[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Louisiana floods have me concerned, having me think about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

The Louisiana floods have me concerned, having me think about how easily my whole collection could be destroyed. Do you have any sort of disaster plan for your game collection? Do you have any sort of escape route for them if you're struck with a flood? A fire?
>>
There is a service that covers this sort of thing. It's called insurance.
>>
>>3433948
>a service that will never pay you what you claim and even when they do it takes a long time and it will only be a small percentage and you better still have all your receipts for the shit you claim
>your insurance money will go to fixing your house, not a fucking dime will go towards replacing your games

babby never own a house?
>>
>>3433948

Yep, because it's super easy to replace a copy of Stadium Events. Heck they're making new ones daily.
>>
http://www.warcry.com/gallery/view/26/107035/88.6
>>
>>3433967
Babby has had a house that flooded before and lost some games because of it. Got every cent that was claimed for losses, repairs and enough to renovate the floor. The replacement vidya is still with me today.

>>3433969
Nothing of value will be lost.
>>
>>3433945
No shit.
This is why I sold my collection long ago.
>>
>>3433945
No but I think about this sort of thing a lot, mainly in relation to house fires.

My priorities beside my cat are a) my other cat's ashes/belongings, b) box of important files, c) my computer

How does insurance cover your games? Do you have to provide proof of what you owned so they reimburse you the value or just lie and they accept it?

The rest will get saved if I have enough time but if not oh well.
>>
>>3433998
I don't believe you and as someone who has had insurance claims more than once I can honestly say you're full of shit and you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
I have a green plastic bin that my monitor is currently sitting on top of. Inside of it are some of my anime collection. I also have 2 drawers full of my boxed SNES games and more anime dvds so I can just yank those out and carry them to the truck. I practiced my time once many years ago and it took me less than 2 minutes to move everything in 3 trips. My dog was alive then so now I think I can get it done in under 1 minute 20 seconds.
>>
>>3434018
Not him but you need to get a better provider then, not the first one you see on TV.

I haven't had a single issue with insurance claims on my house, car and contents.
>>
>>3434024
I have one of the best providers in one of the best states in the US. If you can't provide proof they aren't going to give you shit, especially when it comes to 25+ year old games. I'm still laughing at that one idiot who really expects anyone to believe his insurance company replaced his games. Probably just some kid whose parents replaced his shit after a flood when he was 10 now he thinks that's how the world works.
>>
>>3434018
You sound bitter about being fucked over by some shitty insurance provider. Did they sell it to you by going door to door?
>>
>>3434037
Actually, I was 12 so shut the fuck up you stupid fag nobody believes you anyway
>>
>>3433998
>Nothing of value will be lost.

Are you retarded?
Stadium events has a TON of value. As in it is literally more than some cars.
>>
>>3434037
Admittedly I've never made any claims with video games or anything but they quickly replaced my TV after a thunderstorm. If your provider drags their feet during every claim and fights tooth and nail to process them then clearly they're not the best. How have they been with other claims?
>>
>>3434041
>hurrdurr I'm retard who has never owned his own home

All I heard. You should really send your parents a bottle of wine for replacing your games... since you now realize what they went through to get them back for you. Assuming you're even over 21 which I doubt. Fucking knowitall shitkids around here these days I swear I can't wait for the summer to be over.
>>
>>3434042
Speaking as someone who works in insurance, if you got 99% of agents they would laugh at someone trying to claim $1000+ on an NES game and immediately assume you're trying to scam the company.
>>
>>3434042
And yet it's a completely worthless game to own. Nobody has ever said "oh shit man, is that Stadium Events? fuck, you must be loaded! can I suck your dick?" Not even nerds care about a $100,000 title screen. It's just sad.
>>
>>3434048
Look here asshat my whole family works in the insurance biz ok? I forgot more about insurance before my balls dropped than you'll ever know. Any decent insurance company will replace any insured goods in your home, doesn't matter what they are. You think someones going to look at your claim and be all

> hurr durr gamez iz 4 kids NO DEAL

???
>>
>>3434054
>> hurr durr gamez that are no longer made and can't be verified that you even own them so you will get a 1/10 of your total claimed value hurr hurr

That's exactly how it will go, this isn't an xbone we're talking about here or a brand new TV that can be found just from credit card history. No wonder you live in a fucking trailer park cletus. Tell your parents to switch fields.
>>
>>3434037
I made not be in amerikanastan but I literally had nothing more than a handful of photos and an excel spreadsheet of what I owned and my insurance replaced everything after my condo (partially) burned down

Mind you I had about 30 games in total, but i had my consoles, controllers, everything replaced, even stuff that you really couldn't verify in the photos
>>
>>3434014
If you have Home Owners insurance, you pay a certain amount every month, and if a disaster happens, you get an upfront amount to fix your home and replace your stuff. So in my example if my home were flooded I would be cut a check for 150k to fix my home and replace my stuff. But an insurance adjuster will come in and do a survey to cut the check for as little as needed.
>>
>>3434085
That guy's just being a contrarian asshole. Any good insurance company will replace losses. And if you actually value your plastic than why would you not have a log or recent photos?

>Oh yeah, my house burned down. I lost my complete Neo Geo AES collection, an original Van Gogh, and a first pressing Lord of the Rings signed by Tolkien. Give me money.
>>
>>3433948
Insurance is a good idea, but this is purely monetary. They can't replace things which are no longer available. I don't have a large enough collection for it to be a problem. My friend puts more common games on the bottom shelves of his bookcases and has his collection insured for $30k. The super rare stuff is kept up high.
>>
If my house is on fire or some other disaster, my old games are going to be quite low on the list. Must suck having no real memories and nobody to love.
>>
>>3433945
I lost my childhood game collection (NES through Playstation) back in Katrina. My solution nowadays is to live on the second floor.
>>
>>3433945
The real solution is emulation, nothing to loose.
>>
>>3434047
>Admittedly I've never made any claims with VIDEO GAMES

>replaced my TV

jesus anon, that's what the other anon has been stating all along, theres no comparisson between a discrete home appliance and several pieces of old stuff with wild variation in prices
>>
>>3434159
>having no real memories
jesus faggot normie, you still backup your wife's son childhood photos in cdrom and keep it in the house? because believe there are ppl alive that only have physical photographs of some stuff
>>
File: depression dave.jpg (36KB, 600x420px) Image search: [Google]
depression dave.jpg
36KB, 600x420px
>>3433945
Just let the water take you if it comes.
>>
>>3433945
Lots and lots of plastic bags lol
>>
>>3433945
My disaster plan for my game collection is a flash drive. My survival is more important than any physical copies of videogames.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.