[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your favorite team composition for Final Fantasy 1?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: ff1.png (54KB, 180x174px) Image search: [Google]
ff1.png
54KB, 180x174px
What is your favorite team composition for Final Fantasy 1?
>>
>>3430153
I'm a traditionalist. Fighter, Black Belt, White Mage, Black Mage. Yeah, I swap out the Thief for the Black Belt, but that's because Thieves suck.
>>
File: 1468130904061.png (11KB, 570x500px) Image search: [Google]
1468130904061.png
11KB, 570x500px
>>3430153
The best one
>>
>>3430153
4 Black Belts

-No class change for that sweet, sweet Magic Defense.
-armor bug alows 3 ribbons and a proring while keeping 50 defense
-free space for all spell casting items
-Oh, and each member of the team can one-hit Chaos.

Hand of God
>>
>>3430193
I'm running this right now. Pretty good shit.
>>
>>3430153
classic.

Fighter, Thief, Black Mage, White Mage
I'd like the Red Mage to be more viable but due to being like a bard, his versatility doesn't help him much late game.
>>
Fighter, Red Mage, Red Mage, White Mage

Good early, though by the end the Reds are just buff machines.
>>
Who cares about the most overpowered team?

What really matters to get the most out of this game is a stimulating and involving team.

All members must be mages otherwise the game will devolve into press A to win.

The question is how many of each type (red, white, and black) is the most enjoyable experience?
>>
>>3430330
>The question is how many of each type (red, white, and black) is the most enjoyable experience?
Do you really want to rely on a party of all mages in a game with vancian magic, where the intelligence stat does nothing and some spells don't work as described?
>>
File: 8bit.jpg (7KB, 138x177px) Image search: [Google]
8bit.jpg
7KB, 138x177px
I can't not play FF1 without getting into an 8bith theater kind of mood
>>
>>3430475
I fucking miss 8bit theater. I might read it all again sometime soon.
>>
Fighter, Fighter, Red Mage, White Mage

Black Belts are useless and thieves take too much work to make good. Black Magic is also useless, you just need healing, some buff dudes and garland's going down
>>
>>3430170
This, also I still name my characters after the ones in the Nintendo Power guide.
Bors, Lee, Jed, Toth 4lyfe
>>
File: final_fantasy_i_black_wizard.png (5KB, 300x399px) Image search: [Google]
final_fantasy_i_black_wizard.png
5KB, 300x399px
I miss this glamorous fucker. Why did they drop this design in the remakes?
>>
I went fighter, b.mage, w.mage, thief

but if I did it again i'd drop fighter cause thief ends up faster.

but I already killed warmech and chaos so I don't really need to replay 1 anymore.
>>
>>3430630
He doesn't look like anything special.
>>
File: 1390065843425.png (4KB, 256x240px) Image search: [Google]
1390065843425.png
4KB, 256x240px
>>3430628
>>3430170
Mah niggas. Except I usually named the characters after myself and 3 of my buddies.

>>3430630
>tfw when you promote your black mage to a black wizard and equip him with a Cat's Claw

pic kinda related
>>
File: ULUS10251_00001.jpg (162KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
ULUS10251_00001.jpg
162KB, 960x544px
Fighter/Monk/White Mage/Black Mage

Quad Monks can also be pretty fun, but it's also pretty broken.
>>
I usually solo with one white mage. Only way I prefer to play.
>>
I've only played through it once. I went with Fighter, Black Belt, Thief and White Mage. In future runs I'd go for more magic.
>>
File: The End.jpg (178KB, 1024x812px) Image search: [Google]
The End.jpg
178KB, 1024x812px
Just finished playing with Fighter, Red Mage, White Mage, Black Mage.
It seemed like the only black magic really worth casting was damage spells and haste, so most spells went unused. Things like death spells and hold/stop/stun never seemed to make sense to cast over damage spells. This has me thinking of trying a run where I don't buy any damage spells.
>>
>>3430468
Yes. Magic is fun.
>>
>>3430847
Bals to the wall is the all fighter team, you should have been more creative with an all black belt team. Something like YOUR ALRE DEE DEAD.
>>
>>3430153
Knight, Red Mage, Monk and White Mage
>>
Fighter, Thief, Black Belt, Red Mage

>>3432547

ALL
IN
THE
MIND
?
>>
>>3430153
4 red mages
>great weapons
>decent armor
>all the best buff spells
>healing
>>
>>3432547
>YOUR ALRE DEE DEAD

I'm using this if I ever do an all blackbelt run.
>>
>>3432524
IIRC some of the status effect spells don't even work.

When I was a kid I always just went with what the NP strategy guide recommended if I wasn't sure, as far as what spells to buy.
>>
>>3432524
Do it on the play station version or play a ROM hack that fixes the spells while you're at. Makes it a lot better game.
>>
>>3433725
Playing anything other than the 1987 original is living in a state of sin.
>>
>>3430153
Fighter, Red, Black, White.
>>
Fighter, Red, Monk, Black

in that order
>>
>>3430153
Fighter, Fighter, Black Mage, White Mage
>>
>>3432524
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1631/
Here, I fixed your FF1 for you.

I really wish someone would do the same for FF2 though. That game has an ambitious as fuck combat system but it is frustrating as fuck if you don't know where the bugs are and don't understand the practically undocumented Encumbrance penalties.
>>
>>3434876
>FF2 fix
No way. Excluding the Ultima bug, FF2 is perfect.

The "Deepest Lore" mentality needed to understand it 100% is part of its' charm. Just read some mechanics faqs.
>>
What should the 4th member of a squad with 3 Black Mages be?
>>
>>3435336
a rope, so them and you can all kill yourselves

>using magic in FF1
>ever
>>
>>3434876
>frustrating as fuck if you don't know where the bugs

Casual baby needs to rely on bugs. top keks
>>
>>3435338
>implying the damage and cure spells aren't good
pls
>>
>>3430860
>PSP remake

Times News Disgusting.
>>
>>3436409
>not playing the PSP remake at least once for the sweet music and the bonus tribute dungeons

pleb
>>
>>3435336
A black mage.
>>
>>3435887
The damage spells can be casted from equipment for free and it does the same damage as the ones cast by a Black Mage.
Cure spells can just be replaced by potions. You get more than enough money anyway since the only expensive thing in the shops are all those useless spells.
>>
I usually did Fighter, Black Belt, Black Mage, White Mage as a kid but now I want to do something different.

I was going to start Dino Crisis this weekend but now I know what I'm doing...

I was going to start
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.