/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zak McKracken

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: zak.gif (19KB, 640x392px) Image search: [Google]
zak.gif
19KB, 640x392px
> Can't talk to or question other characters
> Can't examine items or location hotspots
> Annoying continuous copy protection that actually forced the game to come in two floppies
> Half the game is labyrinths, most of which you must explore using a tiny "light beam" cursor

This game must be good, because I did enjoy it despite all this crap.
>>
But you talk to people by giving them things.
>>
Truly the sign of a good game is tolerating all the horrible shit it throws in your face.

I did not like Zak McKracken.
>>
>>3404197
>Annoying continuous copy protection that actually forced the game to come in two floppies

You do know that unless you're playing the C64 version, you can install it on a hard disk.
>>
I do agree Zak was trying a little too hard to be a giant, sprawling epic.
>>
The mazes aren't hard if you know the trick to navigate through them.

>>3404382
Thankfully nowadays you can play any version on emulation. The C64 port is painful due to the amount of disk access. It does even more than Maniac Mansion.
>>
>>3404395
>The mazes aren't hard if you know the trick to navigate through them.

I keep hearing that; what is it exactly? I did realize the jungle mazes are just random, but the one in Mars I had to map on pen and paper eventually

>>3404392
> Fly to Florida
> Entire state is "closed for repairs"

They manage to make it funny sometimes, but it feels just too unfocused and loose. I prefer a well detailed single location like in Maniac Mansion
>>
File: spot-the-typo.jpg (95KB, 448x652px) Image search: [Google]
spot-the-typo.jpg
95KB, 448x652px
>>3404382
>>3404395

The super kawaii japanese FM Towns CD version is probably where it's at
>>
>>3404197

Are you...feeling...stupid...stoopid..stoo...stoop. Oop.
>>
>>3404897
woah I didn't even know that was a thing
>>
>>3404897
That's nice stuff, any other cool art from the game in that style?
>>
File: zakko.jpg (58KB, 453x650px) Image search: [Google]
zakko.jpg
58KB, 453x650px
>>3405119 >>3405117

The cover is appropriately adorable as well. Plus, all four main characters are in it, so that's extra points maybe (they seem to be super into the broom-shaped alien too)
>>
File: anime.gif (62KB, 640x418px) Image search: [Google]
anime.gif
62KB, 640x418px
>>3405119 >>3405117 >>3405217

Also, it includes a terrifying "anime eyes" mode
>>
>>3405218
It's like before and after a line of coke
>>
>>3404897
Anime was not a mistake.
>>
The Egypt mazes are easy--just go through all the doors with the sun symbol and then the door with the eye symbol.
>>
t est
>>
I re played through the game earlier this year, still as awesome as I remembered but this time I used a map for the mazes because fuck that
>>
According to David Fox, "The large number of mazes was the best way to make the game as big as possible without needing an additional disk."
>>
File: mars.png (28KB, 863x256px) Image search: [Google]
mars.png
28KB, 863x256px
>>3407398
Maniac Mansion is tiny and it's still the superior game. Mazes would have been okay by themselves, but they went out of their way to make some of them as obnoxious as possible. Like in the one in the Face of Mars, which must be navigated in the dark AND with a limited oxygen supply.

The worst bit is that they made one of the characters in Mars "afraid of heights" just so there's a chance you unknowingly decide to use HER to explore the maze, and when you find the climate machine it turns out you can't activate it and have to do it over with the other character.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.