[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Never played Castlevania. Have a modded Wii

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (175KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
175KB, 1920x1080px
Hi /vr/. I've never played a Castlevania game, and I want to get into the series after hearing so much praise about its gameplay and whatnot.

Here's the dilemma. I have a recently modded Wii, and after doing some research, I found that there was re-make of the original game on WiiWare. Castlevania: The Adventure Re-Birth.

What do you think of this game? Should I play this to start my adventure into the franchise? Also, what other Castlevania games would you recommend for me to get into on my modded Wii? I feel overwhelmed with the amount of games I now have access to.

Thanks /vr/.
>>
>>3415646
Play Rondo. I'm pretty sure you can pirate the virtual console version.
Also the originals on the nes. And Super Castlevania IV. Rondo is fairly easy so it's a good entry level game.
>>
File: CV1405837953505.jpg (269KB, 609x771px) Image search: [Google]
CV1405837953505.jpg
269KB, 609x771px
Before this turns into another CV shitposting thread, let me advice you to just play the series in order and form your own opinion.
Play the Castlevania 1 for NES, it's the basis of the whole series and is still a great game to play.
From there, move forward, they're all pretty much great games, you can skip Castlevania II if you don't like it but I advice you to at least try it, if only to hear Bloody Tears for the first time in its original version.
>>
>>3415674
>advice you
fuck off frenchie
>>
Out of curiosity, is there any way to play a rom or mount an iso of this wiiware remake on a wii?
>>
>>3415695
There is but you have to inject it or something and you can brick your system. It's really not that great compared to most others.

Id play in this order:

Rondo
Super 4
Blood lines
X68000

Only because I think you would spoil yourself another way
>>
File: rageface.jpg (21KB, 255x288px) Image search: [Google]
rageface.jpg
21KB, 255x288px
>mfw trying to beat Medusa in X68000 without any subweapons
>>
>>3415695
You'll need an SD card and a wad manager. Then you install from the wad file. I've never had any trouble with it, though I only keep a few on the console at once. For some reason when I move them from internal memory to the SD card they don't play anymore, so I just install before I play.
>>
>>3415751
>>3415723
>>3415695
Just buy it, poorfags. It's only $10
>>
>>3415773
>paying for digital stuff you don't really own
>giving money to modern Konami

wew lad, shill harder
>>
>>3415646
It's not a remake of the original game, it's a remake of the first GameBoy spin-off Castlevania the Adventure. It IS a huge improvement on that game.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.