[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the best Mario RPG game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: SuperMarioRPG.jpg (60KB, 640x443px) Image search: [Google]
SuperMarioRPG.jpg
60KB, 640x443px
Is this the best Mario RPG game?
>>
>>3410340
I liked Superstar Saga more.
>>
It's a really good game, but it's just a little too easy. For kids it's a fun romp
>>
>>3410340
It's good but it's too short and a little too easy. I'd probably put Paper Mario 64, Thousand Year Door and SuperStar Saga in front of it. Maybe even Bowser's Inside Story.

Haven't played the other Mario and Luigi games so not sure where they would rank.
>>
It is easily the best and the only other one worth playing is PM:TTYD.
>>
>>3410340
I'd say it is. It has something about it that you can definitely feel that it was developed by Square, even with the easy difficulty. The other Mario RPGs are OK, but they feel too gimmicky imo.

I wish Nintendo would team up with Square again for another Mario RPG game on the molds of the original.
>>
>>3410340
I like the Paper Marios more, but this is probably a better RPG experience.
>>
It's extremely good, but it's not the best.
>>
>>3410340

Its setting is better than those of Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi which are just reiterations of the same old colorful and happy Mario formula. They are probably better games if only care about having casual fun.
>>
>>3410619

I disagree, I mean I thought SMRPG was good but Paper Mario and the first Mario & Luigi were much more unique experiences, and more in line with the Mario universe. At times SMRPG feels like Mario characters stuffed into a generic fantasy RPG, even though the dialogue is good.
>>
>>3410340
BY FAR.
>>
>>3410825
I disagree, I thought SMRPG was a more unique storyline and it had a few curveballs compared to the normal Mario formula. You rescue Peach and Bowser joins you but you still have to try and find Mallow's family and help Geno fix the star road. Paper Mario is a really good game but I don't like how it was advertised at first as being a sequel because it just vaguely has similar elements but a totally different world when compared to SMRPG. They are both great games and I don't think I could choose between them because they are so much fun. Maybe if SMRPG was a little harder and had a bigger world it would be easier to make it the winner.
>>
why do the goombas in SMW look so different from goombas in other games?
>>
It's not retro but it's Paper Mario a thousand year door. It's an updated version of the original paper mario, but wholy fuck, they nailed it.
Mario RPG is a close second. Brilliant game, the gameplay is kind of shallow, but it became a staple to the series.
Those 2 followed by bowser an inside story.
And the first paper mario.
>>
>>3411318
**holy fuck
>>
>>3411282
A lot of things in SMW looked different.
>>
>>3411282

Aren't they called Galoomba?
>>
File: 4L_NjhcTrS5.gif (32KB, 350x175px) Image search: [Google]
4L_NjhcTrS5.gif
32KB, 350x175px
>>3410340
It's dogshit, but I guess if you like the taste of dogshit it might be slightly less offensive than the other ones.
>>
>>3412327
Yeah.
>>
>>3410340
Paper Mario : Thousand Year Door takes that throne for me. There would be no Paper Mario series without this game though.
>>
>>3412413

Opinionest opinion of the week.
>>
>>3413135
Have you even played that game? It's completely intolerable.
>>
>>3413531

Do you really want to know my opinion?
>>
File: 1460581245339.gif (53KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1460581245339.gif
53KB, 500x500px
Not really retro related but kinda, why is nintendo destroying pm? Goes from amazing classics like pm64 and ttyd to sticker star and colour splash just looks like sticker star 2.0
>>
>>3411089
Sounds like SMRPG is a typical RPG and PM is a typical Mario game presented as an RPG
>>
>>3410340
What are the chances of this getting a VC 3DS release? They've pretty much released everything noteworthy for SNES except for this and Demon's Crest.
>>3412413
Time to leave, /v/
>>
>>3413540

I thought the answer to that in an interview was basically 'if you want a Mario-themed RPG, play the Mario and Luigi games.'

Your best bet for a N64/GCN style Paper Mario game is when Nintendo decides to have some sort of revival once the series winds up flopping and remaining dormant for 10 years... So, maybe by 2030?
>>
>>3413567
Funny enough, the Mario and Luigi games are getting more and more tired as repetitive RPGs.

Let Mario and Luigi get the gimmicky shit and Paper Mario be good again.
>>
the weebs think so.
>>
I wish they made more like this one
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.