[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Retro Remakes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

What are some remakes/re-imaginings of classic games that are also retro themselves?
>>
>>3421772

I think you're getting "remakes," "sequels" and "spin-offs" confused.
>>
>>3421779
Nope, IV and X68K are both considered remakes of CV1.
>>
File: 2209074-tetrisdxfront.jpg (383KB, 938x960px) Image search: [Google]
2209074-tetrisdxfront.jpg
383KB, 938x960px
>>3421772
Only Tetris can market itself as the exact same game you already have and still sell well.
>>
>>3421781

That's pretty stupid, considering 2D Castlevanias stick to the formula pretty hard (generally speaking).
>>
>>3421801

Not as insufferable as Sonic fans at least, but yeah, Castlevania's continuity is all over the damn place. Especially when you start factoring in the 3D titles.
>>
File: 1458262595236.jpg (108KB, 748x396px)
1458262595236.jpg
108KB, 748x396px
cherrypicking is fun
>>
>>3421801
A "remake" doesn't always have to necessarily be a 1:1 carbon copy of the original. Take Resident Evil Remake for the Gamecube, it is 80% new according to Mikami, yet people still call that game a remake.
>>
>>3421816
>autoscrolling is inherently bad

So you hate CVIII as well? The one that everyone believes to be the magnum opus of the Castlevania series?
>>
>>3421826

I didn't make that pic, if I had to include a X68K level that feels out of place and nothing like the original CV1, I'd put the doll house. But I'm not wasting time doing shitty bait pics myself, I just saved that one from an old thread with australia-kun
>>
>>3421772

NEITHER ARE REMAKES.

"Castlevania" has 3 sequels that take the original story and make a new game out of it. They're new games with new levels.
>>
File: rockman7fc.png (3KB, 256x224px)
rockman7fc.png
3KB, 256x224px
How about some good demakes of retro games?
>>
>>3421881
Rockman 8 FC was tits.
>>
>>3421801
IV says right in the intro it's been a century since the last time Dracula appeared right? I don't think Simon is 100+ years old. I'd use retelling over remake, but it's definitely not a sequel or anything of the like.
>>
>>3422238
>100 years since Drac appeared
That's alluding to Akumajou Denetsu, which was actually a prequel to Simon's story.
>>
>>3422238

It's a re-imagining of the first game, just like X68K is, but neither of them are actual remakes of the original. In fact, X68K has a swamp level that kinda looks like one of the levels from IV.
The confusion comes from the english version of IV, because in the intro says "Once again, Simon Belmont...", as if it was a new adventure for Simon, because of that, some people considered IV to be a sequel to Simon's Quest, but I think the "once again" refers to the Belmont clan. Probably in the original japanese this is clearer.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.