[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I git gud at pic related?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: Shadowrun.jpg (37KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrun.jpg
37KB, 640x448px
How do I git gud at pic related?
>>
>>3409829
by playing it more and more
>>
By reading a guide and grinding the respawning zombies under the vampire mansion.

Like, seriously, read a guide. I consider the game to be pretty much unplayable trash without one.
>>
>>3409842
I can clear the starting location easily enough but the next area just rapes me and that's where I usually quit out of frustration. I try to play without using guides but maybe I should break that rule for this one.
>>
>>3409829
>>3409868

1. Grind for money and Karma.
2. No, seriously...grind for money and Karma. You are, as Gunderson(the first Mr. Johnson) says, a small fish in a big pond. You are going to die a lot.
3. Save up as much as you can to buy the Predator Heavy Pistol from the gun shop next to the hotel. The faster you kill guys, the less chance they have to kill you.
4. While min-maxing your character is fairly easy, work on raising your defensive stats as you gain Karma. That shouldn't be too hard. At the same time, don't waste any of your points on Throwing, but everything else is situationally good.
5. Even when you get your first clue to leave Redmond Barrens, grind, this time for armor.

Hopefully, that will help out. Yes, I know I emphasized grinding, but you really have to in this game or, as you noted, you die very easily.

>>3409842
You're referencing the wrong version...OP has the Genesis one posted.
>>
>>3409842
>>3409868
I beat it without a guide when I was a kid. Goddamn, was it frustrating. Especially that aforementioned second bit (the trashyard, right?). I hated grinding for cash to get out or karma to level up and beat the leader orc guy.
Never did beat him to get out, but I liked going back and whooping his ass when I was properly strong and well-equipped enough for it.
>>
>>3409883
The Genesis version is easier, but gives no guidance. It's for people who enjoy exploring and following clues, hints and nudges, not for people who like to be told exactly where to go and exactly what to do once they get there.
I like both games about equally, but the SNES one just an itty bitty bit more.
>>
>>3409889
Very true, though I prefer the Genesis version myself. Captures the actual Shadowrun universe a bit better, IMO.
Still hate how quickly things can go south for you, even late game, though...
>You get the feeling you're being watched.
>A pack of hellhounds bound into the clearing and attack!
>>
>>3409896
FUCK that shit. Also, Samurai Joshua best Joshua.
>>
>>3409829
Mainly:
>It's mostly best to be a shaman
There are other good shamans but they're hard to get. Shamans are also very expensive and constantly switching for a new and better one won't be fun. You also probably need at least one shaman so that you can heal, and so that you can easily damage enemies with strong armor, because you can just cook them inside of it, spells ignore armor completely. Actually spells are just absurdly useful.
>You'll never be as good a samurai as Winston
Seriously just max out his strength and give him the spurs. He will punch holes in steel walls. Put all his other cybermods into muscle replacement or whatever. It will also increase his quick and that's good, but mainly just make him super fucking strong. Also he's a troll so just pump up his body and he will tank everything, he will seriously die almost never.
>You'll never be as good a decker as that Elf Chick
You just can't. You're a human, she's an elf, she's got you beat.
>If you want karma and nuyen, get a decker
You get Karma for your entire party when you win cyber combat and succeed at cyber missions. Cyber combat is by far faster and more efficient for grinding than plugging away at zombies. Even the first shitty decker you come across will have you rolling in the dough in no time at all, and you can just fucking fire him as soon as you get a better one.

Shit you can even just roll gator shaman, get a cyberjack as your only mod, and solo the entire game.

Don't do that though.

Cyber combat itself is more complicated. The biggest advice I can give you is to save first. You can lose programs permanently or game over from a silly mistake, and not realizing that it was permanent can lose you a lot of money. The two best programs are sleaze and deception, you don't want to blast through all their protection like a cowboy, you just want to get the goods and get out. Then you can sell the data to a fixer, and this is the fastest way you can make nuyen.
>>
>>3409896
hellhounds are easy just zap them en masse with lightning.
>>
File: Shadowrun SNES Guide.jpg (3MB, 4052x2967px) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrun SNES Guide.jpg
3MB, 4052x2967px
This is a good guide. I should go hunt down those two issues of Nintendo power and make a pic out of that guide too.

I'd actually suggest this guide here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/snes/588651-shadowrun/faqs/19826

I say just use the "frequently asked questions" section and try to play the game yourself, with only small hints here and there if you get stuck.

Just curious: Does anyone have any tips for keeping Kitsune alive after she becomes a permanent group member (after Dog Spirit)?

I really need to finish this game. I think I might do that today.
>>
If you don't mind skipping the grind, use the ABACAB cheat. Use it to give yourself 250,000k and a shitton of Karma off the bat, get some quality weapon and armor, maybe some cybernetic upgrades. Then you can get started without grinding for days.

When it comes to combat, the shotgun rapes all. You'll need a license to get the better armors, and the best armor of all can only be gotten through a contact.

Keep one or two "junk" programs in your cyberdeck. If you know you are going to encounter Tar Paper or a Tar Pit, throw the junk program at it. This way you spend less than 2k per lost program, rather than lose your 50,000-60,000 fully upgraded programs. Either way, hacking is a money sink until you pull the big hack, so don't invest a lot of money into it until endgame.

Don't waste time and money trying to upgrade the shadowrunners you encounter, you'll get the best two in the game for free(well, except Two-Fists, ungrateful bitch) near the end, so there's no point. One involves breaking into the Prison, the other involves a trip into elf lands AND breaking into the top floor of a Corp.

Ignore all encounters on the street. Most of them end in combat anyways, only rarely do you benefit. Don't waste money on cybernetics that don't help you. IE, if you are using a gun don't spend money on Spurs or Finger Razors. If you plan on using a shotgun at the end, don't waste money on a Smartlink. If you plan on having someone else in your team be your hacker, don't waste money on a Datajack. Truth be told, only Wired Reflexes and Dermal Plating are worth getting, though Cybereyes come in handy end-game with all the invisible fucks.

You can grind it if you want, but I feel the grind just slows the game waaaaay down, even moreso near the end, when you need tens of thousands of nuyen to replace programs in your cyberdeck and you only make 10k off the high-end shadowruns.
>>
>>3409932

My preferred method was going for fire spells, and even when I used Mana spells(is that what you mean by lightning?), I never noticed them dying fast enough to save my ass.

>>3409952
Dude, read the other posts, and check the image. OP is likely asking about the Genesis version(though clarification would be nice if we're wrong, OP).

>>3409960
Nitpick: ABBACAB is the cheat. Rest of your advice is pretty solid, though.
>>
Has there been a remake of the Genesis version? All of the other remakes are based on the SNES version and its a damn shame since I like the gameplay on the Genesis rather than the isometric style of the SNES.
>>
>>3409952
The way to keep Kitsune alive is to keep her invisible constantly in all combat situations.

Can't get shot if you're invisible.

Luckily, she has a gigantic MP pool
>>
>>3410123
The newer Shadowrun games are supposed to be a newer version of the Genesis game, but I think that's a load of BS. I played them, they are nowhere near the Genesis game.
>>
Sega cd version?
>>
>>3410162
Pretty sure it's more of the SNES version, with that person being in the game. There's a mod for the new game called "Shadowrun Unlimited" which is supposed to recreate the genesis gameplay.
>>
>>3409842
Bought it in 93 when i was 13 and beat it in under a week without a guide. Stop being a faggot.
>>
File: dog-shadowrun1.jpg (12KB, 300x300px)
dog-shadowrun1.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
Dog controls your destiny, and unfortunately that is to suck for all time
>>
>>3411232
It's sad how little freedom there actually is in the newer Shadowrun games considering it's fucking Shadowrun

they're all locked to one hub area, you can only leave for specific scenario based Runs, even Cyber Runs are scenario based, you can't just go explore, or really investigate. You have your objective, you can explore on your way to that objective, and then a lot of specific, scripted shit will happen, and you can never go off the rails.
>>
Go on a few ghoul-hunting missions with the Ares Predator until you get a handle on the timing of cornering and shooting. Level a bit. Joshua tends to live longer when he gets faster. Look for different Johnsons in the backs of bars in your travels. Some of them pay better than the competition, even if the work is roughly the same. Matrix runs are going to be your key to the big nuyen. Eventually you'll want to hop into those, and don't be afraid to hoard a little extra data for selling on the side while you're hacking into some corp's system.
>>
File: Shadowrun.gif (26KB, 971x722px)
Shadowrun.gif
26KB, 971x722px
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.