[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anyone who prefers Metroid II to Super Metroid? Note,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Metroid_II_US_boxart.jpg (71KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Metroid_II_US_boxart.jpg
71KB, 640x640px
Is there anyone who prefers Metroid II to Super Metroid?

Note, I'm talking about the original, not the fanmade "remake".
>>
Not a chance. There's not a thing that I consider better in that game
>>
>>3458494
I prefer it for its atmosphere.
>>
I do. The platforming elements of Super were tedious. I prefer the more linear, combat oriented Metroid titles in general.
>>
>>3458510
Metroid II is way scarier.
>>
>>3458494
The original gameboy version just feels scarier to me because the gameboy screen is more cramped compared to Samus's size. In combat especially, that makes the game feel rather claustrophobic. I like the remake a lot, I love both games, but I feel that is something that was lost in the remake.
>>
>>3459219
>but I feel that is something that was lost in the remake.
The Download torrents Nintendo took down?
>>
>>3458494
No.
>>
>>3458494
I think it has a cooler sense of place. Exploration is more tense because you have the sense that you'll run into a metroid at any time. The game has a nice sense of isolation.

I don't think it's better than Super Metroid overall, but I like Metroid II more than the original and probably more than the GBA games.
>>
>>3458494
>Is there anyone who prefers Metroid II to Super Metroid?

Original?
Not even remotely

Remake?
It it keeps the quality I saw until the end, then definitely
>>
It does have a couple of dedicated fans who really enjoy it, but most of the Metroid community are into speedrunning, which is not that great on MII.
>>
I really liked Spider Ball and the things they did with it, where you explore the sides/ceilings of caverns and have to cautiously analyze enemies' patterns before moving or risk losing your perch. That bit of exploration has no Super equivalent. But OP has too much disdain for fanwork, there's a good colorized hack of Metroid II to work as GBC that anyone should be able to appreciate.
>>
Ever since AM2R came out, there's been a ton of hipster Metroid fans claiming that Metroid 2 was always their favorite.
>>
The game's fatal flaw is that missile pick-ups are almost impossible to come by.
>>
Definitely not. While Metroid II was a pretty good step-up from the first, it simply pales in comparison to Super. Playing M2 in current year while still having to draw maps within the games overlap-happy 2D space is not my idea of fun. AM2R blew the OG out of the water. It's essentially obsolete. Everything OG does, AM2R not only does better, it does way, way more. Regardless, people should show appreciation by checking out M2 and seeing the series humble second outing.
>>
>>3460679
>thing becomes cool
>hipster fans claiming it was their favorite
>hipster
>>
>>3460679
>implying I don't source my disdain for AM2R with posts from literally years ago
Its an okay game, would have liked it have seen it follow the original trilogy's style and atmosphere versus the newer entries' though
>>
>>3460679
If you like it you're a hipster

If you dislike it you're a dumb kid who listens to youtube celebs

And if you don't have an opinion you're just casual scum
>>
Metroid II had a confusing yet linear map and amazing sprite work for Samus. Super Metroid was a much better game due to the exploration aspect that rewarded backtracking and all the sequence breaks. AM2R is a fun game that would have benefited from using an original yet derivative IP to act as the spiritual successor everyone wants so we can stop waiting on Nintendo to deliver.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.