[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SW games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Marathoning Star wars right now
Whats the best star wars game
(Keep it retro)
>>
>>3409997
Star Wars Rogue Leader on Gamecube.
>>
>>3409997
TIE Fighter/X-Wing for sims
Dark Forces 1, 2, MotS for FPS'
Rebellion for RTS'
>>
>>3409997
Super Return of the Jedi for pad - shattering rage
>>
>>3410074
>Super Empire Strikes Back for pad - shattering rage
Fixed it for you, bud...at least RotJ was fair.
>>
File: yodertails.gif (599KB, 519x304px)
yodertails.gif
599KB, 519x304px
>>3409997
>>
SW movies are between okay to shit

SW universe on the other hand is quite charismatic and spawned great games in several genres

>>3409997

FPS / 3PS with enjoyable single player campaigns and multiplayer with friends

SW Shadows of the Empire

SW Dark Forces
*SW DF II Jedi Knight
SW JK ii Jedi Outcast
SW JK Jedi Academy (basically JK3 or DF4 if youre count from the first)

last two arent retro but your toaster dual core 1.5GHz laptop with onboard graphics should run it ok, you can perhaps even try
Star Wars: Republic Commando
SW KoToR 1

RTS in the style of Age of empires 2
Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
but it stands on its own and quite enjoyable, you can get the hang of it in a couple matches if you have played aoe2.

*sw df2 jk1 is the best in my opinion, with the mod Saber Battle X, more char skins or even with high res texture pack, theres a ton of fun multiuplayer scenarios and theres still a forum up and following IRC channel and MP server, every now and then on weekends

jkdf2.net and jkhub.net

a tournament has happened recently and another is open to subscription on jkdf2.net

join us even if youre a newb
>>
>>3410562

Tie Fighter is fucking epic, you need a joystick for some versions though. I went out and bought a 9-pin back in the day. Apparently you can use a 360 pad if you fuck with drivers etc.

Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2 is awesome and still holds up today. Basically Quake in outer space. There are some console commands that will let you fly around the map, tons of fun.

Pretty sure Jedi Knight 2 isn't retro but it's also pretty good, runs on toasters. It's a bit shinier and the characters are gayer than JK1 but still fun. Had a great online back in the day, I think it worked well even on the dogshit 128/256kbps "DSL" we had back in the day.

The Rogue Squadron game for N64 is pretty good too, but I think it might be one that doesn't emulate well.
>>
>>3410597
GOG version works fine with a 360 pad without any mods or such
>>
I remember loving the SNES Super games and N64 Shadows of the Empire.
>>
>>3410197
The gameboy version is actually great
>>
>>3409997
Episode 1 Racer is the best thing to come out of the prequels, super solid racing game
>>
>>3412378
I need to pick that up again sometime.
>>
>>3409997
Ugh Rogue Leader is soooo good. I could never get into KOTOR for some reason though. But Republic Commando is probably the best. Empire Strikes Back on the 2600 was dope too.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.