[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Soul Blazer/Illusion of Gaia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: soulblazer1.png (35KB, 500x436px) Image search: [Google]
soulblazer1.png
35KB, 500x436px
For the Soul Blazer and Illusion of Gaia players:
Do any of you have an idea of what the point was for that "resting" thing?

http://www.kidfenris.com/2012/11/little-things-quintets-saving-grace.html

I found this article which tries to give an explanation, but what do you all think?
>>
When you stop playing, the entire world of the game itself sleeps, because it only lives when you play it.
>>
Soul Blazer is my favorite of the three.
>>
>>3414020
>Illusion of Gaia, which may be Quintet’s best-known effort.
Was it actually well known? It's always the one I forget about.
>>
File: IoG_Characters1.jpg (300KB, 799x573px) Image search: [Google]
IoG_Characters1.jpg
300KB, 799x573px
>>3419280
It definitely sold the most, IoG sold 300,000 unit in the US alone. Unfortunately I couldn't find a real number of sales for the game but IoG is most definitely the one that sold best. It's interesting how so many here seem to like it least, I enjoy it quite a lot. I hear a lot of people complain about a shitty localization but from what I have read the original Japanese is just as bizarre, take that as you will. I really need to replay the other two, played IoG last summer and enjoyed it a lot.
>>
>>3419280
>>3419295
Actually just checked, this is what I found.
Soul Blazer- 295,000 units worldwide.

Illusion of Gaia- 650,000 units worldwide.

Terranigma- 200,000 units in Japan, couldn't find anything for worldwide.
>>
>>3419307
what about Actraiser?
>>
>>3414020
It's basically telling you to turn it off and go outside. Earthbound did the same thing, it's based on Dragon Quest's save function.
>>
>>3419307
Terranigma only sold in Japan/PAL regions so I wouldn't be surprised that the numbers would be just around Soul Blazer's.
>>
>>3419280
Yes, it's the one that Nintendo published
>>
What was the point of choosing the option to not continue after saving the game in IoT/IoG? The music changed to a slow and atmospheric one and you couldn't do anything (except hitting the reset button).
>>
>>3419432
the narrative illusion of a world that exists as a separate entity even as it waits for your involvement so that it's existence can have meaning
>>
>>3419319
Actraiser 1- 620,000 units worldwide (400,00 in Japan, 180,000 in US, 40,000 in Europe)

Actraiser 2- 180,000 units worldwide (estimate of 40,000 in Japan and Europe together and 100,000 in the US)
>>
>>3419615
My mistake, for 40,000 copies sold in Japan and Europe each, not together.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.