[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chrono Trigger & Earthbound

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: download (14).jpg (12KB, 366x138px) Image search: [Google]
download (14).jpg
12KB, 366x138px
So I was at a flea market and noticed that the retro game area had a loose cart of Chrono Trigger for $60 and a loose cart of Earthbound for $70. Prices on amazon and Ebay are in the 200s. Is it worth it and which one is more of a bargain?
>>
You'll regret it if you don't purchase either.

Both are a great deal, but If your looking to spend less than 100 bucks, go with CT.
>>
You might be retarded if this is true. (It isn't)
>>
>>3441270
It is true. And no I'm not retarded. Just didn't have that much cash on me dude. Wasn't planning on buying anything.
>>
>>3441268
probably going to buy both tomorrow
>>
>>3441312
somebody prob grabbed them both already. should've offered 100 for both and haggled, its a flea market
>>
>>3441353
Nah, it was 4:30 and it closes at 5. they will probably be there tomorrow. At least one will.
>>
>>3441246
Would emulate both for free.
>>
>>3441246
Earthbound is a better bargain, but Chrono Trigger is a better game
>>
>>3441246
At prices like that, they're probably reproductions
>>
they're probably repos

they're too high to be random flea market prices and too low to be real prices
>>
Most definitely repros.
>>
>>3441471
>>3441439
>>3441438

Anyway to spot if its a reproduction by looking at the front of the cartridge? And if they are repoductions does it really matter? Won't I still profit from it anyways since most people aren't aware of that?
>>
>>3441485

So you just wanna buy them to flip 'em? Why not order them straight from China for like $15 a cart then??
>>
>>3441485
>Won't I still profit from it anyways since most people aren't aware of that?

You will have to sell them on craigslist to someone who knows less about video games than you do.

Think about it. You came on here to ask us if $60 or $70 is a good deal for these games. Anyone willing to spend the full price for EB or CT is going to know more than you. If you sell it on ebay/amazon you'd have to get extremely lucky not to get called on it and have them demand a refund. If you sell it in person you'll have to find someone really gullible.

And since you're pretty clueless about all this if they are repros its a terrible deal, you can find high quality repros for around $30 online, cheaper if you go with chinese repros.

It's either a really shitty deal on repros or an amazing deal on highly demanded carts that you probably slept on.
>>
>>3441494
That's true. But what if they weren't reproductions? Don't reproductions have anything to show if it's fake other than opening the game? Aren't things like the ESRB rating and nintendo seal of quality usually bigger on reproductions?
>>
>>3441509
It depends entirely on the quality of the repro, but the giveaway will be in the label. I haven't seen a repro label yet that's 100% indistinguishable from the real thing. However you'd have to really know your stuff to be sure, the only safe bet is to see the pcb.
>>
>>3441505
I will only buy them if they are real. How do I tell if they are by looking at it?
>>
>>3441518
Aren't reproduction labels usually faded or more green rather than blue?
>>
>>3441524
No. There are no general traits of repros because they are made by many different individuals with no quality or oversight. The only way to be sure will be to look at the pcb.
>>
there's an old expression. If something sounds to good to be true, it probably is.

Call the guy out on them being repros. See how he reacts.
>>
>>3441485
>Anyway to spot if its a reproduction by looking at the front of the cartridge?

Depends on the quality of the sticker. Good luck trying to resell that shit though. Anyone dropping that much on a game is going to pop it open with a security bit and see whether it's fake or not.

If you're legit thinking about buying them, ask the guy running the thing to pop them open with HIS security bit, which he will almost certainly have because HE'S got to be able to spot fakes. Or just straight up ask if they are repros and see what he says.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.