[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who should I go first and why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 9

Who should I go first and why?
>>
>>3444254
Top Man
Easiest to defeat with just the mega blaster
>>
File: 867696.png (27KB, 653x2515px) Image search: [Google]
867696.png
27KB, 653x2515px
>>
>>3444254
Hard man. Definitely hard man.
>>
>>3444254
Here, I'll make a case for a few.

>Top Man
Stage isn't difficult at all, veeeery easy pattern. You will get a trash weapon though.

>Snake Man
More difficult stage but a mostly relaxed bossfight. You will get Search Snakes which are a fun weapon.

>Shadow Man
Stage is nothing special, but Shadow Man isn't that easy with the Buster. You will get the Shadow Blade though which is a great weapon.
>>
File: Mega Man Bosses.png (435KB, 844x792px) Image search: [Google]
Mega Man Bosses.png
435KB, 844x792px
>>3444254
My favorite MM game!

My preferred order:
Magnet>Hard>Top>Shadow>Spark>Snake>Gemini>Needle
>>
Sometimes I start with Top Man. Sometimes I start with Magnet Man. Either way you're eventually going to hit the brick wall with Snake Man, Gemini Man, and Needle Man, where those three are by themselves and not weak to any of the other 5 bosses' powers.
>>
>>3444254
You should go top man, because he's on top, man
>>
File: image.png (889KB, 2048x1792px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
889KB, 2048x1792px
>>3444254
>>
I always used to start with Top Man (because then you get Shadow Blade next, which is super useful) and ended with Needle, but I actually tend to start with Needle now because the Rush Jet is just a nice convenience on some of the jumping puzzles. Plus, Needle Man isn't that bad with just the Mega Buster once you get down the way he moves.

But >>3444336 is right; MM3 isn't one loop of strength-to-weakness, but two smaller ones of five and three.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2048x1792px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2048x1792px
>>3444371
>>
>>3444371

I need to see gameplay with this filter, I couldn't even figure out that it wasn't an illustration until careful examination, or is it? I still don't know
>>
Save Hard Man for last, because he's the hardest.
>>
>>3444283
>Relaxed bossfight
>Snake Man

Not op but Snake man was the hardest for me by far when I played mm3
>>
>>3444371
Asian Spark man Fucking PISS
>>
>>3444371
SPOOK MOM MOO MOM
>>
>>3446995
SMOKE NOW
>>
>>3444283
>trash weapon
learn to spin2win
>>
>>3444254
This is the order I've usually followed since I was a kid.

Hard Man (Buster)
Top Man (Hard Knuckle)
Shadow Man (Top Spin)
Snake Man (Shadow Blade)
Magnet Man (Shadow Blade)
Spark Man (Shadow Blade)
Gemini Man (Search Snake)
Needle Man (Gemini Laser)

I personally think Needle Man is the hardest robot master in MM3. He and Shadow Man have always been super hard to deal with on a buster-only run. I know Spark Shock is effective against Magnet Man, but I really like Shadow Blade.
>>
File: 1259138593109.jpg (30KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1259138593109.jpg
30KB, 400x300px
>>3444254
Snake -> Gemini -> Needle -> Top -> Shadow -> Spark -> Magnet -> Hard

This is the way I like playing the game.. Snake has a really predictable boss pattern, but won't be as obvious to a new player. The trick is to just run into the middle column, let him jump over you, then jump on the column while he runs to the corner. Avoid his shots, and then jump over him before he makes it back to the column. Jump back up on the column when he runs off again, and then it's simply a matter of repeating the same pattern. Jump over his head, let him run to the other side of the room, and play king of the hill basically until you shoot him enough. He's crazy simple.

Gemini man is a pretty tough stage without the Rush Marine, so you might want to do Top > Shadow before taking on Gemini. I like doing Gemini first because he makes Needle man a lot easier, and beating Needle nets you Rush Jet, which is so stupidly overpowered in MM3 it's not even funny. Once you get rush jet, you can abuse it in literally every stage to net you an advantage. It's particularly helpful on Shadow's stage, another reason I prefer this route.
>>
File: 1467000174497.jpg (24KB, 579x554px) Image search: [Google]
1467000174497.jpg
24KB, 579x554px
>>3444396

>It's the developer's intention my man
>This is how it looked in the 80's!
>>
I usually go Top > Shadow > Gemini > Needle > Snake > then the rest in whatever order, which is the easiest and most comfortable way for me.
>>
>using weapons

casuals
>>
>>3446956
Literally jump him once and then follow him around the room.

If you hid in the corner you deserved getting your ass kicked
>>
>>3448079
>taking damage or using weapons
>>
>>3444254
>Top Man
>not on top
>mfw
>>
>having a order
Why? The entire point of the level selection is to play in a non linear way. When I play mega man I close my eyes and rub my thumb around the d-pad to pick my level. To play in the same order every playthrough is basically ignoring how brilliant the level select system is.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.