[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Conker General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5

File: n64-5166-41328125019.jpg (15KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
n64-5166-41328125019.jpg
15KB, 320x240px
Find a legitimate flaw.

Protip: You can't

Also Conker discussion thread.

>Not retro

Yes it is, nigger.
>>
>>3426360
I liked it an all, but not nearly as much as Banjo Kazooie. I dunno, it feels less solid a platformer to me. The B pad mechanic didn't appeal to me personally
Loved the soundtrack tho, and the voice acting was a pretty great achievement for an N64 game
>>
>>3426360

i just got a copy about a month ago and haven't had time to get too deep into it yet. it seems pretty cool so far, but i agree with >>3426390
that banjo seems better at this point
>>
That part where you had to bounce off the flower's tits. Poor camera placement, no clear indication on how to bounce higher.
>>
I was actually disappointed when I played this a year or two ago. It's a crazy game for sure, but the events all feel disjointed with no real particular reason for happening. But I'm sure it doesn't matter to people. It's an alright n64 game
>>
>>3426360
Some review I found on youtube (I'm not gonna link it because people think I would be a shill) summarized perfectly how I feel about this game.

From a technical point of view, it's incredible how detailed the graphics are, how much music and sound files (and different parts of voice acting) could be stored on a N64 and the raunchy appeal was definitely in line with South Park and Family Guy from the 98-2003 era.

Unfortunately, I don't like the game at all because the controls are annoying, the 'context-sensitive' B-moments got old quickly, most voices were annoying and even though I had a laugh a few times I can definitely say that most characters were one-dimensional and the rest of the game wasn't funny at all (c'mon, how many right in the balls jokes can they make before it gets obnoxious?). All the areas felt disconnected from eachother and not a single moment was really memorable, not even The Great Mighty Poo.

I seriously can't understand how this game got rated as a master piece by both critics and Rare fans, especially because this game has nothing at all to do with what makes Rare games stand out back in the day.
>>
>>3426390
>no collectathons
>perfect hub world
>better variation in gameplay

I love banjo but nothing beats Conker
>>
No shit an N64 is retro. Who was going to contest that?
>Protip: You can't
Hello, /v/irgin.
>>
>>3427043
Because it was released 2001.
Not saying I think that disqualifies it, but just that some people would.
>>
>>3427043
It was released a year after Deus Ex, a game which is not considered retro.

The rules are retarded.
>>
>>3426360
the humour is shit, both figuratively and literally.
>>
>>3426360
I had fun with it at times, but there were some sections where the tasks or whatever to progress the plot just felt tedious. There were definitely a few times I found myself thinking "okay, so when does the game start again?"

Unfortunately I can't remember exactly which bits annoyed me because I was playing it on an emulator a few years back and my computer died when I was like halfway through, and that put me off enough to not start it again when I got a new one.

But it's probably decent on the whole even if I didn't find everything about it fun.
>>
>>3427052
How is Deus Ex not considered Retro?
>>
File: !conker's_bad_fur_day_(n64)_2.jpg (78KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
!conker's_bad_fur_day_(n64)_2.jpg
78KB, 500x375px
>>3426830
>'context-sensitive'
"Context-sensitive" means "sensitive to the context", duh. You'll love manual long time.
>>
>>3427084
It's a PC game released after 1999.
>>
>>3427058
But, can't the same be said of the AVGN?
>>
>>3427082
>there were some sections where the tasks or whatever to progress the plot just felt tedious.

Like the crapping part with the cows, or the pissing part in the ooga-booga disco?
>>
>>3427117
Definitely.

Looking over a guide just now I realize I made it almost to the end of the game before losing everything, which means the stuff I liked probably outweighed the more tedious stuff.

But damn, those annoying parts.
>>
>>3427108
They honestly should just at this point add in PS2, XBOX, and GCN at this pioint and bump the PC date forward.

>Retro
>imitative of a style, fashion, or design from the recent past.
>recent past

Sorry mods that y2k isn't that recent anymore.
>>
>>3427150
Preach it, sister.

I agree, but we have too many /vr/-knights defending the rules because...it's the rules.
>>
>>3427150

No, 6th gen console wars will be the final nail in /vr/'s coffin.

1999 rule is alright.

If you're not an idiot you should have noticed that slipping by some non-retro discussion is not persecuted. The problem would be openly allowing all of 6th gen, people will be discussing Melee, GTA mods, FIFA 20 fucking 14 just to troll /vr/ even more.

Your childhood isn't what defines what's retro.
>>
>>3427162
>people will be discussing Melee
Right, because we can't discuss games from 2001 here.

>GTA mods
How would that be different from Doom mods or rom hacks?

>FIFA 20 fucking 14
Literally no one wants to discuss that game. Even trolls would get tired of it fast.

>Your childhood isn't what defines what's retro.
Nope. It's other people's childhoods.
>>
>>3426360

It wasn't Twelve Tales.
>>
Its troubled development kind of shows. Even though visually and in terms of audio it's absolutely incredible and shows off what the N64 is capable of, there's some areas that don't quite show that level of polish, especially in regards to controls and the camera.
>>
>>3427162
This I agree with generally. I think exceptions can be made if the game is somewhat post-1999, but the console or game engine debuted before 2000 (so late N64 games or PC games such as DeusEx, Red Alert 2, or Icewind Dale 2 could be considered borderline retro).
>>
>>3427162
Oh shut the fuck up you've grown up it's okay to admit that. But instead of dismissing you out of hand I'll waste my time and address your points anyways

>Console Wars
Like we don't already have these stupid fucking threads. Genesis vs SNES happens at least once a week. There is currently a page on thread about people bitching about ">Amiga and ZX Spectrum being le meme"

1999 rule is stupid we're approaching 20 years and Ps2, Gamecube, and Xbox threads hold no relevance on any other board outside of game generals where the series happened to have a release pre-sixth gen or 1999 rule in which case it will be discussed but probably not much if at all.

>Melee, GTA Mods, Fifa
Nobody talks about Smash except in passing. I can't remember the last time I saw a smash thread on here outside of it getting mentioned in fighting game threads (before being mercilessly buried for being 'for casuals')
>One GTA thread of /v/ with 15 replies that isn't mod related. One /vg/ thread that has 4 instances of mods (as in modifications to the game) being mentioned.

Sounds like a real invasion force champing at the bit.

>Fifa
/v/: Nothing found
/vg/: Nothing found
/sp/(just for emphasis): Nothing found

Your against a rule change is literally based on things that are entirely non-issues.

And as far as trolling the board goes the people that want the rules to change are not the ones going around (you)ing not retro on everything.

The only people that bother to troll this board are ourselves because literally nobody else cares enough.
>>
>>3427237
And for the sake of being thorough there is a single smash thread on /vg/ and /v/ and both are concerned solely with the Smash U tourney shit going on right now.
>>
>>3427237
>There is currently a page on thread about people bitching about ">Amiga and ZX Spectrum being le meme"
For some reason it derails quite a lot into a Amiga vs SNES crossbaiting contest.
>>
Story is the worst of late 90s early 00s edgy teenage sleaze.

It's like WWF at the time-- when the game quality isn't any better than Banjo anyway, why put up with the lame dirty jokes?
>>
>>3427297
Then whats there shouldn't detract from the game since it doesn't matter either way.
>>
>>3426360
Legitimately shit character design.
>>
>>3426360
The first few chapter of the game are solid fun but it starts to become tedious in the Caveman level and the ending is just a massive middle finger to everybody
>>
>>3427162
I think we should wait for a while longer, if we change the 1999 rule right now we'll be cluttered with /v/irgin shitposters
>>
>>3427520
>the ending is just a massive middle finger to everybody

What? It's probably among the best endings in Video Game history.
>>
It's a mediocre game that believes it's a lot funnier than it actually is.
>>
>>3426360
>find a flaw
Easy

The gameplay is full of gimmicky or simply unfun sections that aren't fun to play. Sections like the swimming sections are a absolute slog to play. Then you have all the annoying stuff. Having to feed the mouse by doing the same exact thing three times, the lava board section, the teddies section, and the matrix section come to mind. It feels gimmicky and terrible.

Multiplayer is terribly imbalanced. The fucking minigame with the caveman and the dinosaur is basically completely in the dinosaur's favor. Basically every minigame felt imbalanced in some way.

The humor is fucking terrible, absolutely unfunny. Absolutely nothing in the game even gave me a smirk. I understand it was going for crude humor but it feels like you asked 4th graders to write stuff they thought was funny.

Good soundtrack and graphics though.
>>
File: RarewareLogoOld.jpg (22KB, 233x300px) Image search: [Google]
RarewareLogoOld.jpg
22KB, 233x300px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgtAXCaSlpk

Enjoy.
>>
>Find a legitimate flaw.
Excessive fall damage in a fucking platform game, with no mechanic to mitigate it
>>
>Not retro
>Yes it is, nigger.

Unh, yes??... Why would anyone say that N64 game is not retro you nigger?
>>
>>3429548
>>
>>3429270
>Chris Seavor will never finish this video series
At least we got Chris Marlow doing the Great Mighty Poo song with himself.
>>
>>3430626
>I can't read
>>
>>3427656
>Panther King and weasel scientist die in cutscene while you do nothing
>last both fight is another crappy movie """homage""" that comes completely out of nowhere
>its just a worse version of the Mario boss fights
>>
>>3426360
I'm trying to think of a worse game on the N64 than Conker. Maybe Mario Party. Those are awful. But they might actually be less shitty than Conker. Fuck back off to /v/, underagers. This game was bad when it was new, and it's worse now.
>>
>>3430626
But sixth gen is definitively retro. N64 is fifth gen. Conker may be a shit soup but it's definitely retro.
>>
>>3435760
>But sixth gen is definitively retro.
Not here on /vr/. Deal with it, fuckface.
>>
>>3434827
Care to explain in great detail why it's so bad?
>>
>>3427105
Wow. It's not like Rare to completely ripoff Nintendo's games time and time again.

No wonder they shitcanned them to Microsoft.
>>
Being a UK dev, Rare obviously game the game a lot of British humour. I always wondered in this was changed or adapted for other region? Were the regional dialects redubbed?
>>
>>3426360
Controls are terrible. Momentum is all over the place, the shooter second speak for themselves, and aiming the slingshot was like playing an ice stage

Writing goes from poop jokes to bandwagon pop culture references like the matrix and alien

Conker has to stop moving to swing his frying pan

Conker has a frying pan

Fall damage is calculated inconsistently

You can't skip cutscenes until you watch them once

The story doesn't know whether conker wants to go to bed, get rich, or save Berry

Berry doesn't know whether or not she has Stockholm syndrome

Lava surfing

Controlling the bull

Controlling your pee

Voice acting would be impossible to understand without the dialogue bubbles. VAs in this game can't speak comprehensively whether it's something as simply pronunciation to using odd inflections.

Stock cartoon sounds

Climbing the tower after finding the cogs.
>>
>>3435802
Jesus Christ I hate trying to type on a fone. Makes me sound like a spastic.
>>
File: awwwheck.png (274KB, 633x423px) Image search: [Google]
awwwheck.png
274KB, 633x423px
Sloprano > It's War > Spooky > Barn Boys > Heist > Bat's Tower > Uga Buga
>>
File: conker8.webm (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
conker8.webm
3MB, 480x360px
*sweats profusely*
>>
>Microsoft not only killed Conker 2, but also Banjo-Threeie

I AM ANGRY.

ANGRY ABOUT KIKES.
>>
>>3435795
>It's not like Rare to completely ripoff Nintendo's games time and time again.
By "ripoff" don't you mean "refine the overall concepts to try taking out most of the crap"?

>No wonder they shitcanned them to Microsoft.
With Ninty losing any last sort of decency/competency they had company-wise as a result? Yep, fair trade :^)
>>
>>3435987
Rare hasnt even made any new games in years.
>>
>>3435994
What about Killer Instinct?
>>
>>3436010
Double Helix did that brunt of that games work.

Rare hasnt developed a non kenetic game since 2010.

They do have one new game coming called sea of theives.

But it's obv they're Microsofts shovelware team.
>>
Sure conker seems overrated now. But it might have the best graphics on the N64. Its a meme game for sure tho. Like mgs
>>
>>3436051
I'd say Conker aged better than MGS, though.
>>
>>3435987
>By "ripoff" don't you mean "refine the overall concepts to try taking out most of the crap"?

No, Rare completely misundserstood the appeal of Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time. Hence, every time they tried to ripoff of the gameplay mechanics it was at best, a soulless xerox, at worst, a shitty collectathon chore.
>>
>>3426360
I fucking love Conker's Bad Fur Day because it isn't a total collect-a-thon compared to the other Rare Ware games tailored to kids with obsessive compulsion disorders. The multiplayer is still the best on N64 when you're drunk and not paying attention to the low frame rates.
>>
>>3435804
>Berry doesn't know whether or not she has Stockholm syndrome
If you mean when she denied knowing Conker, it was because he was dressed like a caveman.

>the rest of that post is basically no-fun allowed the post

>>3435802
Yeah, nobody says "fiver" here in the states. If there was any British humor in this, I did not notice. Those cockney fire guys were funny as fuck the first time around though.
>>
>>3427162
I agree with this post, keep the shitters out
>>
It's like playing an Adult Swim game, only with a cartoonish outlook. Gameplay is like a movie, boring.
>>
>ITT: crying more about the rules than discussing Conker

Mods, please prune this thread, thanks.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.