[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /vr/ think of this game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (44KB, 376x265px)
image.jpg
44KB, 376x265px
What does /vr/ think of this game?
>>
>>3441893
I want kid marina to shake shake me, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>3441893
A friend bought this for me for my 18th birthday and I remember thinking it was funny that it asked me if I was 18 when I started the game.
>>
Not bad, but I prefer Alien Soldier and Sin & Punishment as far as Suganami games go.
>>
I don't really see why it gets praised so much when the gameplay is like a kirby game
>>
>>3441912
How is it like a Kirby game aside from being 2D?
>>
>>3441915
The gameplay and level design is simple making it incredibly casual

Storyline and bosses also remind me of Kirby
>>
>>3441902
My nigga.
>>
>>3441923
Plenty of games have simple level design. Kirby never timed you for S rank though.

As for the storyline and bosses... I have no clue what you're talking about.
>>
File: mischief2.png (125KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
mischief2.png
125KB, 320x240px
>>3441923
Kirby wishes it had bosses as great as MM.
>>
File: Marina.gif (109KB, 500x433px) Image search: [Google]
Marina.gif
109KB, 500x433px
My favorite platformer of all time. A or S ranked all levels and got every gold gem. I just think it provides so much for any player - like previously said, it can be as casual as you want, just fly through all the levels and beat the game, but the true fun is in 100% it or just going for those ranks. I guess because I speedrun I'm more inclined to speed oriented challenges but most of the levels are fun to speed through. Good fucking luck getting an S rank on the missile level, took me a good hour to get that. I just think the controls, mechanics, graphics, and music work together perfectly. I'm soon gonna be importing Treasure's other 2D 60fps N64 game Bangai-O and I'm sure it'll be fun too.
>>
>>3441929

>mfw trying to get an S rank on MM
>>
Decent game that has become le hidden gem that is an easy way to identify hipsters, along with Earthbound or LSD Dream Simulator.
>>
File: Mischief1413812080806.gif (186KB, 551x758px) Image search: [Google]
Mischief1413812080806.gif
186KB, 551x758px
>>3441959

How many S ranks did you get? There's quite a difference between S-ranking a level and A rank. S-rank requires TAS-levels of input.
I played this game as a kid and I finished it, but no way did I get all the gold gems. Played again some time ago after all these years and really got hooked on the mechanics, Marina is quite satisfying to control. I managed to get all the golden gems, and an average A rank on all levels, which can be said it's all there is to complete as far as content go, but I only managed to get 1 S rank: Stage 1. And it took me a lot of tries. I still can't do that grab cancel thing that speedrunners use. I managed to do it a bit but damn it's hard to do and just slows me down.

Bangai-O is great, you will enjoy it.
>>
Dogshit. It's nauseating. I'm not even trying to be a contrarion /VR/ asshole. This game is just an atrocity.
>>
It's good from what I've played
Doesn't emulate real well
N64 should have had more 2D games
>>
File: 1469157016114.jpg (230KB, 716x795px) Image search: [Google]
1469157016114.jpg
230KB, 716x795px
Great game I can't 100%, the yellow gem for the olympics level feels impossible to me.

Ok but seriously can anyone tell me how to get the true ending? From what I checked multiple websites gave me similar but slightly different methods.
>>
>>3445104
I actually couldn't get the olympics jewel myself but someone did it for me. Apparently the secret isn't doing it super fast but find the correct frequency. If you do it too fast apparently it counts the button presses incorrectly.

It's such a bullshit level
>>
It's incredible how the graphics look like complete dogshit in static pictures but when you actually play it and see how everything is animated so smoothly it really grows on you.

The blocks with those faces though still were a bad idea.
>>
>>3445104

The Day Of is really the hardest gem to obtain.
It is possible but it will take a lot of tries, you have to memorize the exact moment the race starts (you can use the music's tempo to count). You need to start as early as you can and time the double tap on the d-pad (not the c button) perfectly and as fast as possible.

To 100% the game you need to get every golden gem (this includes a secret one that you can get during the ending sequence) and getting an average A rank on every level (you can check the average by pressing B on the level select screen). You will need to get straight As for at least 4/5 of the game.
>>
>>3445115
>if you did it too fast apparently it counts the button presses incorrectly
Shit, never knew that. Thanks for the advice.
>>3445126
Thanks. I was seeing guides that said all A rank, average of A ranks, average of S rank and it was confusing the fuck out of me. Thanks, I plan to puck it up again soon.
>>
File: mischiefblockman.gif (2MB, 380x250px) Image search: [Google]
mischiefblockman.gif
2MB, 380x250px
>>3445123

I agree it looks a lot better in motion than on still pictures, but I really like the blocks. And Blockman is amazing.
>>
>>3445143
Yeah that segment was pretty neat
It's incredible how they try completely different ideas in most levels.
It's like each level is just complete experimentation on different level design approaches, and somehow they kept nailing it. They would overlay different gameplay mechanics while still not breaking the controls nor the fundamental way of interacting with the environment
>>
I thought it was interesting. I don't really understand the controls, so I can't play it too well, but my girlfriend absolutely loves it.

>>3445083
It emulates just fine from what I could see (not that I'd ever seen it on an actual N64, but there weren't any obvious issues). Check your plugins.
>>
>>3441893
shake shake
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.