[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I got a question /vr/ I have a NES and a SNES. I am thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: PTvCh.gif (12KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
PTvCh.gif
12KB, 256x256px
So I got a question /vr/

I have a NES and a SNES. I am thinking of getting a Pi and putting it inside either of them, but also trying to keep the original cart loader, controller, and a/v outputs on either system and hopefully figure out a way to read them on the Pi, while also putting more holes for USB, hdmi, etc (or whatever the pi needs).

Would this be easier on the NES or SNES? Is it worth the effort?
>>
>>3414951
>Is it worth the effort?
you're just building a shitty retronV bro
so no.
>>
You're not gonna be able to keep the original hardware intact unless you're some kind of electronics wizard, OP. That said, please don't ruin a functioning unit if you're gonna do this.

SNES is probably the better choice for a project like this. There's a board you can get for the Pi that will let you plug in SNES controllers directly, so no USB or associated input lag. If you wanted to use your old carts you could track down a Retrode but I'm not sure how well that works with the Pi, if at all.

Is it worth the effort? I'd say so. You'll get a solid little unit that can play pretty much anything from the PS1 down, plus some arcade games, plus ScummVM games. If you're not familiar with Linux there's gonna be a little bit of a learning curve, but there's tutorials for everything online.
>>
What's with retards and ruining functional consoles to emulate on a shitty computer instead?
>>
>>3414951
Don't fucking do this. Just put the Pi in a Pi case, don't even almost ruin real hardware for a shitty emulator box.
>>
>>3415123
This. Have your NES or SNES on display, even hooked up if you still want to use it and just put the Pi underneath or behind one of them where you don't see it.
>>
I have a Pi and Retron 5, but my wife's husband doesn't let me play it.
>>
>>3414951
Get everdrives dumb fuk
>>
>>3415183
Does your wife's son's mother approve of all the extra shelf space?
>>
Not worth it. Don't destroy authentic hardware for the sake of an emu box.

If you can 3D model, make a replica and 3D print it. Or just use a normal case.
>>
File: 1454594585956.jpg (119KB, 402x384px) Image search: [Google]
1454594585956.jpg
119KB, 402x384px
>>3414984
> input lag

I've been using a Pi with Retropie for about 6 months now. 8bitdo Bluetooth controllers. Input lag is not a thing.
>>
>>3416719
keep telling yourself that.
>>
Just google nintendo pi cases, there are some for sale and you don't have to kill the console, you aren't going to make friends on this board if you destroy old tech
>>
>>3416719
>Bluetooth
>Input lag is not a thing.
Please.
Every controller lags. Even USB controllers have different lag.
Not retro, but
http://www.teyah.net/sticklag/results.html
http://www.teyah.net/sticklag/overview.html
>>
>>3416768
>madcatz anything
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.