[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Video Game Zine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 20090901-Canzine-10.jpg (135KB, 590x394px) Image search: [Google]
20090901-Canzine-10.jpg
135KB, 590x394px
What happened to that zine project you guys were working on? I saw a thread about it a while back.
>>
>>3435068
People left because of all the bs.
Even I was just passing by to see whats up.
Board is dead,bury it.
>>
Same thing that always happens. People got too ambitious and trying to do a community collaboration on an anonymous pachinko smuggling board is a bad idea because no one is accountable.
>>
>>3435249
What bs?

It's just funny that when i found the thread I was in the mood to publish something.

If people are still making content or have articles they want to share I'd like to make a mock up.
>>
>>3435068
Just internal strife. Dindus gonna dindu
>>
>>3435294
Well you guys post some stuff. I'm going to revive this. Believe in the zine.
>>
>>3435068
Possible topics from post in the archives

>game dev hardware: ultra64,ps1 devkits, how they are used
>game dev companies: rare, nintendo etc.
>game dev limitations
>battlestations sections: post your pictures of peoples battlestations and comment on them
>rarest games: explain why they're rare and how much they go for
>talk about how certain games were made: can be worked into limitations
>game devs: write mini bio's on certain devs, how they got into game dev and what they've accomplished
>game company fails: talk about some of the worst marketing decisions or releases that have come from game dev companies (virtual boy, nintendo vs. sony and the 64dd)
>console wars: 64 vs ps1
>ps1 graphics: talk about why the 3d is kinda weird and how it works
>hold polls on /vr/ and post the results in the magazine: example, FF1 vs Zelda 1, also post peoples opinions
>hidden gems: talk about some of the best games that went completely unknown, example: The Guardian Legend for the NES
>innovative games: talk about games that spawned innovation, example: OOT, i-robot, starfox etc. you could also talk about unique mechanics and why they worked so well
>craigslist complaints: post pictures of overpriced craigslist and ebay listings and complain about them
>crt guide: best crt's to look out for
>community contributions: rom hacks, doom wads, console mods, anything cool that the folks of /vr/ have made
>how to: how to mod your n64, ps1, nes, how to fix n64 joysticks, how to solder etc. what to do/not to do when installing mods/chips etc.
>The GBA Debate: Should it be discussed in /vr/? For and against arguments
>the cutting room floor: talk about secrets things left in games
>past rumours: discuss playground rumours in games, eg. unlock luigi in sm64 or nude lara croft cheat
>>
>>3435453
Let's start with 16 pages excluding 4 pages for inner and outer cover.

Topics I would like to see:
-Console War: N64 vs PlayStation
>the horsepower of each system, launch games per region, price, pros and cons, innovations
-Appreciation Station: PC Engine
>what made this system so good, what made it so bad, variants
-Evolve: computer graphics through time
>either start with PC, consoles, or handhelds, or all
-Tech: CRT Guide and Cables
>set up diagrams, TV specs, which cables are good for what
-Developer Spotlight: Composers
>bios and gameography of popular and less known composers, recommended game and tracks
-Collection Room: /vr/ physical game collections/systems
>game & watch collections, atarin collections, systems, controllers, memorabilia

That's 6 basic subjects and of course I'm open to suggestion of changes.

If you peeps write the articles, I'll have to do research to verify information. I'll do formatting, layout, and editing. If you have pictures to share that'd be helpful, otherwise I'll aquire that too.

Believe in the zine.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
>>
>>3435635
But I'm not using a trip.
Anyway, I'm off to lick my dog's anus. See you guys later!
>>
>>3435639
Good one Gor.

>>3435635
Old meme, stupid tripfag.
>>
We're still working on it. We moved all discussion and whatnot about it to a private mailing list since /vr/ isn't really a good place to discuss things. These days there are too many false-flagging /v/-tier posters like these people:
>>3435249
>>3435287
>>3435294
They were never involved, but they can't wait to shit on something.

Work is going forward, we aren't quite at the ready-to-publish stage, but we are getting there. There's about 7-8 of us working on it, plus the editor. We'll probably make a thread about it when it's ready to be published.
>>
I did not know this was a thing, I am into collecting comics, mags, undergrounds. Really love the care that goes into self published things. So good luck and I am looking forward to it.
>>
>>3436569
I'd be down to contribute to this at some point. I wrote a retrospective on Ys Book I and II recently but I'd also be willing to do a deep-research-dive
>>
I'd buy a copy.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.