[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why are the weapons in MegaMan 5 so shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: mm5chart.gif (3KB, 198x205px) Image search: [Google]
mm5chart.gif
3KB, 198x205px
So why are the weapons in MegaMan 5 so shit?
>>
File: bcan.jpg (30KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
bcan.jpg
30KB, 480x360px
>Power Stone
christ don't remind me
>>
Playing all the number games in order and this game seems to be the worst.please tell me it gets better...
>>
I mean mega man 5 seems the worst
>>
Other than Metal Man and Ballade's weapons, I always use the Buster. Why bother using anything else when your main weapon works fine?
>>
>>3436194
MM5 has some shitty weapons, but they aren't all shitty. Star Man's weapon is maybe the best shield-type weapon in the series. Gyro Man and Wave Man's weapons are both solid. Crystal Man is situational but very strong if used well. Gravity Man is extremely under-rated, and probably the strongest weapon in the game. That leaves stone, charge, and napalm man's weapons, which are all shite.

On the plus side, though, MM5 has the most over-powered weapons in the game.. the Super Arrow, and motherfuckin' BEAT.

Also MM5 has one of the best soundtracks out of any megaman game, period. Also some of the best graphics/aesthetic. I love this game. I don't care who knows. It's better than 1 4 and 6 in my opinion.
>>
>>3436194
leave the besst MM alone! The M Buster is nuff
>>
>>3436226

5, 6 and 7 are definitely the lowest point of the classic series. Not because of any horrendous gameplay flaws or anything, but because they're the very definition of half-assed rehashes.

Capcom was headed in a nice direction with 8, &Bass and Powered UP! but sadly regressed hard due to nostalgiafag demand. A real pity, that.

I'm expecting this post to be labeled as bait due to said folks inhabiting this board in droves, but eh.
>>
>>3436313
>7
>bad
I will fite you.
>>
>>3436313
>8
>good
This is a hilarious joke perpetuated by people who were introduced to the franchise by PS1 X games.
>>
File: Image.jpg.png (269KB, 500x472px)
Image.jpg.png
269KB, 500x472px
>>3436338
>8, PS X games
>bad

This is a hilarious joke perpetuated by Nintendo fanboys who regard the Playstation as an enemy and refuse to acknowledge any IPs that migrated to it as good out of sheer contempt for Sony.
>>
>>3436362
He's wrong about X4 but the rest of Playstation Megaman games are trash.
>>
>>3436373
8 PSX: Meh. Lame story, but hilariously bad voice acting.

8 Saturn: At least the instrumentation on the soundtrack is better. Also, dat Wood Man and Cut Man cameo.

X4: Holy shit, it's awesome! The gameplay, the voice acting, the story.

X5: What the fuck, Capcom? It's not as bad as X7, but it's close. Rehashed gameplay with nothing new or exciting added. Although, no cutscene voice acting.

X6: At least it's not X5 or X7. A better effort was made here, although still, tons of rehash.

X7: Garbage
>>
>>3436484
How about Legends 1-2 and X8?
>>
>>3436484
X8 is okay; better than X7 but very boring
>>
>>3436226
>Metal Man punching himself in the face
kek <--
kek
kek
kek
>>
Ya as I'm playing through more the star shield is actually alright and mega buster is a lot of fun to use
>>
>>3436249
>Star Man's weapon is maybe the best shield-type weapon in the series
Junk Shield and Jewel Satellite say hi.
>>
>>3436194
They pretty much ran out of ideas at that point.
>>
>>3436236
>Why bother using anything else when your main weapon works fine?
When the weapons are well-designed, using them in the correct situations makes things much more convenient and quicker (especially if you have to charge the buster, which is very pace-killing)
>>
I like Megaman 5 just because it has the fastest game engine. Especially when compared to MM4.

Compare things like the screen transition speed, and how long it takes health meters to fill.
>>
i actually really enjoy 5. the weapons arent memorable but honestly most of the franchises weapons arent for me.
>>
>>3436924
Legends 1 and 2 are actually alright. Most of my friends didn't know what to make of them, but I liked them enough.

A shame Capcom pulled the plug on the series.
>>
>>3440798
>A shame Capcom pulled the plug on the series.
It's pretty tragic there are only several dozen games in the Mega Man franchise. Gone too soon. Seems like it's only the good series that get cut short like that.
>>
Is the 3DS Megaman Legacy Collection okay?
>>
Great
megaman 2
megaman 3
megaman 4
megaman 9
megaman X
megaman zero 2
megaman zero 3
megaman zero 4

good:
megaman
megaman 5
megaman 6
megaman zero
megaman x 2
megaman ZX

average:

megman X3 (snes)
megaman 7
megaman 10
megaman ZX advent

bad:
megaman 8
megaman and bass
megaman X 3 (ps1)
megaman X4

abysmal:
megamnX5
megaman X6
MegamanX7
MegamanX8
>>
>>3436194
Because Mega Man 5 is shit in general
>>
In the mood to relive some Megaman. Which should I play guys? Or should I play Megaman and Bass on SNES? I never did get around to it.
>>
>>3440859
No. I forget whether it was 5 or 6, but one of the two has a complete garbage port with constant severe sound issues.
>>
>>3440954

This. MM5 might be the worst classic game. If we're counting nuclassic stuff, MM10 gives it a run for its money.
>>
>>3436313
>6
>bad
i'll fite u
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.