[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worms: Armageddon General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: WA.jpg (767KB, 1420x1406px) Image search: [Google]
WA.jpg
767KB, 1420x1406px
Never see this game masterpiece mentioned around here, so sad.
>>
File: tankwars.png (4KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
tankwars.png
4KB, 320x200px
>>3405570
It was fine, but I hear it was practically the same game as womrs 2 and world party.

In fact, just between that and scorched 3d, it kind of started getting old.
>>
>>3405742
World Party was better, but inherently, it's the same game, World Party just added a bunch of content and gameplay modifiers.

Hotseat Multiplayer is a rad feature which all turnbased games oughta have.
>>
It was beautiful in its simplicity. In terms of local, turn-based multiplayer, it's ridiculously fun.

It's telling that Team 17 has done nothing but attempt to remake this game repeatedly ever since its launch, and yet they have still been unable to top it.
>>
WA was my game for a few years a while ago but it always bugged me how much play rope-based schemes get on WormNet to the exclusion of almost anything else

I don't mind shopper or RR but the most fun I had there was usually when I was playing schemes like Team17 or Hysteria, also WxW is garbage

Last time I played a couple years ago 90% of WormNet was Chilean, is it still that way now?
>>
If I'm perfectly honest, I prefer Worms 2, even if Armageddon is the one with the better multiplayer.

World Party is better still, but nobody bothers with it because its improvements over Armageddon are so small that's its forgettable, and not worth fragmenting the player base over.

Team 17 have spent the last two fucking decades trying to remake this success, and it goes nowhere each time.

I honestly think they need to look further back than Armageddon to figure out what the magic formula was, because despite it's success, I'm tempted to say that Armageddon is where the problems began.
>>
>>3407280
WormNet is far more populated with english players thanks to the Steam relaunch- which is just the fan patch applied to the original game

Worms World Party had a remade version of the game (now supporting xinput) but it had a godawful launch and never recovered, so Armageddon is still king
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.