[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone emulate some PC-88? Favourite games? Any particular set

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: ys1pc88-06.png (8KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
ys1pc88-06.png
8KB, 640x400px
Anyone emulate some PC-88? Favourite games? Any particular set up? I just installed M88 (unofficial 2013 build) and gave Hydlide a try, it's pretty neat. I had some issues with the sound being crackly and weird, but turning all the checkbox options on in the settings seems to improve it for the most part.
>>
I prefer Hydlide on the X1 for the scrolling.
>>
>>3430846
I still haven't really looked at in depth comparisons of the different versions. Are there any good games that are best on or exclusive to PC-88/98?
>>
>>3430848
On the 98 there's too many to count but the 88 is often outdone by the 98 or others.
There should still be decent exclusives, particularly if you have a thing for Japanese adventures of that time.
>>
Most games I'm interested in have a 98 version, but I love PC-88/98 games!

I find it hard to find them though!
>>
>>3431002
Here's a PC88 pack courtesy of Tokugawa Corps:
https://mega.nz/#!dZMF2CjC!c1iVdTMAwW5YzG2pCJ-NAEk_H2uOsslMSXnFGUqKW6w
>>
OP is probably too specific, but feel free to talk about other systems like PC-98, FM-7, etc. Not much discussion that I've seen about old Japanese PC games in general, so no point limiting it to the 88 series.
>>
X68000 the best
>>
>>3431018

neat!

Got any pack for PC-98 or Sharp X68000 ? The No-Intro Collection doesn't have much in the way of japanese computers, apart from the MSX
>>
Are any of the PC-88/ PC-98 emulators for Wii any good? Which ones should I get?
>>
Does anyone here know a japanese source for those ROMs? I'm looking for a very rare game called VOTOMS: Black Unicorn (装甲騎兵ボトムズ ブラック・ユニコーン), and the only two references I've found were paid download services in Japan.

There's an article talking about it here:
http://naknak.html.xdomain.jp/game/tirasi/botomz.html

I've download three sets (including >>3431018) and I've never found this ROM in any of them.
>>
>>3431185
There's a X68000 fullset in Emuparadise, I think.
PC-98 is upwards of 5 GB, because some games come on CDs.
>>
File: c_s1243613357_10.jpg (166KB, 230x332px) Image search: [Google]
c_s1243613357_10.jpg
166KB, 230x332px
>>3431140
I've been playing through the OG touhou games.
I like them, but I find that the bullets blend into the background way too fucking much, and the games lack the ability to focus shots and slow down. I love the games atmosphere though. I have nothing against little girls in touhou of all things, but I love how some enemy bosses are just demons or whatever, and how Reimu needs Genji to fly.

>>3431243
I'd like to see this too
>>
>>3431247
PC98 is over 5GB well without CDs because some games came on a dozen floppies.
CD images are a bitch to get. In some cases you can use FM Towns images since the discs supported both systems.

There's two large sets in the Internet Archive
https://archive.org/details/PC98_Games_1813
https://archive.org/details/pc98-maker-betsu-tsumeawase
Not sure if one has more games than the other.
>>
>>3431018

Awesome, thanks guy.
>>
File: still sword.png (240KB, 1280x1200px) Image search: [Google]
still sword.png
240KB, 1280x1200px
Last game I beat was Still Sword for Adult, a simple action RPG.
It was originally released as an all ages game called Still Sword where you take the role of a male hero, rescue princesses and defeat an evil dragon.
This caused some confusion to why an eroge company like Fairytale would release a non-H game and ultimately they released an adult version with more humorous sprites and events.

As for settings I mainly use the ones that displays odd lines, remembers the last state and automatically names screenshots.

An important thing to remember is when to use V1 and V2 mode. If you try to play a V2 game with V1 mode you will normally just get a message reminding you to switch but playing a V1 game in V2 mode can cause glitches.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.