[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the PC port good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: 250px-Ffixbox.jpg (22KB, 250x239px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Ffixbox.jpg
22KB, 250x239px
Is the PC port good?
>>
>>3409235
Yes, it takes out the jittery textures of the ps1
>>
The loading times are better surely, right?
>>
It's a literal casualized mobile port.
Don't bother with it.
>>
>>3409346
How is it different other than ingame (which you don't have to use) cheats?
>>
>>3409235
I've been playing since Friday, it looks gorgeous. It's a good port.
>>
>>3409970
lol
>>
Did this port just came out?
>>
>>3409837
Are there cheats? I wouldn't mind some shortcuts for grinding ability points
>>
File: image.png (226KB, 500x312px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
226KB, 500x312px
>>
>>3412238
lol They meant 10.

inb4 not retro
>>
>>3412238
perth straya represent

even our street shitposting is on point
>>
The port includes a literal casual mode that cheapens the overall experience and utterly destroys one's ability to experience the game properly if you use it. And you don't have to use it, but if you buy the port you are still making a statement that says, "I support the inclusion of these kinds of 'features' in gaming" and you are supporting endless, shitty remakes and the endlessly shitty company remaking them.

The port was made specifically for people who aren't real gamers. They claim to be and want to play FF9 -- not because they actually want to play it, they just want to be able to say that they have, in order to get dat gamer cred and join in on the circle jerks among their fellow hipster friends about how old school they are. And now that the cheats allow them to trivialize combat (ie, the only actual fucking gameplay element of an RPG that matters or is worth a damn) so they can focus solely on the story, they finally can.

Final Fantasy 9 came out decades ago. There hasn't been any new good FF games since; the company has completely abandoned their original fanbase in favor of pandering to dumb casuals with bad taste. If you want to play FF9 the only responsible way to do it is on a freely available PS2 emulator.
>>
>>3412369
Ok, but what about the regular game? Is that any different
>>
>>3412369
The problem isn't the cheats by themselves, cheats used to be a very common thing in retro games.

The problem is that they call it a "feature", and like you said aimed at the kind of people you mentioned for the reasons you mentionned.
>>
>>3412391
Wondering this myself.
>>
File: yes.jpg (50KB, 492x508px) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
50KB, 492x508px
No, because it makes the flamenco fight easier.

>>3412238
Have to agree, albeit I've only played 9 and 3 (NDS remake, so... 6 on SNES? idek), and I never finished either.
>>
File: 1456858638693.jpg (12KB, 246x204px) Image search: [Google]
1456858638693.jpg
12KB, 246x204px
>>3412369
>>
File: PrincessGarnet.jpg (17KB, 450x350px) Image search: [Google]
PrincessGarnet.jpg
17KB, 450x350px
>>3412238
>Simple straight forward plot
>Charming characters
>An actual fantasy adventure
>heartfelt call outs celebrating the series history
>10/10 OST

It really was
>>
>>3412359
>telling the truth is now shitposting

Are you from /pol/?
>>
so best
>>
>>3412338
>liking the literal prototype to FF13
kys my man
>>
>>3409235
It's just as shit as the original.
>>
>>3412359
Was this really in Perth? Can't believe I didn't hear about it.
>>
>>3414192

why would you hear about it? Graffiti is hardly news worthy
>>
>>3409235
Its just okay. UI in battle is an oversized abomination. Touched up character models are nice. Audio suffered a little for some absurd reason. Certain minigames(Impress nobles, Jump rope) feel much easier. Other than that its a pretty straightforward FFIX experience.
>>
>>3414156
>hating X just because it was remotely linear, like it's a bad thing

kok
>>
The environment art is amazing, really wish there was a way to swap in higher resolution backgrounds... There's a bunch of high-res renders around and I could clean up the rest manually.
>>
PS4 release when please
>>
>>3409235
It's the same as the original with a mobile UI. They didn't even fix the Thunder Slash glitch, while you can do that with Hades Workshop to the PS1 version.

Not bad, not amazing either.
>>
Speedier battles so yes
>>
>>3416107
It really would've been nice if they at least fixed the mistranslated references and that glitch. I mean fuck, it's not even accuracy. It's the fact that it runs off of Demi's attack formula that screws it up.
>>
>>3414340
>>3416107
Thank you for actual responses. Not op, but I was also wondering about the FFIX port(s) since I have never played the original. These posts are a pretty decent summary of the differences and potential gripes with them.
>>
It's too expensive for what it is, but yes, it's good.
>>
>>3409235
Yeah if you've never played it its pretty good. Only issue gameplay wise is if you use a controller it oddly has 8 way movement instead of 360 degrees.

>>3409837
>>3413128
>>3412391

He's talking about the boosters like FFX on PC has it also

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_IX/Version_differences

>The "boosters" available are always full ATB/Trance/HP/MP, 9999 damage, no random encounters, master abilities (equipping an item automatically unlocks its abilities permanently), and characters' levels and Magic Stones and the party's gil can be maxed out.

Obviously these are completely optional and by his logic that version is somehow shit and you won't get "MUH AUTHENTIC EXPERIENCE" even if you don't use them.

I believe it also has a lower encounter rate according to a few speedrunners I watch.
>>
>>3412369
You seem like such a moron. I personally havebt played ff9 steam port but have played 7 abd 8 on steam. Really great releases imo. I never got very far in 9. Not sure why just bored me I guess and I left it alone. Ill play through it someday..
>>
>>3416369
>you seem like a moron
>judges a game he hasn't finished

So this... is the power... of casuals... woah...
>>
>>3412394
>join hipster/oldschool wannabe subreddits
>"hey guys, people that finished ff9 using the 'cheat' are such newschool faggots"
>generate lulz
>>
>>3416186
Wasn't it just like that in the PS1 original?
>>
>>3412369
Nobody who is trying to pretend to be a nerd is buying Final Fantasy 9.

They're watching dr who, buying 5th edition D&D books and jerking off to harley quinn cosplay.
>>
>>3416781
Don't forget Super Mario Bros.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.