[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is fucking scary. Also this game is so much better than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: hqdefault.jpg (4KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
4KB, 480x360px
This is fucking scary.

Also this game is so much better than SWAT4. Team movement is delicious.
>>
>>3446661
>hqdefault
Hqdefault? I love that game!
>>
>>3446669
Oh, didn't change the name. It's SWAT3.
Nice pun.
>>
>>3446661
>so much better than SWAT4
don't talk daft, lad.
>>
>>3446676
The only things that 4 does better are graphics (obvious) and simultaneous execution.
>>
>>3446679
What does 3 do better?
>>
>>3446683
AI movement and tactics. In 4 they just open the door and run in, but in 3 they do it the proper way with slicing the pie and covering everything as they should. It's beautiful to watch.
>>
>>3446683
Oh, also the gameplay is much more interesting, because you can't just look under every door.
>>
File: Swat_3_0004.jpg (19KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Swat_3_0004.jpg
19KB, 500x375px
>>3446676
He's right. SWAT 3 is the better tactical game. Also no cheese weapons unlike 4. You have to play like proper SWAT officers.
>>
>>3446683
Really it's the more interesting AI for perps. Rather than stand around, or flee from you just to stand around somewhere else, they'll patrol more often and also get up if you happen to leave them unrestrained and unattended.

Other than that, it's rough. The command interface isn't as slick as 4, AI officers are far too effective and act like terminators far too often, and it's missing tactical options like the ability to look under doors or use wedges.
4 just plays better and is more fun.
>>
I thought it was dumb in SWAT 4 how you had to hit the "Tell perp to give up" button before killing an armed suspect, or else you get docked points. I can understand it when you're dealing with the shitters at the start of the game that may or may not be willing to put up a fight, but when you're dealing with the late-game guys that are clearly armed to the teeth and willing to fight to the death, it's retarded. Just let me shoot them without having to spam the "Tell perp to give up" button like an idiot.
>>
>>3446792
>The command interface isn't as slick as 4
You only have to memorize like 4 or 5 combinations and it's very intuitive after one or two missions. I've played lots of arma and flashpoint in my life though.

> AI officers are far too effective and act like terminators far too often
Not really. They just act like trained specials. It's not like enemy can't get them.

> missing tactical options like the ability to look under doors
>implying that's a bad thing.

You still have optiwand to check the corners and it makes the game much more entertaining and dynamic. In 4 you just go and check every door and it gets boring quick.

> use wedges
I can agree with that, but they aren't needed really. In both 3 and 4.
>>
>>3446803
That's another thing. In 3 you just shoot bad guys and if they happen to surrender - good for them!
>>
3 is definitely the better game if you want a more action-focused Rainbow Six-like experience, and I agree with OP about your teammates being more capable and the AI in general feeling superior. Also love the details like calling out the trailers.

They're both great games though and I can't deny that the atmosphere and interface in 4 is better.
>>
File: swat3.jpg (100KB, 800x605px) Image search: [Google]
swat3.jpg
100KB, 800x605px
I fucking love SWAT 3 and 4. I wish they would be re-released with HD resolution and optimized to work properly on modern systems.

I bought Rainbow Six 3 Gold in hopes of having something similar to play, but it's just not the same. Rainbow Six is great too, but it has nothing on SWAT.
>>
>>3446896
>I wish they would be re-released with HD resolution and optimized to work properly on modern systems.

They do. I'm playing SWAT3 on windows 10. Ironicaly 3 is easier to set up than 4.
>>
>>3446896
3's on GOG and runs fine on win7, and 4 just needs a patch and some simple .ini editing to enable the more common modern resolutions
>>
I remember a thread where someone played an Amityville map
shit was spooky
>>
>>3446661
swat 2 you suckaz. play that
>>
>>3446919
Is it playable in real time?
>>
>>3446803

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous to have to demand surrender from North Korean assassins or whatever.

Really though anybody who has trouble understanding why cops shoot people should play this game.
>>
>>3446902
>3's on GOG and runs fine on win7

Does it? Has it been updated or something? Because I remember pirating the GoG release some years ago and the menu ran like ass. I'm talking 2-4fps tier ass. The gameplay performance I don't remember but after some tweaks I managed to get the menu to run well enough, and from what I recall the gameplay too was fine afterwards.
>>
>>3448982
Look here.
http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/SWAT_3:_Close_Quarters_Battle#Performance_improvement
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.