[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was your reaction when you got to Zeal for the first time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

What was your reaction when you got to Zeal for the first time?
>>
>>3410163
I was zealous
>>
File: 1445840051294.gif (2MB, 300x176px) Image search: [Google]
1445840051294.gif
2MB, 300x176px
>>
>>3410163
I thought it was overrated
>>
>>3410163
"Cool music"
>>
Lets find some itens
>>
File: zeal_by_lcaico-d3imsgr.jpg (814KB, 1915x705px) Image search: [Google]
zeal_by_lcaico-d3imsgr.jpg
814KB, 1915x705px
>>
"neat"
>>
Something along the lines of, "There's that motherfucking blue pyramid again."
>>
When I entered 12000 BC, the first steps in the snow in the overworld map, with the music starting... that was probably one of the most atmospheric video game experience I've had, definitely in the top of the most memorable ones.
>>
>>3410190
I knew nothing about it when I first got there so I was pretty blown away by the atmosphere and music.
>>
>>3410163
"Wow, this is when the game really starts."
>>
I really should replay Chrono Trigger sometime soon.

I am Setsuna seriously left me wanting. That game was awful and the unmitigated gall to compare itself to CT was infuriating.
>>
Hard to describe, but I was definitely excited. This was possibly the highest point in the game for me. For lack of better words shit got real.
>>
File: 1460395532763.jpg (36KB, 565x486px) Image search: [Google]
1460395532763.jpg
36KB, 565x486px
>>3410181
>>
>>3410163
Antiquity is my favorite time period and favorite part of the game,

The overworld map and music are cool as fuck, and it's such a great sudden shift at that part of the story.

Zeal is pure hype.
>>
>>3410163
"Is that all there is?"
>>
Isn't there like nothing to explore? It's been a long time.
>>
>>3410924

It's very much a plot thing but damn did the game really crank up a notch here

also the dungeons where good
>>
>>3410924
not on the map but the cities felt like they had a lot of awesome stuff in them so it more than made up for it, you could even go look at the blackbird.
>>
>>3410163

I'm sorry to say

>meh

I'm not sure what it was. I didn't like Chrono Trigger much; only played it because my girlfriend insisted.

The only part of the game I really liked was when Chrono gets one-shotted by LAVOS; I thought it would be more akin to the Malak fight in KOTOR or the like, I didn't expect them to kill off the main character, even if he could get better.
>>
Honestly I liked the game more at the beginning... until going to the Magus' Castle
>>
>>3410996
To me the game is shit until then except for the trial.
>>
>>3410163
Awesome
>>
Zeal was so beautifully designed and coupled with such a majestic piece as The Corridor of Time that it creates a powerful atmosphere and gives the player mixed feelings of excitement, inspiration and awe.

I was in shock when i got there for the first time and very sad when it was detroyed. No other location in a videogame ever made me feel something close.

If i could choose a location in a videogame to live for the rest of my life, i'd definitely go to Zeal.
>>
>>3410190
Millennial detected
>>
>>3410163
DUDE

SMO WEED
>>
>>3411143

Like they would let your shitty no magic ass in their city. Go back to your caves, faggot. If you're lucky there might be some rotted yak meat or whatever.
>>
>>3410163
It was amazing.
>>
>>3410163
Nice music i guess
>>
>>3410219
It's a nice picture, but there should be many more clouds beneath the floating islands. You can also see green on the crust too.
>>
>that's some nice music
>>
>>3410163
best ost

floating cities are comfy
>>
>>3411046
The trial is cool, but did you seriously not like any of it before Magus?
>>
I think 'awe' is a good word for it.
>>
>>3410163
I've been to all types of video games over the years, from Atari 2600 all the way up to PS4.
Never in my life have I felt an energy that I did when I first reached Zeal in Chrono Trigger. It was next level shit, like a mild psychotropic drug induced state. The game had complete unfettered control of my mind the entire time, like some weird video game pied piper. It was amazing.
You just have to experience it for yourself, I cannot do it justice with words.
>>
I was way more pumped upon hitting up the Ocean Palace, to be honest. Serious "shit's getting real" music there.

Although I did appreciate the plot regarding Zeal, since when I first got there, I was completely confused as to how it was all going to come together in the end. It wraps up pretty nicely and ensures that Magus isn't a total douche.
>>
>>3410992
girlfriends aren't /vr/
>>
>>3413932
He's almost certainly from Plebbit, friend.
>>
>>3410163
Competely nervous on my first playthrough, because my instincts told me since it was a place of origins of magic the enemies and bosses there would be ridiculously hard.

But yeah, I was also mesmerized and humbled too, though the "enlightened" ones are dicks who had what was coming to them.
>>
>>3410163
Nothing, it's one of those places that only work if it's the first time you see it.
Floating continents/cities have been done too many times before it and Zeal didn't really add anything new, it was just a huge soulless place made to contextualize Janus and Shala, the only thing it had going for it was Corridors of Time, I blame the Ocean Palace for stealing the spotlight.

Then again, to be fair the only floating city that did impress me was Shevat, but that wasn't just a temporary checkpoint to introduce a few characters.
>>
File: colonthreee.jpg (133KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
colonthreee.jpg
133KB, 1280x720px
>>3410163
>Where does all the water in the waterfall come from?
>I like the setting a lot.
>I should come back here later when I have leveled up.
>I hope this place doesn't crash and burn.
>>
>>3410163
i felt like it was the manifestation of david arkenstone music, or a prog rock album.
>>
>>3411916
shevat more like shit-vat
>>
File: sensual smile.jpg (18KB, 219x248px) Image search: [Google]
sensual smile.jpg
18KB, 219x248px
>>3413921
>It was next level shit, like a mild psychotropic drug induced state.
stop
>>
IIRC I must have been pretty hyped. I absolutely loved the music and the eerie calm before the storm atmosphere of the place.
>>
>>3410384
Same. I loved the howling music on the world map and how desolate everything looked except for a single, curious structure. I entered it and found that it was a magical teleporter. Once I arrived at my destination and found that the receiving transporter was situated on an idyllic hill floating in the sky, and that music started playing, I was immediately hooked. The concept of a lost golden age always appealed to me and this game captured that feeling so well, with the small details like the pyramid that you previously saw on the world map but couldn't approach, now seen as part of Zeal, etc. If I could live anywhere in any videogame, Zeal is pretty high up there for me.
>>
I was just "Oh, another area". I dont really think about RPG locations.
>>
File: Ultros.gif (2KB, 128x94px) Image search: [Google]
Ultros.gif
2KB, 128x94px
>>3415907
>Zeal is pretty high up there for me.
I think it's more down to earth now.
>>
>>
Not as impressed as i probably should have been. Weakest part of CT desu
>>
i remember thinking "where am i? the ice age? whats this thing? teleporter huh?
where the fuck...."
>>
"This place is going to be completely riddled with Tabs."
>>
>>3410163
I felt like the game had jumped away from the predictability zone. I think I had read about some of the first few timelines you reach in Nintendo Power or something before I got the game. Also, most of the original timelines are pretty easy to anticipate in a time travel story - medieval era, post apocalypse, prehistoric, etc. Zeal as that Atlantis-like era was really unexpected. It really threw me for a while in exploring it as I had no idea what to do. And the golem with its counter mechanic didn't help.
>>
>>3410163

Vid related: Deserves more views.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p636Rw_L3XU

My mind was blown, I was very young at the time, but instantly fell in love with the surreal and inspiring art direction.

>The first time I reached Zeal was during a family holiday in a beachside resort on a slightly hot and windy summer day.
> I dreamed of zeal that night,hearing a distant waterfall feeling a cool ocean breeze on an hot humid night through my open window.
>standing on the edge of the waterfall that falls over into the clouds below.

I wish to have that dream again.
>>
>>3410315
Mostly this.

I immediately MS Paint drew my windows background to (poorly) look like zeal, and left it for years.
>>
Disappointment. To be fair I had known about it already so I was really excited to finally see it for myself. But the entire kingdom is basically just two big rooms. It wasn't really the "ancient advanced civilization" I was expecting.
>>
>>3410163
>see thumbnail
Oooh, it's a Netstorm thread!
...fuck.
>>
>wow another floating advanced civilization cliche castle
>wow check out all these death flags
>fuck I never picked up that tablet on the bookshelf
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.