[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Refurbishing a SNES controller

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (145KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
145KB, 1920x1080px
I've previously bought replacement rubber pads for my SNES controllers from eBay, but they were complete shit. Is there a reputable seller that provides good ones?

Alternatively does Nintendo do in-house refurbs?
>>
>>3429850

>does Nintendo do inhouse refurbs

What do you think this is? 1991?

You're better off just buying a new fucking controller mate.
>>
>>3429850
Theres snes controlers for wii...
>>
>>3429892
they plug into a wiimote though
>>
I've got a question about snes controller repair, so I'm going to steal OP's thread to ask it

I've got this controller that, for whatever reason, takes a ton of pressure to get it to register the down direction. I've opened it up and it's totally clean in there, and it doesn't feel different in any way. Can I fix this?
>>
>>3429912
Change the wires....or rip it apart for spares....
>>
>>3429930
I take it then that there are no good options regarding spare rubber parts
>>
>>3429935
Or you could buy a third party controller.
>>
>>3429850
https://mortoffgames.com/gameboy-color-conductive-pad-set-p62-p202.html

I replaced the pads in both my controllers with these and was very happy with them. Take it with a grain of salt however, we might have different standards but I would recommend them.
>>
Just buy the cheap 3rd party clones from AliExpress or eBay.
>>
>>3429861
>What do you think this is? 1991?
m8 Super Famicom in-hourse support stopped around 2007

but now that i think about it, that's almost 10 years ago
>>
File: side-by-side-laid-out-cropped.jpg (2MB, 3259x2381px) Image search: [Google]
side-by-side-laid-out-cropped.jpg
2MB, 3259x2381px
8bitdo's controllers are pretty dang good and they should be compatible with original controllers.
Maybe try contacting them and seeing if they'll sell you some replacement pads.

Their controllers can actually be used on real hardware with an adapter as well.
>>
>>3429926
Maybe the little black pads aren't clean? They need to not be shiny
>>
>>3429850
I greatly enjoy doing this. I bought an old snes controller at a flea market. It was dirty. It had a ring of brown muck that filled the joining ridge of the 2 halves of it, the start button wouldn't work very well, the buttons were sticky, and it just looked spotty and dirty all around. I took it apart, swabbed every piece down real good with an all purpose cleaner, but it back together, and it was literally as good as brand new. It felt fresh, the buttons were making the clean clickity clack sounds and were all perfectly responsive, and the whole thing was a clean, smooth grey. I swear to God it looked right out of the box. It's one of the most satisfying things in the world.
>>
File: Bryan 1.gif (2MB, 200x112px) Image search: [Google]
Bryan 1.gif
2MB, 200x112px
>>3430425
>tfw cleaning old shit 'til it's good as new
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.