[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: talk about your most recent arcade experience So I went

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

ITT: talk about your most recent arcade experience

So I went to Cedar Point the other day and checked out their arcade while I was there. Overall, it was pretty okay. They had a lot of really cool machines, but most of them are in pretty desperate need of maintenance- Time Crisis 3 had screen burn-in, Time Crisis 4 just straight up didn't register where you shot, vertical movement didn't work in Space Harrier, their 6-player X-Men had misaligned screens, that sort of thing. Though thankfully their Virtual On machine worked perfectly and even played a few rounds (and got my ass kicked because I've only played the Saturn version) with a guy who said he's sure to play it every time he comes, which was a pretty sweet experience.

If they could fix some of the machines up it'd be fucking GOAT. Any other Northeast Ohio arcades worth checking out?
>>
Player One Arcade Bar in Orlando. Super awesome, a dark bar with tons of old favorite arcade games all over.
>>
Most recent was some mall in the failippines. Don't even remember which one because there's a bunch of malls each has 2-3 arcades and we tried most of them. They're usually not very big but mostly have different stuff. Played a lot of gun games with my son. Handed several people their asses on von and various racing and fighting games. Played a bit of pool and air hockey. Drank beer at titty bars when the arcades closed. Back in Japan in a few weeks for some real arcades.
>>
File: outrun2sp-cabinet-big[1].png (326KB, 632x355px) Image search: [Google]
outrun2sp-cabinet-big[1].png
326KB, 632x355px
>>3442948
Easton mall in Columbus has a former Sega Gameworks that retained most of the games when it became something called KDB you can still see the sweet giant Gameworks murals from the 90s with KDB stickers just slapped over the Sega logos. Like every arcade their redemption machine cancer is spreading but they have an Outrun 2 SP SDX 4-player system, a Taiko Drum Master that never works (there's one of these at one of the smaller Cedar Point arcades you hit those too right?) a huge 3 story ride-on game called Sky Pirates that is basically Pooyan and my personal gem a Cycraft VR machine with Initial D as well as a solid collection of cabinets
>>
They had Sega Rally 2. It was a bunch of Chinese imported Arcade booths, most of them stopped working. SR2 was so busted up the gear to switch manual didn't work, and the chair wouldn't adjust anymore. There was water constantly dropping onto my forehead from the ceiling. Game reminded me a lot of GT.
>>
Oh man, the Dave and Busters in Hilliard Ohio is just the worst. Every single shooter needed recalibrating. I went there on my own a year ago just dying to play some shooting games, and it was just an unfun nightmare. Also the games cost too much. It's sad.
>>
>>3444989

How do two wheels per screen even work?
>>
File: 333000201[1].jpg (272KB, 850x1201px) Image search: [Google]
333000201[1].jpg
272KB, 850x1201px
>>3445279
I know right? Basically you can let your kid or girlfriend drive for a while until they start fucking up. You can't seat swap because the whole car vibrates and tips but not even close to as intensely as the Cycraft can, which is why I am not that familiar with Outrun. Cycrafts can also be linked but they only have one there. I'd really love to have one of my own would be so sick with Assetto Coursa and Oculus Rift
>>
Somewhere in Little Rock, AR there's a place called Playtime Pizza with a second-floor arcade.
They had Ghost Squad, but it was miscalibrated; they had DDR which I sucked at; but the best thing I found was a Time Crisis 4 machine.
Me and some little kid spent most of the money on our arcade card blasting through the game until we beat it.
God bless you, little dude. You're a real American hero.
>>
Went to one in California when I was visiting some family. I bought an hour of unlimited play, and spent almost the entire time playing Pop 'n Music. It was amazing.
>>
>>3442948

My most recent arcade experience was in 1998
>>
>>3444989
If you're ever in Cincinnati, we have an open Gameworks that also has redepemtion cancer, but it also has plenty of Sega games. We also have Cycraft VR Initial D, but also other games like Super Monkey Ball and House of the Dead 4. They have most of Sega's arcade releases from the past decade.
>>
File: futflash.png (2MB, 850x1106px) Image search: [Google]
futflash.png
2MB, 850x1106px
There are two places close to me with arcade machines but no one ever goes near them. One is a Neo Geo. I'm afraid to touch them.
>>
I went to a pinball arcade in Tucson, it's pretty sweet, a bunch of meticulously maintained pinball machines in a garage type building just off the main street with the bars. There's also a weird store across the street that sells a combination of swag kid clothing and vintage cartoon memorabilia that has an arcade in the back, they have a Simpson's arcade and a rampage and some other broken shit
>>
File: cd.jpg (175KB, 823x626px) Image search: [Google]
cd.jpg
175KB, 823x626px
>>3445870
are you on a watch list now?
>>
>>3442948
I played Die Hard the arcade in some shitty pizza place. That was about 10 years ago.
>>
Went to 8-bit arcade in Renton WA. Played some Dr. Mario, Puzzle Fighter and Marvel vs Capcom 2. MVC2 kid actually knew what he was doing with was fun and surprising.
>>
>>3442948
>Wheel of Fortune
>Cyclone
All my nostalgia feels...
>>
I live about a 12 minute drive away from https://youtu.be/2IHDfOUuQzA ... and I've only been able to afford going in once. It is the deity's cruel fate of my life.

I had good memories of the games, but it is still a very solitary experience there for me. Wish I had friends.
>>
I play Neo Geo, or Sunset Riders daily.

I went to the movie threatre for the first time in like 2 years and they had some games but it was mostly stuff I didn't want to play like DDR or Sega Racing games.
>>
I'm at Dave & Busters and Chuck'e'Cheeses once a month fight me.
>>
>>3442948
There's a retro arcade in old town Pasadena, CA. $10/hour for unlimited plays. I played Missile Command, Joust, Asteroids, and they seemed to be working A-ok. I was mostly sad they didn't have Spy Hunter
>>
File: mfw.png (2MB, 1280x798px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
2MB, 1280x798px
>>3442948
Last time I went it was fun.
https://tacomastories.com/tag/dorkys/
It has a 12 foot pac man game and the pizza is not what it used to be.
>>
>>3447361
>$10/hr
That fucking sucks that's a quarter every 90 seconds. You don't get beer or nothing?
>>
University Pinball in Philadelphia a few months ago, just as the weather was starting to warm up. Used to go there when I first moved into a place in Philly nearly 14 years ago now. This revisit was depressing.

There are nearly no video games left. Everything is either a machine with moving parts or equipment, like skeeball, basketball machines, air hockey etc or billiards tables. There was no pinball anymore at all, rendering the place name irrelevant.

The few video games they had were several cocktail machines with smartphone-type games on them and this motion sensor version of Fruit Ninja. The only games worth a damn were two racers and two fighters. All four of those games were wholly ignored.
Even as little as eight years ago, the place was packed with people playing fighters, beat-em ups and rhythm games (they had Pump It Up), but now, it's mostly empty.
>>
>>3447392
8 years ago the online resurgence of fighters hadn't got into full swing yet.
>>
>>3447380
And most of the faggots who play there burn through a credit in 30 seconds so it's a good deal for them.
>>
>>3442948
2004 at some arcade in reynosa mexico. They had a bunch of snk games in homemade looking cabinets. Remember playing metal slug 3 for the first time there. Was struck by how clean the controls on all the cabinets were and that they all seemed to function perfectly. The arcade back in texas i would normally go to before it closed had half its machines in various states of broken and coverd in grease
>>
Lucky Strike in Novi, MI

I think they had some light gun games. I know for sure they had Confidential Mission. But I'm not into light gun games.

Other than that, a lot of more carnival-y type games instead of video games.

But they had three classic arcade games in the back. Donkey Kong, Centipede(?) and Space Invaders.

They seemed to be in good shape, but they didn't take coins. they took some other convoluted payment system. we tried to operate the machine to get a card that would be loaded with some credits, but it was confusing.

we just left. we were only there because we had been eating at the Buffalo Wild Wings in the same complex.

That BWW had some lame modern coin operated games inside. One was a golf game that quite frequently would have chubby office workers (different people during different meals eaten there) feed dollars in so he and his friends could play a full round. The others seemed like kids games. Nothing cool.

I wish I knew of a place in the suburbs of Detroit that had more retro arcade games.
>>
>>3447374
The guy that runs Dorky's is a megadouche. Go to 8-bit Arcade in Renton!
>>
>>3447361
I go there often. The price is fairly steep, but the games are in excellent condition, and the operator is very friendly/knowledgeable. I spend $20 at Round 1 often as well, so the price doesn't bother me.
>>
I was at funspot a couple months ago and am going back this weekend. My only minor complaint was that they only have one Neo cab which is a bit of a letdown. otherwise the place was every bit as great as I thought it would be.
>>
>>3442948
>>3442965
>>3444912
>>3444989
>>3445274
>>3445870
>>3446367
>>3446380
>>3446390
>>3446391
>>3446970
>>3447352
>>3447354
>>3447359
>>3447361
>>3447374
>>3447392
>>3447964
>>3448559
That's a nice arcade you have there; it would be a shame if something were to happen to it.
>>
>>3446393
awesome I still have that issue of EGM. To this day I still don't know what game that is.
>>
>>3447964
off-world arcade
>>
>>3444989
>Outrun 2 SP multiplayer
My jelly knows no limits
>>
>>3448738
Not really a shame, but I think my local arcade bought out the food place bisecting it to expand and have more games. I think they recently got in a couple prototype arcade games like Primal Rage 2 and Beavis & Butthead up and running for all to play.

My burger flipping job doesn't give me enough to afford the $15 all day pass, nor does it leave me with enough energy to take advantage of the place literally 12 minutes away.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.