[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BAD PIXEL ART

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 11

File: Kraken Earthbound.gif (4KB, 254x126px) Image search: [Google]
Kraken Earthbound.gif
4KB, 254x126px
Just look at this shit
>>
File: diamond_dog_earthbound.0.jpg (24KB, 324x329px) Image search: [Google]
diamond_dog_earthbound.0.jpg
24KB, 324x329px
>>3407110
Krakens are some of my favorite enemies of that game. EB is memorable, but gameplay is trash outside Ness' Nightmare. I am not a rabid fan of EB.
>>
>>3407110
The technique isn't bad, but I agree that the overall quality of it is a bit crude.
>>
Bloodlust Software
>>
File: hurrdurrspidurr.jpg (148KB, 640x463px) Image search: [Google]
hurrdurrspidurr.jpg
148KB, 640x463px
>I see this

It's shit.
>>
>>3407396
>Ranger X.
>Bad graphics
opinion discarded
>>
>>3407370
i want to pet diamond dog desu
>>
>>3407370
I played Earthbound recently after I beat it for the first time 5 years ago, which I loved. Now I have to say that I have to agree with you, it wasn't as enjoyable as I remembered it. Once you get past the wacky music/artstyle/writing, the gameplay doesn't make for a good experience.
Ness' Nightmare is probably where the game peaks.

>>3407110
In defense, you have to consider that you can make an enemy in that game only look so cool/detailed before it doesn't look like a Peanuts cartoon anymore, which is kind of what the game has going for it.
>>
>>3407110
Yeah it's from Earthbound, what do you want a cookie?
>>
Pretty much all of this.
>>
File: ts_002.png (14KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
ts_002.png
14KB, 320x200px
>>3407393
So bad it's funny. Bloodlust was an indie developer, but it seems it's hard for west to get into sprites.
>>
File: 106471-DungeonsofTheUnforgiven.jpg (57KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
106471-DungeonsofTheUnforgiven.jpg
57KB, 640x480px
still had fun though
>>
File: Time Killers.png (660KB, 4608x1924px) Image search: [Google]
Time Killers.png
660KB, 4608x1924px
Time Killers is another game that looks like shit, Bloodlust-tier.

Why was time-travelling so prevalent in western fighting games? Time Killers, Time Slaughter, Eternal Champions, Savage Warriors, Time Warriors... and all suck. At least three have a caveman character with a dumb name.
>>
>>3408132
Time Killers is a top twenty GOAT game at minimum

Also they travel in Killer Instinct 2
>>
File: Pu-Li-Ru-La_(FMTowns)_32.png (11KB, 512x448px) Image search: [Google]
Pu-Li-Ru-La_(FMTowns)_32.png
11KB, 512x448px
The spritework in Pu-Li-Ru-La is godawful but the game has enough quirky charm to just about get around it.
>>
>>3407370
>>3407530

I like Earthbound but the gameplay is the last thing worth praising, I think how much someone likes the game depends a lot on how much they like everything else. It was also, rather infamously, completely fucking broken much of the way through development and Iwata had to reprogram it at the last minute and bail their ass out.
>>
>>3408162
The style is strange, not bad. The characters are well drawn.
>>
File: earthbound-snes-yes-man-junior.gif (2KB, 108x120px) Image search: [Google]
earthbound-snes-yes-man-junior.gif
2KB, 108x120px
Happy to see that I'm not the only one that fell for the Earthbound is good meme.
>shitty gameplay
>shitty art style
>shitty pixel crafting
>>
File: Time Killers Genesis.png (294KB, 3840x2880px) Image search: [Google]
Time Killers Genesis.png
294KB, 3840x2880px
>>3408132
Genesis version looks GORGEOUS. And sounds as good as it looks.
>>
>>3408081
I think because most of them aim for realistic instead of anime/cartoonish. Mondu's Fight Palace (Tongue of the Fatman), for example, might seem bad on first glance but when you look carefully you can see a lot of effort being put into it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.