[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lucasfilm's Habitat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: download.png (24KB, 628x480px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
24KB, 628x480px
Habitat was one off the world's first graphics based MMO's, available on the Commodore 64 back in 1986 and it functioned over QLink, the precursor to AOL.

You could go into the world and do a bunch of stuff, and it was basically the game that started online gaming and the MMO genre both.

Some hackers and coders have started a project to bring the game back online on a new server of sorts, and just released the source code on GitHub.

There's a very real chance we could have access to the worlds first MMO that only lived for a few years on Commodore 64 soon.
>>
It looks like total shit.
>>
Some captured footage
Crazy someone captured this shit back in the 80s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTtIzLZGNLw

And an article
https://www.engadget.com/2016/07/07/lucasfilm-games-mmo-habitat-code/
>>
>first MMO

So this game is the one to blame?
>>
>>3441673
That loading music is crazy chill.
>>
Not a fan of the genre but this is really cool, love seeing the constant emoticons even in '87.
>>
>>3441673

this is the most cursed footage i've ever viewed
>>
>>3441670
Is it almost time for school to start again?
>>
>>3441836
Even if she went to school she'd still make that post you idiot because nothing prevents a freakin kid from going on the internet during the school year you fucking moron. Christ hang yourself for spreading that stupid ass summer meme it's the worst and you're likely a summerfag yourself for thinking that crud is real SAGE AND REPORT THIS FUCKER right now if you want a cancer free /vr/.
>>
>>3441674
Yes, you can customize your character and buy hats (not with real money).
>>
They used to have a version of this up and running at the MADE.
>>
>>3441840
Guess there's still a few weeks to go.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.