[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starcraft thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

File: wall1-1920x1200.jpg (490KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
wall1-1920x1200.jpg
490KB, 1920x1200px
Is /vr/ up for a Starcraft thread? I've been on a Starcraft binge lately and been really enjoying it. The atmosphere and story has been a lot better than I thought it would be, especially compared to the sequel. Also how much harder is the campaign in Brood War compared to vanilla?

>favorite unit
>>
>>3436650
Protoss

Reavers. There's nothing like ranged splash damage.
>>
>Zerg
>Mutas

StarCraft forums and UMS are some of my fondest /vr/ memories. Does anyone have a dump of UMS maps?
>>
>>3436682
There's a fairly good site with alot of uploads somewheree, found obscure ass UMS RPGs like The Legend of Magi just with google
>>
File: flash counter.jpg (228KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
flash counter.jpg
228KB, 1280x720px
>>3436650

http://www.pcgamesn.com/starcraft-brood-war/esports-asl-season-1

Broodwar's back baby!
>>
File: starcraft.jpg (244KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
starcraft.jpg
244KB, 1920x1080px
>>3436701

Next matchs

21st
22nd
>>
>>3436650
I'm a terran player all the way. Managed to reach low diamond league on starcraft 2 hots. I don't know what'd be my favorite unit, all them are important, but maybe marines or tanks
>>
File: Bearded tasteless.jpg (205KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Bearded tasteless.jpg
205KB, 1280x720px
>>3436703

English casting by Tasteless and Artosis. They phased out broodwar in Korea for SCII. They didn't want to do it. Blizzard forced them. But now they're bringing BW back.
>>
Protoss, I always go back to Protoss.

High Templar or Corsair. It's hard to choose, both are pretty powerful and useful.

HT gives you the amazingly powerful Lightning Storm, which when used with some good micro can let you decimate entire armies. Two storms are usually enough to wipe out Siege Tanks, Lurkers, or any other danger unit. And once they are spent you can always merge two of them into an Archon for some fantastic splash damage. Nothing stops someone stacking units quicker than a sudden rape by a High Templar. He'll spread those units out FAST.

Corsairs are OP as fuck and I still can't believe they don't get nerfed. Get enough Corsairs running and you will own the skies for the rest of the game. Everyone looks at the 5 damage and thinks "Man, these things are as weak as Probes!" People don't seem to realize they do splash damage and shoot REALLY fast. 12 vs 12 Mutas, the Mutas are fucking dead. 12 vs 12 Wraiths, the Wraiths are fucking dead unless you don't have an observer in the area. Disruption Web is just insult to injury, since you can hard-block any sort of ground offensive against the Corsairs. Fuckers move fast too.
>>
>>3436709
My fave SC2 unit is by far the Viking.
>>
>>3436650
Carriers. Love it when they take eveeythung apart.
>>
File: ca04.jpg (98KB, 640x480px)
ca04.jpg
98KB, 640x480px
>>3437042
I really like the design of carriers. They have this weird and alien look to them, but I cant tell if they also look intimidating or incredibly goofy.
>>
File: 14698591416.png (5KB, 85x80px) Image search: [Google]
14698591416.png
5KB, 85x80px
My wife for hire!
>>
>>3436650
I must admit, I really like the look of the old cutscenes. The new games have some amazingly rendered ones, but the old ones are still unsettling to this day.

Watching the Amerigo Station attack scene in the dark as a kid, and witnessing a marines face exploding out of nowhere, haunted me many a night.

And the entire Brood War opening is just fucking amazing from an atmospheric standpoint.
>>
>>3439001
ROSE EATIN
>>
File: Goliath_SC1_Art1.jpg (43KB, 666x600px) Image search: [Google]
Goliath_SC1_Art1.jpg
43KB, 666x600px
Terran and Goliaths forever. I don't know what happened to the goliath pilots in 2 but Blizzard really dropped the ball on the VA.

Brood War is a decent step up in difficulty from vanilla but you can still steam roll the AI by turtling until air.
>>
File: starcraft usb.png (116KB, 290x246px) Image search: [Google]
starcraft usb.png
116KB, 290x246px
Used to love all those bound maps, like Dr. Pepper Bound and Anger Bound. 3 years ago my friend gave me a usb stick that has Brood War preloaded into it that came with the special edition of SC2, if I can find wherever it is then I'd start playing again.
>>
>>3439092
I don't think anything was wrong with the SC2 Goliath VA, but the unit portrait was fucking awful. They turned it into a literal neckbeard.

Speaking of VA's, I remember how cool the science vessel in the demo for SC1 sounded. Imagine my surprise when they made him sound like Mr. Burns in the final game.
>>
>>3439190
>how cool the science vessel in the demo for SC1 sounded
that was a specific character, they just happened to use the science vessel portrait for him
>>
>>3439092
The VA sounds bored to me, although I agree that the portrait is far worse. The vulture got it the worst of all though, he sounds like he wants to die.

The science vessel doesn't just sound like Mr. Burns, that actually is Harry Shearer.
>>
Dark Archon Utter Madness was always great fun, provided the host wasn't a faggot who altered the units so his chosen unit was OP. It got to the point where anyone first joining would ask the host to change to a different unit, and would leave if they didn't. Besides that, it was a fun UMS map. All the fun of micro and macro without the work of gathering resources or building.

Other than that, the only UMS map I really played a lot of was Smash T.V.
>>
>>3439210
Meant this for >>3439190
>>
>>3436650
Terran
Hydralisks
>>
>>3436650
i want HD
>>
>>3439817

>double field of view to 1280x960
>add a little border
>shift status screen to left hand side

Might be cool.
>>
>>3439845
I thought they we essentially remaking the entire game just with the SC2 engine?

I never played Brood War online, but I'd love to try. Much like SC2, I'd get my ass kicked though.
>>
>>3440023
>remaking the entire game just with the SC2 engine?
gross
>>
>>3440034
Well, what else would the point of an update be? The original game still exists.
>>
>>3440023
They are absolutely not remaking the game on the SC2 engine. It will probably be similar to the Age of Empires 2 HD release where not much of the core changes. Just better support for modern OS, larger field of view, and better binds.
>>
>>3440023
There's a mod that does that I can't recall the name of. Something like Recall, I think. Supposedly, and this is according to a leak so who take it with a grain of salt, BWHD is supposed to be the same core with just updated visuals for modern resolutions and such. Wouldn't be surprised at all though if Blizzard stripped LAN support though.
>>
How do I git gud in this type of games (any RTS, actually)? Is the AI cheating on me or something? Am I too slow to build my base?
>>
>>3440490
more apm

right now i'm at max 12

koreans have 40000 apm
>>
>>3440490
Make more workers, spend your money.
>>
>>3440393

mass recall, is scheduled to be updated to LOTV until September

>http://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/starcraft-mass-recall/
>http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/303166-starcraft-mass-recall-sc1-campaigns-on-sc2-thread
>>
>>3436650
Terran

Goliath - Fuck I love that air attack range
>>
August 22th 2016

It's real. SCMR Legacy Edition will be out within a week.
>>
I got burned out on RTS long before Starcraft came out. SC was just more of the exact same things I've been doing forever in older RTS games. No variety, nothing appealing, all the same stuff basically copy and pasted from older games.

What was the point unless SC was your first goddamn RTS?
>>
>>3444087
>three perfectly balanced races
>very high skill ceiling
>UseMapSettings custom maps that change gameplay
>No variety
Is this bait?

>>3444086
SCBW missions in SC2's engine? What the hell is the point, unless you enjoy the deathball gameplay of SC2?
>>
>>3444161
Being able to have smart casting
>>
>>3439210
>The science vessel doesn't just sound like Mr. Burns, that actually is Harry Shearer.
I don't know how this misinformation started. It was Jason Hayes doing a Mr. Burns impression in SC & Brood War and Robin Atkin Downes in SC2.
>>
>>3439210
>>3445201
https://twitter.com/jasonhayesmusic
This is Jason. He works for Blizzard and does a little bit of VA.
>>
Why are the Brood War songs so shit compared to the original soundtrack?
>>
>>3446985
Agreed. Likely a completely different composer.
>>
>>3444161

>using BW last balance patch notes

remove the goat cum of your fucking eyes 1st
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.