[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Retro lost and found

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9

File: GeneralScreenBattle.jpg (262KB, 643x509px) Image search: [Google]
GeneralScreenBattle.jpg
262KB, 643x509px
Time for another thread of you supply and demand, try to remember what's been lost, try to discover what's been remembered.
Just bring up whatever you want of the past and see if your fellow anons can help you piece your shattered, degrading memory together of some long lost game and perhaps point you in the direction of it's location.

I'll request one myself today.
The image is from an old freeware game "The General", I believe the website for it has been gone for close to a decade now, and any attempts to find it again have been met with other games of the same name. I believe it was french in origin but had an official english build as well
>>
>>3410962
http://akasoft.genliga.ru/index_e.php

Try this website, here is the latest version and some people still play it.
>>
>>3410976
Holy shit, not only is it alive, it's russian, that's great.
>>
Bump for more forgotten games.
>>
>>3410976
Just looking at this now. Pretty cool.
>>
File: pc-48073-101463377725.png (101KB, 480x361px) Image search: [Google]
pc-48073-101463377725.png
101KB, 480x361px
I know exactly what I'm looking for, but I think it's good and proper lost to time.

Does anyone have the full, registered version of Bad Toys for Win 3.1? (The B&W one, not color)
>>
>>3410979
Also for some reason they use Voodo's theme from War Gods as the main theme of this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr9PIK5HNB8
>>
This might be pushing it, but does anyone have a copy of "Tron 2.0: Discs of Tron"? It was an old J2ME game for the Sony Ericsson, and I can't find it anywhere on the internet.

I want it so I can use it's sprites for a Doom WAD.

Also, does anyone know how to make a Cyberstrike classic server?
>>
I'm trying to remember a space pirate game which you flew around in the solar system (I remember learning what the moons of the gas giants were called from it). It had an "overworld" map where you chased ships and landed on (usually collided at high speed, which would just bring up a dialogue screen) planets and moons, bouncing off ones that didn't have any dialogue. There was also a battle screen (annoyingly you only ever had one ship, if it got destroyed you'd get the next one, etc.) which was filled with asteroids with realtime physics and kind of a dogfight feel. And finally there was a boarding minigame where you controlled a space marine dude and shot the other space marine dudes. All of them were top down. I remember there was aliens too? One of the dialogue options I distinctly remember was "Ah, methinks not" in response for some ship asking you to help them and not just take their stuff.

I'm pretty sure this was one of those freeware games that got around in cds included with magazines and the like in the late 90s early 00s.
>>
This was an old Windows 97/98 game that was a futuristic driving game. The title was a term that dealt with cars and it had a nice 3rd person perspective. I know that there was a single race mode but other than that I don't know.

I looked but I cannot find it. Perhaps I am a bit too generic but that's all I know about it.
>>
>>3413532
>Tron 2.0: Discs of Tron

Are talking about this one?
> http://www.mobygames.com/game/tron-20-3d
>>
>>3413398
> http://vetusware.com/download/Bad%20Toys%201.0/?id=10609
>>
>>3414952
>http://vetusware.com/download/Bad%20Toys%201.0/?id=10609
Already tried that, also the demo; but appreciate the effort.
>>
I'm looking for an old point-and-click adventure/mystery game.
It starts with a cutscene, where the main character is with his girlfriend watching the stars or something, when he suddenly sees a big flash from the sky, and loses consciousness.
Then, he wakes up in his bedroom, suffering from amnesia, as a government agent I'm pretty sure is called "Todd" knocks on his door, asking about UFOs or whatever.

From that, you can walk around, go to a bar and other places, trying to figure out what happened to you.
The whole game is in a colorful, cartoony style.
>>
>>3415105
Thinking harder about it, there's actually two agents, a black and a white one, two MIB types, and they're actually asking about the disappearance of your girlfriend.
>>
>>3414668
>you flew around in the solar system
in a top down view? 1st person? or isometric?

anyways, is the game X-COM?
contemporary xcom are just FPS, search "XCOM DOS"
>>
>>3414674
how was it futuristic? cyberpunk dystopian futuristic?
did it have missiles to shoot other cars?
MEGARACE?

>>3415208
was it a proffesional game, or kinda amateurish?

anyway, AGS Adventure Game Studios has a bunch of games in a wild range of quality, and you wont likely see it listed on games sites

but u can also search for pro games by looking into lists for "scummVM games" or "Scumm games"
>>
>>3414674
Rollcage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXfbo9JPM9U
>>
File: 2.gif (17KB, 551x301px) Image search: [Google]
2.gif
17KB, 551x301px
>>3415105
That Night Before
https://archive.org/details/That_Night_Before
>>
>>3414945
Nah, that's the Light Cycles game, which is still easy to find.
>>
File: tron2.gif (19KB, 176x208px) Image search: [Google]
tron2.gif
19KB, 176x208px
>>3413532

http://www.4shared.com/file/TW1j39ZD/Tron_20_-_Discs_Of_Tron-j2me-m.html
>>
>>3415023
This is probably the same thing, but just in case:

https://firedrop.com/bfe2380b426a1cd6
>>
>>3413398
I've read that the black and white versions it's shareware only.
Are you really sure there was a full version of it?
>>
>>3415521
It was pretty short, and not too detailed, so I'd guess it's amateurish.
It's not an AGS game, but thanks for the tip about ScummVM.
>>
>>3415742
Thank you! This will be a huge help for my Tron.WAD for Doom
>>
Looking for an arcade game, you are a construction worker and it appeared to have had co-op. The demonstration was very colorful and cartoon like.

I've played Hammerin' Harry and know it's very similar but I have an optimistic feeling that this game I'm remembering might also exist. I was very young.
>>
>>3413532
Speaking of, has anyone a clean copy of Doom RPG for J2ME?
>>
>>3416021
>AGS
its not a company, its a program for creating amateur games, and it can be packed with the player not even seeing any mention of AGS.

you probably new that, but just in case
>>
>>3417083
Is this it?
http://www.hostj2me.com/appdetails.html?id=6595
>>
>>3414668
Im almost certain its Wazzal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwU5pnitOoc
>>
>>3416286
Building Panic?
It is arcade-y, has coop, very colorful&cartoon like, and almost retro (2001, I think)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFZXPE8_2K8
Pretty fun.
>>
The one thing I really miss is all the Klik N Play and Games Factory websites that were on Geocities and Angelfire.

There was a really good one called Slikys that had loads of games on, but there isn't a single trace of it left online from what I can find :(
>>
I'm trying to remember the name of an old pc game (end of the 90's probably). It was a fps with an heavy focus on survival. The HUD took a lot of place on the screen, maybe 1/3. I think it was set in a futuristic setting but all I remember is the beginning of the game which took place in a plain environment. I'm really not sure but maybe the name of the game was an acronym.
>>
>>3418562
Was it on DOS?
Any additional info about the game, like some specific events that happen, or things you could do?

Was it Robinsons Requiem?
>>
Does anyone have the full, registered version
of "piranha panic"?
(wihlborg entertainment)
>>
>>3418623
Thanks, I was looking through screenshots of Robinson's Requiem on google and I found a picture of the game I was actually looking for which is called DEUS.
>>
File: Commandos.png (682KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Commandos.png
682KB, 640x480px
Don't see this game in /vr/ for a long time.
>>
>>3420907
thats a lot of dead nazis.
>>
>>3415498
>contemporary xcom are just FPS
No? Not sure if this is some odd insult or you are very misinformed. XCOM: Enemy Unknown with Long War mod is quite good and my favorite modern game.
>>
>>3422040
All killed by Pistol, Knife and Harpoon.
>>
Point and click DOS, not sure if Sierra or EA?

Only remember a dragon circle a castle keep and swooping down and killing the protag unless you solved a puzzle. I ran out of the room and never played again as a kid and I CANT REMEMBER IT PLEASE
>>
>>3422874
Harpoon?
As in speargun or legit bigass whale harpoon?
Either way, unusual weapon, not that often you can find it in games, I think.
>>
>>3422890
As in spear gun used by the marine.
The harpoon is my favorite weapon since it has far range and can kill 2 enemy in group patrol in the same time without alarm (Like melee weapon) if fast enough.
>>
>>3414668
>>3417745
Yes, that's it!

Thanks so much anon!
>>
>>3423082
np
>>3423070
>As in spear gun used by the marine.
Thats kinda disappointing. Spear guns are just bows with slightly different purpose, when you think about it. Still somewhat original, but not as much.
>it has far range and can kill 2 enemy in group patrol in the same time without alarm
That does sound nice.
How many people are usually in the group patrol?
Can you re-use fired spears?
>>
Around 1998 I played a vertically scrolling shooter on the PC. The only level I can remember (it was probably the first level) had walls on both sides with guns/enemies you had to shoot. The background of the level was green, with the odd yellow/black stripe here and there. The walls were grey. The boss at the end of the level was stationary and blocked the way. You had to shoot out multiple point on it to defeat it, while dodging its bullets. At the time it was referred to as "bot battle", however this does not give me any search results.
>>
>>3424737
How did the boss look?
How did your ship look?
>>
>>3414674
POD Planet of death
Also "Windows 97" does not exist
>>
>>3424771
I would assume he meant 'game made around 97/98 for Windows' and not 'game made for Windows 97/98'.
>>
>>3423597
>Thats kinda disappointing. Spear guns are just bows with slightly different purpose, when you think about it. Still somewhat original, but not as much.
The speargun actually act at close range melee weapon, so you have to run close to enemy to shoot it, bow probably has much longer range.
>How many people are usually in the group patrol?
Usually 3 in group patrol, and group patrol can have about 2-7 unit when patrol.
>Can you re-use fired spears?
Yes, actually you can kill 3 enemies in patrol without alarm if you super fast (kill all 3 in about 1-2s)
The fired spear is unlimited since the spear simply works like a small version of whale harpoon (shoot spear and return).
>>
File: clan Lord Old elf 3.jpg (8KB, 81x58px) Image search: [Google]
clan Lord Old elf 3.jpg
8KB, 81x58px
Looking for an old mac game that I can't recall too much about.
Came out sometime during the mid to late 90s (1996-99). It was singleplayer but, might have had a lan co-op option. Not sure if it had music but, it had some weird text to speech option. Characters spoke with comicbook style bubbles over their heads. I think it shared some of its graphics with Clan Lord because I recall the elf/sylvan graphic was used. Strangely enough he just used his bow for hitting people instead of shooting arrows.
>>
I feel like I saw a game once that was like Metroid, but faster-paced. You could still turn into a ball and roll around, but the character was quicker and the game was more action-y, like Mega Man X.

I also feel like it was either on SNES or on GB. It was played on a big display cabinet.
>>
>>3426273
Maybe it was Super Turrican?
>>
File: compaq_1200.jpg (57KB, 550x563px) Image search: [Google]
compaq_1200.jpg
57KB, 550x563px
I remember a 3d rollercoaster simulation game I use to play on my 500mhz Compaq presario 1200 laptop.

It didn't come with the computer. But it was some one where you would build the coasters and ride in them in 1st person. Would have been in the windows 98 days. Been driving me crazy for years. Definetly not rollercoaster tycoon.
>>
>>3427014
Roller-coaster mania 2?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRSSyMkg8rY
All you do is build coasters and ride them.
>>
File: 22222222222222222.jpg (114KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
22222222222222222.jpg
114KB, 540x405px
>>3427014
SIM Theme Park?
>>
I'm sorry that I have no real information to go on here but there is a game I remember which I would dearly love to have information about but I do not know the name of it, nor the specific machine on which I had it though I THINK it was on an Amiga.
Can anyone help me out perhaps?

It was a fight simulator, you played as pilot of a helicopter which could transform into jet mode and go much faster like a normal jet. Missions involved hooking things with your winch and transporting them to distant locations, with difficulties such as flying through a city full of skyscrapers or having to place a delicate crate on the back of a moving train.

It was all rendered in monochrome green wireframe.

I loved it dearly but I do not remember the name.
>>
>>3427519
I am this person.

I have now discovered the game I was looking for and find that my memory was far more off target than I thought!

The game was "Chopper Force" for Acorn Archimedes and the graphics were not wireframe at all, but they were green because we did not have a colour display.

Such memories!
>>
>>3414674
Dethkarz?
>>
Don't die, thread.
>>
I have two requests, sadly my memory is too shitty to give accurate details so not holding my breath here

first was a hack'n'slash party based rpg, but single player. it had cute SD anime characters and rudimentary 3D graphics. kinda like Happy Dungeons from today, but way back in the nineties. for some reason i think the name started with "po" something, but i can't quite remember it. it was a weird sounding japanese word i guess. you could change between the other party guys, collect lots of items, kill bosses on the predeterminate maps, it was tons of fun

second game was a cartoony point and click adventure that had a very hard puzzle based around a well right on the beginning, on its demo/shareware. yup that's all i can remember about it. it had good humour and that well puzzle was a bitch and you took most of the demo trying to solve it. i always wanted to buy the full game but i cant remember which game it is

both games are probably from 1998 or close. i remember both being in the same cd that had dink smallwood.
>>
>>3429961
King's Quest VII had a well puzzle in the first chapter. I don't know if that was the demo or not.
https://archive.org/details/Princeless_Bride_demo
>>
>>3430318
nah it wasnt a big name sierra-lucasarts adventure, i remember that much

which is why i had such a hard time trying to track it down

thx for the try though anyway bby
>>
ok i'm posting what i remember, hope anyone knows this game as well

3d windows game, top overview camera
you play as a blue wizard kid and one of your "spells" is shooting water drops at a high speed i think
one of the common enemies was a green mushroom with legs wich coughed spores on you, and on the second level you encountered a gigantic version of one of those
i recall the third level being sort of "underworld" themed
the protagonist's death animation has him spinning around very fast while being flattened at the same time, then disapearing

i don't know how i got it but it seems like it was bundled with Speedy Eggbert, or they were both gifted in some PC/gaming magazine at the time, i even googled eGames (Speedy Egbert's publisher) and got nothing
>>
>>3430981

one thing i forgot to mention, the protagonist wears a cape and a cone-shaped hat, both blue
>>
>>3416021
I think you missed a post. >>3415580 is definitely your game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UVHzr9rxRI
>>
>>3410962
Did anyone play Captain Keen, not Commander Keen? One is a knock off that my mom had on freeware ages ago but no one else has heard of. It's way different from the real one, supposedly.
>>
>>3430981
>>3430985

ok after much, much research i finally found it, it's Spooky Castle: the adventures of kid mystic
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.