the digimon anime.
>>
File: 1469341068099.png (90KB, 246x246px) Image search: [Google]
1469341068099.png
90KB, 246x246px
>>3458552
Too bad it's gone to shit now.
>>
>>3459128
>forced grinding
>last 4 gym leaders being around the waters of 30-40
???
>>
H/G/C and R/S/E were the best Pokemon games desu.
>>
>>3462627
S/G/C*
>>
File: 2rogvi0.png (107KB, 893x1200px) Image search: [Google]
2rogvi0.png
107KB, 893x1200px
>>3459128
>>
>>3462646
the problem with gen 3 upwards: everything
>>
>>3462646

A lot of these are meaningless. So what if roar doesn't work against trainers? A 9 year old me was able to work out that the move is for scaring wild pokemon, that professionals chose better moves.

Of course some moves work better than others. Learning what moves are good is part of the gameplay.

Anything past gen 1 is for fucked up neckbeards. Why don't you accept that no one likes your 100s of extra (fake) shitty pokemon, and your obsession with balance which actually ruins learning the game and learning what moves and pokemon to use?
>>
File: pokemon.jpg (122KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon.jpg
122KB, 680x680px
>>3462646
>the problem with pokemon
>>
>>3462646
>the problem with Gen 1 is that it doesn't work exactly like the lattest gen, so it's not COMPETITIVE enough for an AUTISTIC SMOGONFAG like me! eh, and a few overflow glitches I guess
Stop posting that image
>>
>>3458579
underrated post
>>
>>3459118
I actually disagree with this.

GSC's impressive sprite work, bitchin' chiptune soundtrack, and some of the best use of color the GBC ever saw, all combine to create this certain moodiness absent from any Pokemon game before or since. By comparison, HGSS feels like just another Pokemon game (albeit a good one). Sure, it has all the bells and whistles of modern Pokemon, and if you like those games HGSS is still probably the best of the bunch, but it just feels like there's something missing.

For me, it's that unique atmosphere that makes GSC the best gen, not muh Kanto or whatever.
>>
>>3462681
>running away from the truth
o am i laffin
>>
>>3462814
The truth is that most 'problems' on that image are just observations about the balance and gameplay, not objective flaws. It's not about the game being bad on its own merit, it's about it being unbalanced when put in the perspective of the modern Pokemon competitive scene. It might be good bait for /vp/, but here Smogon autism isn't what we value the early series for.
>>
Do people here try and optimize their teams, or do they just play with the pokés they like? I try to cover the types, but I don't get super deep with movesets and stats or anything.
>>
>>3462646
You had to save the game in gen 2 before switching boxes, at least that's what I remember.
If you remove the actual bugs and programming errors that list would shrink by 80%, the remaining stuff are only changes between generations made for balancing, generation 1 is in a league of it's own so you can't really compare it to others and say it's "wrong". The only thing I didn't like about it was the low number of ghosts, psychics and dragons. That was all fixed in gen 2.
>>
>>3462867
>play with pokemon you like
Gym leader spotted. I usually take a few I like but make sure I have at least a majority of attack types.
>>
>>3462867
game is easy enough
i just cover types and use stuff i like from said types
>>
>>3462867
I don't like to have a lot of element overlap on my teams, but other than that I mostly go for the ones I like the best.

It depends though, playing the main game is always pretty easy and you can mostly just bring whatever with you. The real optimization comes when you're getting into vs battles.
>>
File: p.png (138KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
p.png
138KB, 431x431px
Why didn't you ever use Chansey?
>>
>>3462941
But I did...
>>
>>3462954
Same
>>
>>3462941
chansey is good
the meme penguin with presents from gen2 is the one that sucks
>>
>>3458641
thank you for this
>>
>>3459256
Also you can just use pokemon with high base speed for infinite crits. 5 turn fire spin with a crit every turn? Thanks Rapidash! Crit Pin Missiles from Jolteon for those psychic types? yes please!
>>
Single player Pokemon is always piss easy, I LOVE the multiplayer metagame but I also with the company in charge gave a rat's ass about balancing it, since there's really no good competitor for multiplayer Pokemon to turn to outside of fan stuff
>>
gen 1 is best. Lvl 255 Mew.
>>
>>3462870
You had to save to switch boxes in Gen 1 too. Not to mention you had to make sure you switch boxes before it was full or you couldn't catch any more Pokemon
>>
>>3462675
I'd say that the problem with pokemon is that except that the type matchups aren't symetrical like in your graph.
>>
>>3462675
>>3462675
This is a chart made by someone who saw that Pokemon has almost 20 different element types and found that too overwhelming to comprehend. So instead of trying to make sense of it, they spent time making a silly image depicting just how confusing it is to them. They then post it on the internet in the hopes that other stupid people also got confused by the game and would think it was actually funny.

I laughed, but probably not for the reason he intended.
>>
>>3462675
At least half of the pokemon types you should know from real life experience.

Fire > Grass
Thunder =/= Ground
Ground > Fire
Ice > Grass
>>
>>3463358
What's fun about playing essentially a more convoluted form of rock-paper-scissors though?
>>
>>3463480
>the definition of every RPG, or in fact every game ever
>>
>>3463407
I still say that poison should've beaten psychic, because poison and toxins overwhelm the senses and cloud the mind
>>
>>3463480
Rock paper scissors is a very simple game with three choices, set outcomes and that's it. In Pokemon even though water is weak to fire it doesn't mean a water pokemon will automatically win against a fire pokemon. It's just one of several factors.

Also the complexity of many elements instead of just 3 and the attention they put into what affects what makes it much more interesting than simple rock paper scissors.
>>
>>3463485
Shooters have weaknesses?
Platformers have weaknesses?
Puzzlers have weaknesses?
Fighters have weaknesses?
Racing games have weaknesses?
Simulation games have weaknesses?
Adventure games have weaknesses?
Rhythm games have weaknesses?
>>
>>3463515
But psychic is mind, knowledge. Humans have found cures and medicine for various poisons. Imo they should be effective against each other.
>>3463542
>simulations, rhythm
Literal autism tier "games". Any multilayer or a game with a versus option (where all the competing players/bots have equal roles) is technically rock paper scissors. So yeah, fighting and racing games are in a lot of cases.
>>
>>3463576
>Literal autism tier "games".
I don't like throwing this word around, but referring to entire genres of games as "autism tier" is seriously sperg worthy.
>>
>>3463576
>a game with a versus option (where all the competing players/bots have equal roles) is technically rock paper scissors.
>is technically rock paper scissors.

/vr/ being so reductionist that it says nothing of value yet again.
>>
>>3463586
Said the guy whose post added nothing to the discussion?
>>
>>3463576
>Any multilayer or a game with a versus option (where all the competing players/bots have equal roles) is technically rock paper scissors.

You're full of shit. The RPS-tier gameplay is exclusive to the autismal RPG genre because of elemental/class weaknesses that you should exploit. Most other games have much smarter design than that that you must learn to overcome, rather than read a wiki and memorize that psychic beats poison.
>>
>>3463594
I gave a just fine explanation, it was just ignored because it wasn't also troll bait. >>3463524 You don't seem to understand what Rock Paper Scissors is.
>>
>>3463601
All of which strategies you can also read on a wiki. There's no difference, you're the one full of shit. Every strategy can be countered by another. RPS isn't completely luck based, knowing who you're playing against will increase your odds of winning.
>>
>>3463614
Quake 3, you're not rewarded for using a certain weapon against a certain enemy model. You're rewarded for good aim, map control, etc.

Puyo Pop, you're not rewarded for popping certain types of puyos, you're rewarded for when you pop them and how many you can pop them, etc.

DDR, you're rewarded for how well you can dance.

Street Fighter, you're rewarded for outplaying your opponent, reading and reacting to attack frames.

RPG's take no skill whatsoever, it's all pre-determined by the developers. If you're fighting someone and don't know his picks, it will always be up to chance. Even if you do know, shit like crits and misses still make it too luck-based.
>>
>>3463614
How is someone as retarded as you still breathing?
>>
>>3462867
Since I always use 4 to 5 pokemon in my party, at least 2 are personal favorites and the rest are there to cover the rest of the elements.

I'm currently playing a Pokemon Crystal Romhack that makes it possible to obtain all 251 pokemons and the ones that evolve thru trade, now evolve by levelling.

So my team is:
Gengar and Ampharos as the central ones and Scizor, Dragonite and Meganium as the ones that are useful but never used before.

But I'm thinking about stop using Meganium, he kinda sucks...
>>
>>3463632
>FPS games
>fighter games
You use your own moves against your opponents, it's basically hoping that you will dodge and hit the enemy. Why can't you face the fact that most games are rock-paper-scissors? And you obviously have no idea what skill means. I can argue that anything that requires only reflexes and almost nothing else isn't skill (any FPS ever), just because that's my preference, which is exactly what you're doing. Map control is learned even easier than an RPG game.
You're a complete idiot.
>>
>>3458552
Yes
>>
>>3463659
Who wants to bet that's our resident fighting games shitter as well?
>>
>>3458552
dumb pokefag.
>>
>>3462646
Too bad I can't exploit that in Pokemon Showdown. They didn't leave in any of the bugs.
>>
>>3459196
You keep bringing up level like it really matters in a Pokemon game.
>>
>>3465564
Okay. Tested it out in Showdown!. Fissure and OHKO moves are banned except for custom games, the Speed high critical is still true and so are the Toxic+LeechSeed combo and the Wrap effect. But it's not that gamebreaking against human opponents who aren't dumb AI, and pokemons with high speed usually have lower attck/special.And the Wrap/etcs moves have low accuracy so they're not reliable.
>>
>>3459627
>>3459681
in gen 1 all enemy pokemon, including trainers, only the 4 most recent level up moves below their current level
they could have tried to coordinate level up moves with gym levels, but it was 20 years ago and a little late now
>>
File: 98649874.jpg (47KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
98649874.jpg
47KB, 736x736px
>people still plays new pokemon games and post on 4chan
>people still takes pokemon seriously
>people think pokemon is/should be competitive

>20 years people still dont realize Pokemon is anything but a cashgrab with a good baby JRPG for LITTLE KIDS, and shouldnt be taken any more seriously than a nostalgia thing from the 90's

you dumb fucks
>>
>>3463542
>Shooters have weaknesses

Hollow point makes more damage on unarmored people but it barely hurts armored enemies, if you get a guy with a bulletproof vest you use the AP round
>>
>>3467320
>Racing games have weaknesses?

Smal light cars, that turn quickly and accelerate fast for technical twisty circuits, big heavy and powerful cars for tracks that have wide turns

Just because you haven't thought about shit it doesn't mean that it tisn't there
>>
>>3466973
Yeah I don't get it either. I played Red/Blue, but that's it. I always thought pokemon was just a fad that would die after a while, but no, it's still going. Then again when Britney Spears released her first hit I thought she was just a one hit wonder, along with other artists over time who ended up overstaying their welcome, so I guess I have pretty bad judgement.
>>
>>3458552
I unironically agree with you and for those exact reasons.

Most JRPGs are glorified railroad tracks which shuffle you along so you can experience their super serious story. There's nothing wrong with having good story presentation though, but dear god is Pokemon refreshing for allowing you to play around and try to find and capture and train the little buggers. There are exceedingly few RPGs with more in depth gameplay in the first place, so the babbies first label just screams tryhard.

>>3458568
What is a super complex worthwhile RPG that makes Pokemon look like the childish thing it is?
>>
>>3466973
It's still better then any other rpgs ever made. Funny how they do that.
>>
File: nfc-logo-bw2.png (55KB, 415x392px) Image search: [Google]
nfc-logo-bw2.png
55KB, 415x392px
>>3466973
>>
>>3463407
>Ice > Grass

but this makes no sense. Plants survive winter/snow/cold. That'd be poor evolution if they only survived for 6 months. Losing leaves in the fall isn't even related to ice hurting them. Grass should resist ice.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.