[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a good remake, or should I stick to the original NES game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: cover.jpg (315KB, 500x485px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
315KB, 500x485px
Is this a good remake, or should I stick to the original NES game?
>>
It's shitty and the graphics and music have actually aged worse than the NES version.
>>
>>3427067
It's definitely worth playing.
>>
Stick in what sense? They aren't the same game.

Play the game and decide for yourself.

>>3427079
You're still here?
>>
File: 1468240738481.jpg (72KB, 283x300px) Image search: [Google]
1468240738481.jpg
72KB, 283x300px
>>3427074
>>3427079
>trolling this hard
mfw
>>
>>3427067
I think it's actually pretty good. it has better music, more unique environmental assets, better enemy placement, etc.

only gay thing is that some of the challenges are more arbitrary than in the original. also the sound design apart from the music is horrendous
>>
>>3427067
X68000 is a remake in a loose sense. Not as loose as Super Castlevania IV, but loose. The majority of the game is new, and much of the borrowed stuff is remixed significantly, keeping only the core concepts of levels.

I think it's one of the best Castlevania games. It's worth playing either way.
>>
>tfw the janitor has a vendetta against Australia-kun
>>
It's the canon Simon Belmont game so, yea its worth playing
>>
>>3427067
it's a good game.
telling you ahead of time.
when selecting the version of the game, hold down L1 and R1, it will let you select the sound cards you had to use for the original.
it's the difference between this
https://youtu.be/IMDcDmnBGD0
and this
https://youtu.be/jLLB3qNEOlg
>>
>>3427067
the fuck? chronicles was supposed to be a remake?
>>
>>3427067
They're both different enough to be worth your time.
>>
>>3427067

It's not a remake. Make sure you play the original instead of the ps1 version though, the original is also included with the ps1 version so you can just play it from there.
>>
>>3427238

Janitors having a vendetta against shitposting? On my 4chan?
>>
File: 777626-sfac_xbox_us.jpg (123KB, 640x923px) Image search: [Google]
777626-sfac_xbox_us.jpg
123KB, 640x923px
>>3427240

I wish more compilations had cool shit like this.

Hyper Street Fighter II let you switched between CPS1 or CPS2 soundtracks, even for the tracks that originally didn't have CPS1 versions.
>>
>>3427067

They're COMPLETELY different games.

There's like 4-5 Castlevania games that take the original storyline and make completely new games. They're not remakes at all. Completely new levels and bosses.

>Castlevania (famicom)
>Vampire Killer (msx)
>Super Castlevania (snes)
>Castlevania Chronicals (sharp 68000)
>>
>>3427340
What was shitposty about the Amigavania post? Right, nothing. Mods just can't handle alternative opinions.
>>
It doesn't replace the original but it's still a pretty good and challenging Castlevania game.
>>
File: rin.png (46KB, 333x330px) Image search: [Google]
rin.png
46KB, 333x330px
>>3427371
>"What was shitposty about stale Australia-kun bait?"
>>
>>3427067
It isn't much of a remake, really. In fact it's a completely different game, except for the controls and the atmosphere (and stage one). I always loved the soundtrack as well. I'd say you should definitely play it if you liked the NES game.
>>
>>3427067
it's okay. I still prefer Metroidvanias.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.