[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Virtual Boy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Virtual Boy (2).png (486KB, 776x886px) Image search: [Google]
Virtual Boy (2).png
486KB, 776x886px
Question to those anons who've actually tried to enjoy this console: Is it really that bad? Are the side effects of nausea, headaches, eye strain, etc true. Any ways to prevent? Best way to play it without being in an awkward position? Is it actually worth owning if I like the games, or stick to emulation?
>>
>>3410370
I played it once at a convention, and I didn't have any of the "side effects" that are typically associated with the console.

>Best way to play it without being in an awkward position?
I'd say sitting at a table, leaning (not hunched over) into the eyepiece while having your hands/arms placed on the edge of the table for support.

>Is it actually worth owning if I like the games, or stick to emulation?
Sure, if you don't mind the price. Also, consider that you won't get the 3D effect through emulation, and the controller is pretty unique in its design, so it may not control as well with a gamepad that isn't designed in the same way (similar to using a modern gamepad as an N64 controller).
>>
>>3410370
Vatyaru boy!
>>
>>3410370
I've owned one since back in the day. I never got nausea or bad headaches from it though you do get some eye strain from extended play as you would with any video game. There are a few decent games for it unfortunately its short life means that the library is very small. Last time I pulled it out and played it about a year ago it was working great and after about 45 minutes the left screen started getting bars on it. I've read that this is common as they get old because they cheaply attached the ribbon cables to the displays with glue which goes bad as they get old and loses connection. I can't even open the thing up to see if I can fix it because the security bit is too recessed for me to get to without ordering an extra long bit. Now its back in the box taking up space in my closet, what a shame.
>>
>>3410419
I know the ribbon cable issue is common, but easy to fix. A long security bit should be a cheap eBay purchase
>>
Why don't they convert Virtual Boy games for the 3DS virtual console? I bet they would sell.
>>
It's a meme, Wii U is a much worse console. At least Virtual Boy was a neat gimmick and it has a couple of games on it, and a pretty neat aesthetic.
>>
>>3410419
>I can't even open the thing up to see if I can fix it because the security bit is too recessed for me to get to without ordering an extra long bit
You can get one for like a dollar from china.

I actually use a modded security bit with part of the end shaved off to reach those screws.
>>
>>3412440
Too much effort writing an emulator for it's small library?
Original 3DS not powerful enough?
Trying to erase the past?

There's a homebrew emulator in the works. I've been holding out on VB emulation until that's finished.
>>
I paid $20 for mine brand new and barely got $20 worth of use out of it.
>>
It's not that bad at all.

I own one, never experience side effects.
>>
File: vbwa.png (57KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
vbwa.png
57KB, 400x240px
>>3412440

Virtual Boy Wario Land is a masterpiece.
>>
>>3413975
Did someone really make a colorized rom of VB Wario Land, or is that just a colorized screenshot?
>>
>>3414979
It's a colorized screenshot.

How the hell would they make a colorized ROM? The VB is only built to display red.
>>
>>3414986
>How the hell would they make a colorized ROM?

Well yeah, I didn't mean to imply one that would actually work with VB emulation. I should've said port/remake/whatever that'd be a standalone .exe, GBA port, or something of the like
>>
Its not fun and feels really hot
>>
>>3415515
>feels really hot
What?
>>
>>3415653
On your eyes.
>>
>>3415659
Still what? No it doesn't.
>>
>>3415515
Were talking about the Virtual Boy, not role playing as dying Jews
>>
I had one as a kid it was pretty fun. But it has so few games
>>
>>3410370
>headaches
I rented it once and played red alarm and pinball quite a lot.

I was young and didn't have anybody effects. I leaned back in my sofa and rested it on my head. Worked fine, but that might hurt me today. Hunching over the stand as you are supposed to would be brutal and gives me a headache just thinking about it.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.